Author Topic: GP-10 vs Kemper, who would have thought!!!!!  (Read 5949 times)

Offline slooky

Re: GP-10 vs Kemper, who would have thought!!!!!
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2017, 06:50:47 AM »
So can anybody tell me what is the difference between a Helix,Axe fx or Kemper vs say a Gp-10 or Gt-100? Is it because the amp sims are that much better? Effects that much better?

Offline Elantric

« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2017, 07:20:30 AM »
The quality of the parts and level of DSP code execution, and number of FX and routing and support for third party Speaker Cab Impulse Response wave file loading ( a.k.a. Cab IR) 
https://www.premierguitar.com/articles/The_Working_Guitarist_All_About_Impulse_Responses

and external controls and ports explain the cost differences (you do get what you pay for)

add the expectations of the user( due to prior experience and needs of the individual)

Each of those units you mention have threads here with user experiences and several Youtube users have detailed videos comparing each 

« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 10:49:12 AM by admsustainiac »

Offline alexmcginness

« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2017, 07:31:55 AM »
So can anybody tell me what is the difference between a Helix,Axe fx or Kemper vs say a Gp-10 or Gt-100? Is it because the amp sims are that much better? Effects that much better?

All of those are fine bits of kit. IMO it all boils down to how good you are at programming the things and your playing. Elantric doesnt care too much for the Avid 11 rack. Again it boils down to how you use the tool. Heres a demo of the 11 rack playing a Jim Hendrix tune. I was blown away by it as Im VERY familiar with that particular tune and I was hard pressed at first as to wether it was the first take from the first show at the Filmore. So, pick what you can work with and work the bee jeepers out of it. All of the amp sim boxes are more than close emough to the real thing now. It just boils dow to what particualr version of reality strikes your fancy and fulfills your needs. Theres also a demo of All Right Now here on the forum, using the VG 99 that I played for my tone freak friends. When I tell them that the guitar isnt the guy in Free but one of our members on a VG 99 most of them are stunned cause theyve swallowed the myth that digital isnt as good as tubes and analog Fx. So heres the hendrix demo on the Avid 11.

https://soundcloud.com/angel-reca/machine-gun-demo-mix-8-4-2015
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 07:39:55 AM by alexmcginness »
VG-88V2, GR-50, GR-55, 4 X VG-99s,2 X FC-300,  2 X GP-10 AXON AX 100 MKII, FISHMAN TRIPLE PLAY,MIDX-10, MIDX-20, AVID 11 RACK, BEHRINGER FCB 1010, LIVID GUITAR WING, ROLAND US-20, 3 X GUYATONE TO-2. MARSHALL BLUESBREAKER, SERBIAN ELIMINATOR AMP.