GR-55- Connection question

Started by LeftyKev, January 15, 2017, 06:19:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeftyKev

Hi chaps, how do I connect my pedal board to the GR55 please? I was thinking of GT100 or pedalboard (for non-synth) into GR55 for synth into RC300 for loops all using the same guitar. Is this do-a-bubble?

K

gumtown

Either way..
1) Plug from the GR-55 "guitar out" jack to the pedal board input.
or
2) use a second guitar lead from the guitar to the pedal board input.

In both cases you still need to mix the GR-55 and pedal board outputs together if using one common amp.

My GR-55 has been modified and 2 holes drilled in the case for a normal guitar pickup send/return loop, where external pedals can be plugged inline with the regular guitar tone, and back into the GR-55.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

LeftyKev

Thanks Gumtree.

So I've a gt100 a gr55 and a rc300.
Two inputs into rc300 so got that one from gt100, one from GR55?

So that leaves the gt100 and gr55.
You had me putting two cables into one input which confused me.

Guitar has a midi and a 1/4 cable.
One into GR55, tuther into gt100?

Do I link the GR55 and GT100 via cables or use an A/B switch? I have a Morley ABC switch in my bag of tricks.

K

Giuseppe

The gr55 has a vuotar put which can be set to be be your modeled tone or your regular pick ups. That is a 1/4 jack. If you do that you just use the 13 pin cable. You could also just run a 1/4 cable, in addition to the 13 pin direct from the guitar to the gr100, but then you can't get the modeled tones. I use a lot of alt tunings on the gr55 so i use the guitar out with modeled tones.

Mrchevy

An excellent demo of the rc-300 and GR55 together. 
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG 50's prototype
Squire classic vibe 60's
Epi LP Modern
Epi SG Custom
Martin acoustic

Princeton chorus 210

GT100
GR-55
Helix LT
Waza Air Headphones