Fender Strat Tripleplay or Godin Progression Tripleplay or Roland Strat GC1?

Started by highlandsrock, January 24, 2014, 08:35:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

highlandsrock

Had been toying with the idea of getting a Roland GC1 or going cable/Roland free with a Godin Progression Tripleplay. Have just seen the new Fender Strat Tripleplay announced at NAMM 2014. Looks promising and with a UK street price of £802.00, about the same as the Roland GC1. I get to add a genuine (albeit TexMex) Fender Strat to my collection and no need to buy further 13 pin cables. Just need to make sure they do a maple fretboard version and I think I'll be spending some hard earned cash.

Anyone got any thoughts on the above?
Ibanez RG870 with GT3 internal kit +
GR-33, VG-99, GR-55, GP-10, SY-1000, Strymon Big Sky

Elantric

Fine If you dont need low latency DSP Modeled guitar types and Alt tuning (as found in VG99, GR55, Variax.

highlandsrock

I've just put my credit card back in my wallet (without spending anything I hasten to add). They're not due over here in UK until late April so there's still plenty of time to decide. I wouldn't actually ditch all my Roland gear but the thought of not having a 13 way cable following me around is quite tempting.
Ibanez RG870 with GT3 internal kit +
GR-33, VG-99, GR-55, GP-10, SY-1000, Strymon Big Sky

scratch17

My choice is none of the above.

I want one of these:

http://www.sonicstate.com/amped/2014/01/22/namm-2014-fender-deluxe-strat-plus-solderless-system-from-fender/

If it can be retro-fitted with a Graphtech Ghost system, I'll have it all. A great Strat, FTP, 13 pin and lots of adjust-ability to the native sound of the instrument. If this new Strat can't take the extra internal electronics, I'll mount FTP on it, and use my Hamer Duotone with my Axon AIX-101 pickup for 13 pin use.
Hamer Duotone, Brian Moore i213, Taylor 710 BCE 

VG-99, FC-300, RMC Fanout
RJM Mastermind GT10
Kemper Profiling Amp
Radial JDV Mk3, X-Amp
Mesa Recto Pre + 20/20
68 Fender Bandmaster (AB763)
Marshal AS80R

UA Apollo X6, Twin X, Logic Pro, Luna, Melodyne Studio