GR-55 - Writers Challenge: Preset Bank 3 August 2015

Started by DreamTheory, July 24, 2015, 06:55:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DreamTheory

SUBJECT    GR-55 - Writers Challenge: Preset Bank 3 For August 2015

The Challenge:

1.  One or more of the three factory preset patches must be used.

2.  It can be modified but must retain at least 1 of the original PCM tones -but that tone can be modified thru it's parameters.

3.  Drum/percussion tracks, if desired, may be used from any source in the recording. Other instrumentation (such as bass part or synth pads) is also OK, but must be part of your patch modification (hint: use an assign to switch on the tone you need).

4. Please post a copyright free MP3. 3 1/2 minutes or less.

MONTH OF AUGUST2015 CATEGORIES:
==========================
LEAD:     patch 01-3 GR-300 Ctl:+1Oct

RHYTHM: patch 01-3 SoftBrightPad+L4

OTHER:   patch 01-3 Jazz Trio

I am putting this up a little early, just because there was a bit of miscommunication about how we are progressing through the patches. It is not too late do something for July; but if you want to set your sights on August, you can be the first one to submit a creation. This is not a strict contest, so feel free to adapt the rules as needed. The idea is to put our GR-55's and ourselves through some paces, and try to use the sounds in a musical context. It need not be your magnum opus. :)
electric: Epiphone Dot semihollow body, acoustic: mahogany jumbo, recording: Cubase Artist 11 or Tascam DP008

DreamTheory

This is my submission for August- I did not get around to adding bass and jazz kit drums in from the patch, but at least it is something involving the guitar sound from the Jazz Trio patch. I actually modified the guitar a bit, using delay on PCM tones in the background, and some other almost subliminal manipulations.

So- if you are following this thread, and holding back from posting because the rules of the Writers' Challenge seem too strict: don't worry about it! Like they say in  Pirates of the Carribean, "They're more like guidelines."

electric: Epiphone Dot semihollow body, acoustic: mahogany jumbo, recording: Cubase Artist 11 or Tascam DP008