GR-55-Saving patches

Started by LeftyKev, January 08, 2017, 01:30:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeftyKev

I've now cracked the infamous gk3 switching issue - hurrah!!!!
I took the patches I'm likely to use and saved them as user patches.
Then I went through the "nice Tenor" and added the pickups and saved it - bingo !!!
I'm on a roll here thinks I.
Goes to "concert grand" and make the same change - it works - I press write & save it. It's not working on guitar only - press edit and the pickup box is un-checked - I set it again and save - again it doesn't save that setting. So some patches allow the edit and save and some 'clear' the setting as it is saved.
Can someone be kind enough to tell me what's happening and why the exact same process doesn't work on some patches please?
Ta - Kev

gumtown

For "Concert Grande" the EXPression pedal Switch (EXP SW) is already setup in the pedl functions, to control the Tone Switch.

It currently switches PCM2 on/off, you will see PCM1 is set in both switch positions, so the PCM1 is always 'on', and modelling and Normal PU are not selected in either position, so will always be 'off'.

You can either set the EXP SW function to disabled, or select both modelling and normal pu in both EXP SW position options.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

LeftyKev

Gumtown you are a hero sir. Thank you, I'm learning quickly.
Perhaps you could help with my next dilemma.
On something like "comfortable solo" when the gk switch is in the guitar only setting, the guitar is not the tone of the guitar, there are some effects (gain/distortion) in there and very loud. Where can I get to the actual pickups only sound please?
Thanks in advance.
Kev

gumtown

Most likely the amp simulation is set to a high gain amp model.
Choose a lower gain amp like the JC120, or just switch off the amp modelling.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

LeftyKev

Hi Gumtree
When I switch comfortable solo using the gk3 to guitar only the sound has effects on it, therefore it isn't my pickups being heard but something else as well. How do I get the simple pickups "effect free" please?
Kevin

gumtown

Just switch off the effects.
If you are using the factory patches in the GR-55, most of them (GR-55 patches) use the GK modelled pickup, and not the guitar normal pickup.

Are you using the GR-55FloorBoard editor for graphical editing and layout of the GR-55 functions.?

If you want normal pickup tones, just enable (switch on) the Normal P.U. tone part, and switch off the Modelled pickup tone.

The MOD and MFX units can be switched off, depending on what the are set to do.
The Reverb, Chorus, Delay effects have 3 level controls, one for each input source (normal PU, Modelled tone, PCM synth tone), you just need to turn down the level for the input source you don't want the effect on.

LeftyKev

Do you mean as separate patches? If I turn the mod off I lose the "comfortable" sound, if I add normal pickups and switch the gk3 to guitar only I get a distorted tone. So are you saying create a clean patch to switch to? I'm sorry I'm being so thick.

Also, how do I connect my pedal board to the GR55 please? I was thinking of GT100 or pedalboard (for non-synth) into GR55 for synth into RC300 for loops all using the same guitar. Is this do-a-bubble?

K