FC300 - Changing Pedals CC # assignment

Started by aragon, July 01, 2014, 03:18:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aragon

I have a FC-300 and I want to control my VG-99 and my new Axe Fx2 . I want to use the Control Change Mode to control my Axe Fx2 and need to changed the pedals assignment CC# . I would like to know if by changing the CC# assignment for each pedals , my FC-300 will still be able to contol my VG-99 (I'm not planning to use both devices at the same time) since the FC-300 is  using  the System Exclusive mode to control the VG-99.

Brent Flash

You can use both at the same time if you like, all you have to do is go in to the ASSIGN area and set up the CC# you want for the Ace Fx2 and that is it. You do have to connect a MIDI cable to the Axe and it can be from the VG or the FC if I am remembering right. It may be just the VG though. Use the ASSIGN 1-16 area to set it up.

Also as seen below the FC has a mode you can switch the FC to (thanks for pointing that out Elantric) but I think it is much simpler to do right in the VG editor program.
If you have other questions just post them.

aragon

Thanks Brent for the information,

When you say that I can control both devices at the same time using the Midi Assing page in the VG-99 editor , what will happen if I assing for example FC300 CTL 1 to a CC# for something on the Axe Fx and Vg-99 is using the same CC# for something else? I suppose that both devices will received the control change message since we can only changed the channel number when using the Fc300 in patch mode and to control the VG-99 the FC300 must be in Sysex mode.

Sorry but I'm quite new to midi programming , and I'm still learning how to use it.

Brent Flash

Quote from: aragon on July 02, 2014, 05:26:59 PM
Thanks Brent for the information,

When you say that I can control both devices at the same time using the Midi Assing page in the VG-99 editor , what will happen if I assing for example FC300 CTL 1 to a CC# for something on the Axe Fx and Vg-99 is using the same CC# for something else? I suppose that both devices will received the control change message since we can only changed the channel number when using the Fc300 in patch mode and to control the VG-99 the FC300 must be in Sysex mode.

Sorry but I'm quite new to midi programming , and I'm still learning how to use it.
Using the FC in SYSEX mode the VG99 does not use CC#s, it uses SYSEX. But this does not mean the if you have CTL 1 (your example) set to do something in the VG it won't do that along with the CC data sent. It will take some thought. But if you are not using a controller you can sure set it to just send CC# data and the VG will not do anything if it is not set up in the ASSIGN/FC300 section. You could set up a patch that shuts the VG off and just control the AX or visa versa or have them both at the same time, your choice.