GR-55 - Alternate tunings

Started by pmgnut, January 16, 2017, 12:29:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pmgnut

Hi, I am wondering if it's possible to get a half-Nashville tuned Barritone acoustic guitar sound with the GR-55, {tuning and string gauge example below} or something remotely similar. Any suggestions?

"Half Nashville" BEADF#B .070w, .056w, .020, .016, .018, .014 - 

admin

The GR-55 you can make a guitar tuned in standard tuning e,a,d,g,b,e ( A=440hz) become a Baritone with Nashville tuning

but you may have real problems to make a guitar tuned in baritone tuning, then use GR-55 to make it baritone nashville tuning

Giuseppe

You should be able to create a custom alt tuning to whatever you want. You just go into the menu as adjust how many steps up or down the string gets changed to.

DreamTheory

The way you simulate string gauge is with the fine tuning parameter. You can raise or lower the strings in increments smaller than 1 chromatic step. I forget if it goes down to hundredths or just tenths. Check out some of the 12 string simulations for ideas. In real life a thin string next to a thick string does not have the same intonation up the fretboard, so the concept is to try to add a little of that character back in.

You could use a model first, but don't ignore the use of PCM tones. They sound awful just as they are, but I have gotten some really cool sounds by raising them an octave or two. Try messing with the ADSR. You can make low volume layers sort of like harmonics.

And let us hear a little sample of what you come up with.
electric: Epiphone Dot semihollow body, acoustic: mahogany jumbo, recording: Cubase Artist 11 or Tascam DP008