Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Until I read about it here recently, I had no idea what the ATG 1 did, didn"t know it was hex 13 pin and barely new Antares existed.
GK Guitars / Re: Fender-Roland GC-1 GK-Ready Stratocaster question
« Last post by Guido81 on Today at 08:26:11 PM »
The trem king seems a nice alternative to Floyd rose style bridges?, even if it requires routing, It should be done by a luthier anyway. I always wondered how the GK3 would track with a floyd rose and dive bombs, though I normally would do that only with mag pick ups, well, who knows I might be doing in the future some crazy synth stuff with the whammy bar lol :D

thanks for the info, as always. I'll read the linked topic.
GK Guitars / Re: Godin xtSA low volume electric pu
« Last post by admsustainiac on Today at 07:20:16 PM »
For testing this evening I was only running the individual acoustic and electric output jacks. 

In that case you will not be able to use the GR-55 or gain access to the xtSA the Piezo hex output  - both require the Gk 13 pin cable alone ( inserting cable plugs  into the 1/4" jacks on the xtSA will disable those signals from being transmitted on the GK 13 pin cable

If you do not use the Gk13 pin cable - verify you have a fresh 9V Battery - located behind the Slider pots  - remove the round cover on the rear to access the Godin 9V  battery

Read the 8 pages of xtSA info
http://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=3912.0
GK Guitars / MOVED: Godin XTSA
« Last post by admsustainiac on Today at 07:17:39 PM »
« Last post by TheParasite on Today at 07:15:41 PM »
Hi Adam.  Thanks for the info.

Question, though:  For testing this evening I was only running the individual acoustic and electric output jacks.  Then I ran the combo output jack.  I received the same results. 

When I ran the 13 pin yesterday, it worked fine, but still had the electric issues.  So, how does the 13 pin cable effect the other two?

Thank you
« Last post by admsustainiac on Today at 06:57:23 PM »
I recently started having an issue with the electric side of my xtSA. It seems the volume, on all five pu positions, has dramatically decreased.

Check your 13 pin cable

The Godin xtSA internal battery (behind the round cover plate on the rear) is not utilized when the GK 13 pin cable is connected

The RMC piezo is indeed your source for GR55 guitar modeling. Assign the "GK type" as "RMC Piezo" and complete the GR55 GK guitar setup as described in the GR55 owners manual

Read the 8 pages of xtSA info
http://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=3912.0

and read

Godin + GR-55
http://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=9080.0
Just wondering what you discovered since March ... I'm mating an xtSA with GR-55 too. It's my impression that the modeling shapes the synth signal, not the magnetic or piezo pickups.
GK Guitars / Godin xtSA low volume electric pu
« Last post by TheParasite on Today at 06:16:28 PM »
[font=.SF UI Text][font=.SFUIText]I recently started having an issue with the electric side of my xtSA. It seems the volume, on all five pu positions, has dramatically decreased. I can't get a balance of output between the acoustic and electric sides.  On the board Sunday I had to max out the channel gain, and almost max out the volume fader.  This was so bad that two mins before Mass started I decided to ditch the xtSA and go with my trusty Dean acoustic/electric.  Has anyone else experienced this issue?[/font][/color][/font][/size][font=.SF UI Text][/color][font=.SFUIText][/font][/color][/font][/size][font=.SF UI Text][/color][font=.SFUIText]Is there maybe a hidden battery? I changed out the one for the acoustic side but it didn't help.  (Duh...acoustic isn't electric, Steve!)[/font][/color][/font][/size][font=.SF UI Text][/color][font=.SFUIText][/font][/color][/font][/size][font=.SF UI Text][/color][font=.SFUIText]FYI, I did do a search on the board for "Godin low volume electric" which returned two results...neither of which applied here. [/font][/color][/font][/size][font=.SF UI Text][/color][font=.SFUIText][/font][/color][/font][/size][font=.SF UI Text][/color][font=.SFUIText]Thanks![/font][/color][/font][/size]
General Discussion / Re: OT: How Apple ruined my day as a musician
« Last post by gumbo on Today at 05:24:15 PM »
That's why when I went to Sierra I didn't bother going to Photos: I stuck with iPhoto by copying it to an external drive them moving it back when the process was over.  It works fine.  No need for a stupid long excessive importing process.  I've never used Photos because they took away things I used previously.

I also bought Lightroom by Adobe which basically had all the features that Aperture did that I considered getting but didn't get abandonware status. 
So that's the big photo editor but iPhotos is the cataloger (for now).

I do run a boot camp partition on the other side of this machine for windows specific tasks.  But it's not a build process I'd recommend to anyone who isn't a windows sysadmin by day (I am).

..yeah...I'm trying (!) to LESSEN the time I spend figuring out what the s#!t happens on the other side of the screen of my iMacs, and spend more time actually making music...but I swear it gets more difficult every week..  ::)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10