Behringer Fcb1010 Eurekaprom To Control VG-99 and GR-55 - Help

Started by big_jan, December 20, 2011, 07:50:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

big_jan

The EurekaPROM 2 is made by Eureka Sound, check out the EurekaPROM, and their other products, like the Buitar/Baitar on their website and YouTube Channel

http://www.eurekasound.com

http://www.youtube.com/EurekaSoundLLC

I have very good experience with David from Eureka Sound. He promptly sent me a prom replacement when I advised him I wasn't getting the cycle display on the FCB. All at no cost. I will purchase the new prom they are marketing that will work for the VG99.

Charles5150

Amazing !

I used the UNO chip for months, now I'm using this one:

http://www.eurekasound.com/eurekaprom

guitarno

Quote from:  Charles5150 on March 14, 2013, 04:41:29 PM
Amazing !

I used the UNO chip for months, now I'm using this one:

How do you think the 2 eproms (Uno & Eureka) compare? Is the Eureka better the the Uno? Also, are you using a software editor to program the FCB-1010? I've been thinking about getting a FCB-1010 to control Mainstage & VST's, and have been trying to decide if I'd be better off with either one of them or just the standard eprom it comes with. In some ways the Roland FC-300 would be superior, but the FCB-1010 is a lot cheaper. The mods shown on this thread are very interesting - one thing about the FCB is that it does take up a lot of real estate.

Suhr Classic Pro SSS, PRS Hollowbody II Piezo, Breedlove Oregon Concerto E, Fractal FM3, Mesa Boogie LoneStar Special

tekrytor

I've had my FCB1010 for many years and was an early UnO adopter. I've also been watching the evolution of the Eureka ROM. My take is that the UnO ROM is more flexible, programmable and powerful because it can send sysex messages, providing the best bang for the buck. However, if you use one of the devices that the  Eureka ROM supports and do not want to spend time programming or learning to program the UnO-FCB, then the Eureka is probably the better choice. If you can or like to use a PC or Mac in your rig, then a third option is FCBbooster, which greatly expands FCB capabilities. The Mercedes solution is Ossandust's Little Giant mods that turn the FCB into the mothership of MIDI foot controllers, but it costs a bit for all that power and it comes in three sizes. Google the names for more info.
SY-300/BeatBuddy/VoiceLive 3/GR-55(v1.50)/33/1/50/700/VGA-7/V-Bass, Yam-G10, GPK-4, DIY X-Bee HighlyLiquidCPU "Cozy-Lil-Footie", FCB-1010, other MIDI stuff, Godin Freeway SA and various other GK equipped controllers, Sonar X1, Audacity, KXstudio, Misc devices

Elantric

This video demos the EurekaPROM 2 e-prom for the Behringer FCB1010 MIDI Foot Controller.

In this video we use the EurekaPROM 2 in '11' mode for the Avid Eleven Rack.

The EurekaPROM 2, by Eureka Sound!, replaces the previous Eureka Prom v.1 models.

The EurekaPROM 2 is MORE OF EVERYTHING!

More customized configurations - not only does the EurekaPROM 2 include configurations for the same effect units as the v.1 EurekaPROM (Eleven Rack, POD, and many more), but it adds configurations for the Kemper Profiling Amp, and the AXE-FX II!

More Modes - The EurekaPROM 2 adds a new mode called "Effects and Presets".
In this mode, you can change rigs and control effects - no need to switch modes!

More Improvements - The EurekaPROM 2 contains several improvements, like an improved Programmable Mode, and improvements in Favorite Presets Mode!

All of that, tied with the incredible price, means MORE VALUE!

With the EurekaPROM 2, you don't have to spend time trying to figure out how to program your Behringer FCB1010. Simply install the EurekaPROM 2, then....... oh yeah, THAT'S IT!

Everything has already been programmed for you in a logical way. Just choose your configuration and get back to actually playing music, not programming!

However, if you are the type that likes delving in to the world of MIDI programming, you can do that too, in the Programmable Mode.

The EurekaPROM 2 is made by Eureka Sound, check out the EurekaPROM, and their other products, like the Buitar/Baitar on their website and YouTube Channel

http://www.eurekasound.com

http://www.youtube.com/EurekaSoundLLC

Elantric

New update for EurekaProm 3.1
http://www.eurekasound.com/store

EurekaPROM 3 released!

The EurekaPROM gets even better!

The Kemper configuration now includes looper control, & with tuner info displayed on the FCB1010 display.
The Fractal configuration now includes effect state feedback for Mark II, along with tuner info on the FCB1010 display. Also supports up to 512 presets for XL!
Added one new configuration: IO for programmers
Improved wah pedal response and range
Improved LED brightness
Other minor bug fixes
$10 off when upgrading from previous PROM!

jeimdall

Hi, I'm new at the forum.
I have bought a Behringer FCB1010 to control VG-99 and GR-55 using Eurekaprom.
The only thing that i have done is connected to VG-99 to change patches but i couldn't get expression pedals working.

The main question if is i can use to control both VG-99 and GR-55 at same time. I will use for switch patches and expresion pedals.

I hope some one can give me an idea about how to connect them and how to starts.

Thanks!!!

Elantric

sixeight

belinmad

How do I assign global settings to the fcb1010+eurekaprom for my vb-99? I just installed the new chip, connected it to the vb99, and see things working fine in the preset mode, but not on the effects or favorite modes, and the expression pedals don't work either.

admin

One PROM.  All Effects Boxes.  Total Control.
No need to read your multi-effects box MIDI manual!
No need to figure out how to program the Behringer FCB1010!
And we've changed the functionality of the FCB1010 to be musician friendly.
All you need to do is install the EurekaPROM 3!

There is a customized configuration for the following list of effects boxes:
Roger Linn Design AdrenaLinn III*
Kemper Profiling Amp*
Behringer V-Amp series*
Behringer Bass V-Amp Series*
Avid Eleven Rack
TC Electronic G-Force, G-Major, G-Sharp, Nova
Fractal Audio Systems Axe-FX Standard, Ultra, II, & XL/XL+*
BOSS GT-PRO & Roland VG-99 & VB-99
Line6 POD series
(* EF Mode supports automatic update of effect state to pedal LEDs)

Plus an easy-to-use programmable configuration for all other effects boxes and custom setups - even multiple effects boxes simultaneously! Works with devices from Ableton, Digitech, Eventide, IK Multimedia, Rocktron, and others.

All of the configurations share a basic layout, functionality, and features:
Four or Five Modes (depending on configuration), easily switched between using the Up/Down pedals:
Effects Mode: Turn individual effects on/off (like stompboxs), with effect state reflected on the pedal LED
Presets Mode: Easily enter and send presets
Favorite Presets Mode: Favorite Presets Mode allows you to store and recall your 10 favorite presets with the push of a pedal!
Specials Mode: Allowing you to access special modes within your chosen configuration
Effects & Presets Mode:  Pedals 1-5 from Effects Mode, and pedals 6-10 from Favorite Presets Mode
Expression Pedals for wah, volume, and more for some configurations
MIDI activity LED
Follow these links to learn more:
Setup
Installing the EurekaPROM
First Power On
Selecting a Configuration
Expression Pedal Calibration
Diagnostics
Configurations
A3: AdrenaLinn III
PA: Kemper Profling Amp
VA: V-Amp Series
VB: Bass V-Amp Series
11: Eleven Rack
G-: TC Electronic G- series
FA: Fractal Axe-FX II
Po: POD series
bo: BOSS/Roland devices
PP: Programmable, for all other effects
IO: Input/Output mode for programmers
FAQ
EurekaSound Forum
All for only $35 Delivered in USA
(Add $10 USD for international shipping)

Don't want to load the EurekaPROM yourself?  No problem.
Buy an FCB1010 preloaded with the EurekaPROM for $270 Delivered!
(Preloaded FCB1010 not available internationally)

Have more questions? Check our Forum, or Contact us!

Read what our customers are saying...

What is included in the EurekaPROM package?
The PROM, pedal labels for pedals 1-10 of the FCB1010, and an overlay label for FCB1010 display area.
What is the latest EurekaPROM revision?
Revision 3.2.
Here's the EurekaPROM changelog:
Revision 3.2
FA configuration (Fractal)
Added support for 768 presets.
Fixed bug that prevented effect state feedback for the Fractal Axe XL/XL+.
PA configuration (Kemper)
Added support for Morphing.
Changed reverb and delay to add tails.
PP Programmable configuration
Added feature that recalls the last preset # per MIDI channel in Pr Mode.
Revision 3.1
Added support for effect state feedback for the Fractal Axe series, along with tuner feedback to the FCB1010 7-segment display
Revision 3.0
Added one new configuration: IO for programmers
Updated the PA configuration for the Kemper Profiling Amp to include looper functionality and tuner feedback on the pedal
Updated the FA configuration to expand to 511 presets
Improved wah pedal response and range
Improved LED brightness
Minor bug fixes
Revision 2.0
Added two new configurations
PA for the Kemper Profiling Amp (that has effect state feedback!)
& FA for the Fractal Audio Systems Fractal Axe-FX II
Added a split mode, where pedals 1-5 are stomp boxes, and pedals 6-10 are presets
Improved Favorite Preset mode so that the program change is sent on the pedal press rather than the release
Totally rethought PP Programmable configuration, with
Effect Mode stomp box type selection of toggle (0/127) and/or momentary (127)
The ability to send program changes to all 16 MIDI channels in Presets Mode
The ability to invert LEDs in Effect mode
The ability to offset the Program Change value by +1 to the 7-segment display
Both Note On & Note Off sent in SP mode
Improved wah pedal response
Revision 1.1
Initial release
Do you have a EurekaPROM upgrade policy?
Yes, if you have an earlier version of the EurekaPROM and would like to upgrade to the latest version:
Purchase as normal via the Store using the same account/email that you used for your previous purchase.
Send me an email letting me know you are upgrading. We'll verify your first purchase in our customer database.
We'll PayPal you back $10 USD.
Once you receive, install, and love the new EurekaPROM, please destroy your old EPROM.