GT-001 Driver not loading, Mac Sierra

Started by bradduerr, January 18, 2017, 11:13:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bradduerr

I can not get the GT-001 driver to load.  I checked with Roland's web site for the latest driver.  The site was not clear as to wether the latest driver will work with Mac Sierra.  The driver I am using is version 1.1.1

Can anyone help?

Elantric

Get latest status on Boss Drivers here

https://www.boss.info/global/support/

https://www.boss.info/global/support/support_news/1609211012b/

https://www.boss.info/global/support/by_product/gt-001/updates_drivers/

as always with Roland / Boss USB Drivers -  - follow the step  by step installation instructions in the"README.HTM" file inside the "gt001_macd_v111.tgz" driver download file

https://www.boss.info/us/support/by_product/gt-001/updates_drivers/31352518-e577-42b1-9c25-d8fb75c1a9bf/

You should be seeing and reading this

Elantric

GT-001 Ver1-1 Driver Ver.1.1.1 for OS X

Note
In no event shall Roland Corporation ("Roland") be liable to end-users for any damages whatsoever, including but not limited to financial damages for loss of business profits or business information arising from the use of, or inability to use this product. The foregoing provision is effective even if Roland has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
*   All files and other material contained in this folder are copyrighted by the Roland. Any alteration, modification, duplication, distribution, or reproduction of this material is prohibited. Additionally, Roland reserves the right to make changes to these programs and files without prior notice.
*   Apple and OS X are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
*   All product names mentioned in this document are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
About this driver

This is a driver for using the GT-001 Ver1-1 on OS X.
Features

Compatible with Apple's standards of CoreAudio and CoreMIDI
Can customize driver buffer size and managing precise recording and playback latencies
System requirements

This driver has the following requirements.

*   Please also check the System requirements for the audio/MIDI application and the operating system you're using.
Operating System
OS X v10.11/v10.10/v10.9

Computer
Apple Mac series computer with on-board USB
*   Even if connected to a USB 3.0 port, the performance of the product will not change.
*   Mac computers running Microsoft Windows are not supported.
Cautions and Limitations

Before you start up your sequencer or related software, use a USB cable to connect the GT-001 Ver1-1 to your computer.
Do not disconnect the USB cable of the GT-001 Ver1-1 during playback or recording. Doing so may cause your software or operating system to shut down abnormally.
You must first exit your sequencer or related software, and then disconnect the USB cable of the GT-001 Ver1-1.
You must disconnect the GT-001 Ver1-1 from the computer before performing a software update for OS X. If you performed the OS X software update with the GT-001 Ver1-1 left connected, you will need to re-install the driver.
If the GT-001 Ver1-1 does not work correctly after resuming from Sleep mode or after restarting the operating system, you should exit all applications that use the GT-001 Ver1-1, and then disconnect the USB cable of the GT-001 Ver1-1 and reconnect it.
Installation

*   If a dialog box requesting a password appears during installation, enter your password and click [Install Software].
Start computer with all USB cables disconnected.
(except the keyboard and mouse)
Double-click "GT001Ver11_USBDriver."
A screen will ask whether you want to run a program that checks whether installation is possible; click [Continue].
The display will indicate "Welcome to the GT-001 Ver1-1 Driver Installer"; click [Continue].
If a screen appears, asking you to choose the installation location, click the system drive to select it, and then click [Continue].
The installation type will be displayed; click [Install] or [Upgrade].
A screen will ask you to confirm that it is OK to restart your computer when installtion finishes. Make sure that no applications are running, then click [Continue Installation].
When the installation is completed, click [Restart] to restart your computer.
*   It may take some time for restarting the computer.
This completes installation of the GT-001 Ver1-1 driver.

*   The Readme file and driver uninstaller are installed in the Applications - BOSS - GT-001 Ver1-1 Driver folder.
Before you begin

Settings for audio input and output on OS X

Use a USB cable to connect the GT-001 Ver1-1 with your computer.
Open "System Preferences" and click [Sound].
Select "GT-001 Ver1-1" for each of the following settings:
"Play sound effects through" under the "Sound Effects" tab
"Select a device for sound output" under the "Output" tab
"Select a device for sound input" under the "Input" tab
Settings for MIDI input and output on OS X

In the Applications - Utilities folder, double-click "Audio MIDI Setup" to start it up.
From the Window menu, choose "Show MIDI Studio"/"Show MIDI Window" to open the MIDI Studio window.
In the "MIDI Studio" dialog box, make sure that "GT-001 Ver1-1" is displayed.
*   If "GT-001 Ver1-1" is not shown, or is shown in gray, the GT-001 Ver1-1 has not been recognized correctly. Try clicking "Rescan MIDI." Alternatively, disconnect the USB cable of the GT-001 Ver1-1 and then reconnect it.
*   If you installed a different version driver, it is possible that the previous settings are still present. If so, click the grayed "GT-001 Ver1-1" to select it, and then click "Remove Device" to delete the previous settings.
Click "Add Device" 2 times. "new external device" icons will appear.
For each "new external device," specify the "Device Name."
Click the added "new external device" to select it, and then click "Show Info."
In the "Device Name" field, enter the name as follows.
1st new external device   GT-001 Ver1-1
2nd new external device   GT-001 Ver1-1 DAW CTRL
*   You don't have to enter anything for the "Manufacturer" and "Model" fields.
Using your mouse, drag the up/down arrows indicating the input/output port to make the following connections.
The 1st ▲/▼ of the "GT-001 Ver1-1" to the ▲/▼ of the added "GT-001 Ver1-1"
The 2nd ▲/▼ of the "GT-001 Ver1-1" to the ▲/▼ of the added "GT-001 Ver1-1 DAW CTRL"
From the Audio MIDI Setup menu, choose "Quit Audio MIDI Setup" to exit the settings.
Before you use the GT-001 Ver1-1 with software

Use a USB cable to connect the GT-001 Ver1-1 with your computer. Then, start up the software you will be using.
Select "GT-001 Ver1-1" in the audio driver setting of your software.
Select "GT-001 Ver1-1" in the MIDI driver setting of your software.
For details, refer to the manual that came with your software.

To change the settings

To change or verify settings

Open "System Preferences" and click "GT-001 Ver1-1."
The Driver Settings Panel is displayed.
About the items in the Driver Settings Panel

"SAMPLE RATE"
Displays the present sample rate.

"Audio Buffer Size"
You can adjust the audio input/output buffer size.
Decreasing the buffer size will shorten the latency and improve realtime performance, but might make it more likely that you will experience audio clicks and pops, depending on your computer's processing power and the song data load.
Increasing the buffer size will lengthen the latency, but will make audio streaming more stable, and it will be less likely for audio clicks and pops to occur.
In general, you'll probably want to decrease the buffer size for better realtime performance if you're playing a software synthesizer in real time, or if you're monitoring an audio input that's being passed through your DAW software.
Conversely, you can increase the buffer size to prevent audio clicks and pops if you're recording or playing back song data that contains numerous tracks and presents a heavy processing load.
By changing the buffer size as appropriate for your situation, you can obtain the right balance between realtime performance and audio streaming stability.

"Recording Margin"
If the recorded audio data contains sound dropouts or noise even after you've adjusted the audio buffer size in your software and also adjusted the above "Audio Buffer Size," try increasing this "Recording Margin" setting.
*   For some software, it may not be possible to adjust the buffer size.

"Recording Timing"
If the timing of the recorded audio data is not correct, adjust this value.

Note)
If you click the [Apply] while your audio software is running, the setting changes won't be immediately reflected. Only after all audio software have been quit, and the software is then started once again will the settings become effective.
To uninstall

Start computer with all USB cables disconnected.
(except the keyboard and mouse)
Double-click "Uninstaller."
The display will indicate "This uninstalls GT-001 Ver1-1 driver from this Mac."; click [Uninstall].
*   If any other message appears, proceed as directed by that message.
The display will indicate "Are you sure you want to uninstall the driver?"; click [OK].
A dialog box will ask you for a password; enter your password and click [OK].
The display will indicate "Uninstllation is completed."; click [Restart]. Your computer will then restart.
*   It may take some time for restarting the computer.
Troubleshooting

Cannot install/uninstall the driver

Follow the procedure described below to start the installer/uninstaller.
Hold down the Control key and click the installer/uninstaller icon.
On the menu that appears, select "Open."
When you are prompted to confirm that you want to start the application, click "Open."
Check the security settings.
In "System Preferences," click "Security & Privacy."
Click the lock icon on the bottom left. When a dialog box requesting a password appears, enter the administrator's password to unlock.
On the General tab, change the "Allow apps downloaded from"/"Allow applications downloaded from" setting to "Mac App Store and identified developers."
*   When you finish installing or uninstalling the driver, change the setting back to the original setting using the same procedure.
Cannot select the GT-001 Ver1-1 device

Did the computer enter a Sleep mode while the GT-001 Ver1-1 was connected?
If the computer entered a Sleep mode while the GT-001 Ver1-1 was connected, it may not operate correctly. In this case, after resuming, exit all software that are using the GT-001 Ver1-1, and disconnect the USB cable of the GT-001 Ver1-1 and reconnect it.

No sound is heard; cannot playback or record

Could you have entered Sleep mode during playback or recording?
If you entered Sleep mode during playback or recording, it will no longer be possible to play back or record from the GT-001 Ver1-1. Exit all currently playing or recording software, and disconnect/reconnect the USB cable of the GT-001 Ver1-1.

Try adjusting the audio buffer size of the driver
If the size of the driver's audio buffer is too small, sound may not be produced, or it may be impossible to carry out normal playback and recording.
In such cases, you should refer to "To change or verify settings," and increase the size of the buffer.

Occasional disruptions in the sound or noises occur

Try adjusting the audio buffer size for the software you're using.
First, try adjusting the audio buffer size for the software you're using.
If sound dropouts or noise still occur during playback or recording, try adjusting the "Audio Buffer Size" in the Driver Settings panel.

Could you have performed a OS X software update while the device was still connected?
If you performed the OS X software update with the device left connected, drop-outs may occur in the sound. If this occurs, please re-install the driver.

Is the GT-001 Ver1-1 connected to a USB hub?
Try connecting the GT-001 Ver1-1 directly to the USB connector of your computer itself.

Occasional disruptions in the sound or noises are in the recorded audio data

If the recorded audio still contains sound dropouts or noise even after you've adjusted the audio buffer size as described in "Occasional disruptions in the sound or noises occur" (above), try increasing the "Recording Margin" in the Driver Settings panel.

bradduerr

I did all of the stuff that Boss/Rowland said to do but I still get the following error message when I attempt to open the driver in system preferences:

"The device could not be found. This settings will automatically become effective when the device is connected the next time."

I have the GT-001 connected when I get this message.  I also get a "device not found" message when I open Tone Studio.

Never had this issue under OS 10.11

gumtown

It is important to not have the USB cable plugged in, until after the driver is installed and the computer restarted.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Elantric

Cannot install/uninstall the driver

Follow the procedure described below to start the installer/uninstaller.
Hold down the Control key and click the installer/uninstaller icon.
On the menu that appears, select "Open."
When you are prompted to confirm that you want to start the application, click "Open."
Check the security settings.
In "System Preferences," click "Security & Privacy."
Click the lock icon on the bottom left. When a dialog box requesting a password appears, enter the administrator's password to unlock.
On the General tab, change the "Allow apps downloaded from"/"Allow applications downloaded from" setting to "Mac App Store and identified developers."
*   When you finish installing or uninstalling the driver, change the setting back to the original setting using the same procedure.
Cannot select the GT-001 Ver1-1 device

Did the computer enter a Sleep mode while the GT-001 Ver1-1 was connected?
If the computer entered a Sleep mode while the GT-001 Ver1-1 was connected, it may not operate correctly. In this case, after resuming, exit all software that are using the GT-001 Ver1-1, and disconnect the USB cable of the GT-001 Ver1-1 and reconnect it.

bradduerr

I can get the driver to install but I can not get it to recognize the GT-001 when I plug it into a USB port.

admin

bradduerr

Elantric

Could be related to the USB 3.0 ports

Avoid a USB HUB

Try reinstalling DRIVER ,use an approved short USB Cable ,
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=11086.msg80947#msg80947

and direct connection to a different USB Port slot on the rear of your iMac

bradduerr

I am a happy boy!  I found out that my problem was that I had not updated the firmware on the GT-001.  Once I did that, everything worked as usual.

Thanks to all of you folks for helping me.

Elantric

Happy to hear you got it working!

Yes the new GT-100 Firmware open up 96kHz sample rate recording

pjwassermann

I also have the problem of not being able to connect Boos Tone Studio for GT to the GT-001.

I can't even have the gear showing me the version number.
Hold down [ EFFECT ] button and [ TUNER ] button, and press and hold [ ON/OFF ] switch. The display will show the current version number at "Ver."
Nothing is being shown in the display.

Hold down [ MENU ] button and press and hold [ ON/OFF ] switch. The message "GT-001 Updater" will appear on the display.
Doesn't work either.

It's a nice box with great sound. Hope to get it working.

Thanks and kind regards
PJ Wassermann
PJ Wassermann
http://www.pjwassermann.com/
Last album "Space Drone Salad": https://pjwassermann.bandcamp.com

gumtown

Is your GT-001 in the powered 'off' state when you press the buttons. ?
Hold down [ EFFECT ] button and [ TUNER ] button, while powering 'on'.

When you say the "updater doesn't work", I guess you have powered on the GT-001 and it displays "updater"?
Which then you look at your computer (with GT-001 USB cable connected) and you will see the GT-001 as a USB memory device (just like a USB memory stick).
In the GT-001 'device' you place the two unzipped/extracted firmware files, (from the file you downloaded).
then press the "write" button on the GT-001.

From my recollection, the USB cable has to be unplugged to finish the firmware install, so your GT-001 will need to be powered from an external source.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

admin

QuoteI also have the problem of not being able to connect Boss Tone Studio for GT to the GT-001.

GT-001 files are here
https://www.boss.info/us/products/gt-001/downloads/
* Follow the detailed  instructions inside the zip file for each item below 

at this hour the process sequence  is

1 ) Update your GT-001 Firmware to version 1.10 ( do this BEFORE you install the GT-001 USB Driver)

https://www.boss.info/global/support/by_product/gt-001/updates_drivers/b8295f2b-78e7-4a7f-8ee2-44a7ca7b89de/

2 ) Install the latest GT-001 USB Driver for your OS  ( if Windows 10 - you need a high speed internet and lots of patience, like go make a sandwich while Microsoft locates the correct GT-001 USB Driver - can take anywhere from 90 seconds to 90 minutes depending on the MS Server, and your internet connection )   

3 ) Install the latest Boss Tone Studio for GT-001 Version 1.1.3

----

GT-001 Firmware 1.04 installation
Getting the update file
Please open/extract the downloaded "gt001_sys_v104.zip" file on your computer to get the two update files named "ROMINFO.TXT" and "GT001ROM.BIN" in the "gt001_sys_v104" folder.
Procedure for the update Caution
• You must not rename the extracted files.
• Never turn off the GT-001's power while the update is in progress. Otherwise the system program or the GT-001 itself may be destroyed.
Please install the extracted system program files into your GT-001 according to the following procedure.
1. Adjust the OUTPUT LEVEL knob to minimum. * Do not connect the GT-001 and the computer yet.
2. Connect an AC adaptor to your GT-001.
3. Hold down [ MENU ] button and press and hold [ ON/OFF ] switch. The message "GT-001 Updater" will appear on the display.
4. Connect the computer to the GT-001's USB port by a USB cable. The message "USB Connected." will appear on the display.
5. Open the BOSS_GT-001 icon. "Removable Disk (*: )" may appear instead of the BOSS_GT-001 icon.
6. Copy (drag and drop) all the files included in the "gt001_sys_v104" folder into the "BOSS_GT-001" icon. * Do not copy the "gt001_sys_v104" folder.
7. Disconnect the BOSS_GT-001 from the computer. With Windows 8 / Windows 7 / Vista / XP
Right-click on the "BOSS_GT-001" icon in My Computer (or the "Removable Disk (*: )" icon) and execute "Eject."
With Mac OS
Drag the "BOSS_GT-001" icon to the Trush icon in the Dock.
8. Disconnect the USB cable. The message "Push [WRITE] to start" will appear on the display.
9. Press [ WRITE ] button to start the update process.
10. The message "Completed." will appear on the display when the update process completes.
11. Turn the GT-001 power off. Please verify the version number "1.04" with the procedure described in "How to tell the version" part of this document.

pjwassermann

Hey, thanks so much for your help!

The unit wasn't powered off when I tried the button combinations...   :(

Funny thing is: I have version 1.05! (I bought the the unit just two weeks ago.)

I'm sure I have the latest driver from the boss website but the connection to the Mac with 10.12.3 still doesn't work.

I want to back up my tweaks as the GT-001 sounds amazingly good!
PJ Wassermann

Elantric

QuoteFunny thing is: I have version 1.05! (I bought the the unit just two weeks ago.)

New wrinkle - update GT-001 Firmware to version 1.10

1 ) Update your GT-001 Firmware to version 1.10 ( do this BEFORE you install the GT-001 USB Driver)
https://www.boss.info/global/support/by_product/gt-001/updates_drivers/b8295f2b-78e7-4a7f-8ee2-44a7ca7b89de/

2 ) Install the latest GT-001 USB Driver for your MacOS Sierra
https://www.boss.info/global/support/by_product/gt-001/updates_drivers/31352518-e577-42b1-9c25-d8fb75c1a9bf/
[ macOS Sierra (10.12) ]
* During installation, the message "GT-001 Ver1-1 Driver Ver.1.1.1 for OS X" is displayed, but the driver can be used without problem under macOS Sierra (10.12).

System requirements
This driver has the following requirements.

* Please also check the System requirements for the audio/MIDI application and the operating system you're using.

Operating System
macOS 10.12
Mac OS X 10.9 / OS X 10.10 / OS X 10.11
Computer
Apple Mac series computer with on-board USB

* Even if connected to a USB 3.0 port, the performance of the product will not change.
* Mac computers running Microsoft Windows are not supported.

3 ) Install the latest Boss Tone Studio for GT-001 Version 1.1.3
https://www.boss.info/global/support/by_product/gt-001/updates_drivers/2243fbf9-2f2a-4ccf-a20b-347335dbbab1/

pjwassermann

Haha  :D keeps going on on a daily basis!
PJ Wassermann

pjwassermann

Looks like like now the Boss engineers have got it working.

Thanks so much.
PJ Wassermann