FC300 - can I scroll through banks, not hitting UP/DOWN many times?

Started by collin_roberts, June 12, 2012, 12:50:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

collin_roberts

Greetings!

Sorry if this question has already been answered here - I have not found the answer yet.

I have recently gotten a VG-99 + FC-300 to replace my old VG-88. With my VG-88, I could scroll through my banks by holding the UP/DOWN buttons. So far with the FC-300, this does not work. Is there a setting I need to make to enable scrolling through banks? Or is scrolling through banks simply not possible with my new rig? Any advice on this would be appreciated. By the way, my VG-99 and FC-300 both have the latest firmware. I am using SYSEX mode on the FC-300.

Thanks very much!

Collin

Brent Flash

Welcome to the group collin_roberts!  :)

The VG system will scroll through the banks but you will have to press the up / down for each bank. I don't know of any way to make it fly through them by holding the button. It may do this but I have never tried to do it myself, I always wanted to press once for the next bank or twice for two, etc.

collin_roberts

Thanks very much for the reply. I am disappointed that this does not work with the FC-300. There are times when I need to fly through the banks quickly, so I guess I will have to improve my "tap dance" skills!

Baldadi

This IS possible: in the system/CTL menu you can assign your FC300 CTL1/2 or any other extra pedal that you have connected to the FC300 to go to the next patch (for example, set your: FC-300 CTL1 to the setting PATCH SELECT INC). If you hold it down, it will scroll super fast. Downside: you cant assign this CTL1 to anything else ;-) But hey, that's life...

Sorry for the late reaction, just got my FC300 couple of days ago...

Bye, R