Anyone use Guitar Rig 5 with the VG99 and FC300?

Started by cynegetic, May 27, 2013, 10:40:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cynegetic

If so, any tips on controlling GR5 with the FC? Going through the 99 via USB.

I haven't been able to figure it out. Of course I'm only using the demo so it may not be possible with such but would like to know if it can be done before I decide to purchase.

Thanks!

germanicus

Quote from: cynegetic on May 27, 2013, 10:40:39 PM
If so, any tips on controlling GR5 with the FC? Going through the 99 via USB.

I haven't been able to figure it out. Of course I'm only using the demo so it may not be possible with such but would like to know if it can be done before I decide to purchase.

Thanks!

Someone else may be able to verify, but im not sure if the vg99 will function as a pass through over USB for any midi it receives from the FC300. I know that you can assign the FC300 as a Hold Controller via the GTR to MIDI>System Menu, and there are two assigns in the GTR TO MIDI>Patch menu on page 2, but this is still somewhat limited.

A few recommendations:

Install something like Midi-ox. That way you can see exactly whats coming in over the vg99's USB midi port. 

Play around also with the FC300's other modes, ive found the 'Control' Mode very useful controlling different parameters of Cantabile and different synths within it.

Anyone know for sure whether the Vg99 act as a through? Some synth modules I have owned have specifically said Out/Thru, which the vg99 does not.
My albums done with modeling/guitar synth at http://music.steamtheory.com

JTV69/59P/Godin LGXT/Multiac ACS/Variax 700 AC
Helix/FTP/GP10/VG99/SY1000
Traynor k4

Kevin M

What exactly are you trying to control in GR5?  I'm not sure about USB, but you can use the VG99's MIDI out to send CC info based on some input from the FC300.

cynegetic

Nothing too particular. You know patch change, stomp, wah, etc.

Would prefer not to use midi direct from the fc300.  Would prefer to go through the vg99 then usb if possible. Fewer, cleaner connections.