THE WAY OF THE CLOUDS

Started by ainsoph, November 02, 2015, 12:32:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ainsoph

Welcome to my new 18 minutes sonic ambiental journey , using Omnisphere and GP-10 :

https://love1008.bandcamp.com/album/the-way-of-the-clouds

MusicOverGear

Love it. Listening to this with my breakfast - making me feel like I'm going to do great things today haha.

ainsoph

Quote from: MusicOverGear on November 02, 2015, 04:33:51 AM
Love it. Listening to this with my breakfast - making me feel like I'm going to do great things today haha.

:) !  Happy that you love and how it makes you feel ! :)

ainsoph

bonus track added to my new album !

Brak(E)man

Great album !

Both tracks are beautiful.

The bonus track are a masterpiece reminds me of
Richard Skelton

Any loopers involved ?
swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch

neshel

First track makes me think of a tertian Morton Feldman.  I ilke it. Not airy-fairy new age-y (pentatonic), but no reliance on major nor minor key, neither. I guess that's the spirit of the cloud, eh?

Second track I can't stand. Plucky and sitar-y and messy sounding.

Third one is nice. I like the clarity of the tones and space better than in track one.

Fourth track is decent. Fifth is about as nice as three.

Ki-ller image in the page header. I kyped it.

I'm gonna disagree with Osho, as I'm sure Benoit Mandelbrot would.

Brak(E)man

Nice more tracks to check out tomorrow
Thanx mate !

- Lydia Lunch

aliensporebomb

Very nice.  Had a tiring day and the first track was the perfect piece to put me in a mood of relaxation.  Hit the spot.
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

ainsoph

Quote from: Brak(E)man on November 06, 2015, 03:28:05 AM
Great album !
Both tracks are beautiful.
The bonus track are a masterpiece reminds me of
Richard Skelton
Any loopers involved ?

Thank you friend and for the link to so nice Skelton music , yes sekvences are "looped" in a DAW but in an organic way

Quote from: neshel on November 13, 2015, 12:04:57 PM
First track makes me think of a tertian Morton Feldman.  I ilke it. Not airy-fairy new age-y (pentatonic), but no reliance on major nor minor key, neither. I guess that's the spirit of the cloud, eh?
Second track I can't stand. Plucky and sitar-y and messy sounding.
Third one is nice. I like the clarity of the tones and space better than in track one.
Fourth track is decent. Fifth is about as nice as three.
Ki-ller image in the page header. I kyped it.

Thank you for reviewing and commenting the album and header  ! I have changed the tracks order AND updated the sitar-y track to be more coherent . Yes i tried to capture the spirit ( movements) of the clouds

Quote from: neshel on November 13, 2015, 12:04:57 PM
I'm gonna disagree with Osho, as I'm sure Benoit Mandelbrot would.

ahah good one ! :))

Quote from: Brak(E)man on November 13, 2015, 01:35:44 PM
Nice more tracks to check out tomorrow
Thanx mate !

Welcome , glad you like !

Quote from: aliensporebomb on November 13, 2015, 10:54:45 PM
Very nice.  Had a tiring day and the first track was the perfect piece to put me in a mood of relaxation.  Hit the spot.

So nice to know ! Thanks !

neshel

I thought Air was intentionally so. It's not messy in technique or production, just a lot of tick-tacking on the strings - kind of like a girl's nails on my skin, I don't care for it, but rather (cut-back nails and) finger pads instead.

re - Osho: yeah, there was lots of insight in them guys, but that one clearly (haha - not intentional) didn't cut it.

slooky

very nice music! really enjoyed it! :)

ainsoph

ainsoph

Smash

Wow. that is a thing of beauty.

Have you ever seen the game Flower on PS4? there's no scoring system and no way to win - it simply exists as a something beautiful to interact with in your own way. Your music feel like this - well to me any way. Very emotive. Very visual. Just very.

Brak(E)man

- Lydia Lunch

ainsoph

Quote from: Smash on February 15, 2016, 12:52:03 AM
Wow. that is a thing of beauty.

Have you ever seen the game Flower on PS4? there's no scoring system and no way to win - it simply exists as a something beautiful to interact with in your own way. Your music feel like this - well to me any way. Very emotive. Very visual. Just very.

Happy you feel it emotive :) Thank you ! ... about the game - looks lovely .. with wonderful music :)

Quote from: Brak(E)man on February 15, 2016, 03:00:50 AM
Great !!

Thanks friend !!

Autana

Wonderful music, not just soundscapes, are brilliant scoring reflecting an impressive pure way to perceive and feel the universe and Mother Nature.  Makes love my music production tools even more, but also understand that without soul, only are chips, bytes and cute covers.
GR-55, GP-10, GI-20, Godin xtSA, GodinNylon MultiAc, Giannini classical, 3 GK-3'd gtrs, Cube 80XL, Primova GKFX-21 (x2)

Fear just pulls you out of being true to music, which is coming from a place of love. Love is the opposite of fear. I stay away from anything fear-related.
- Tal Wilkenfeld -