www.tonefinder.com

Started by A2theT, April 27, 2012, 05:44:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A2theT

Interesting website for those chasing tones.

About: www.tonefinder.com

ToneFinder is a free resource for the sharing of mp3's of users guitar tones.
After a simple signup users are able to select details of what equipment they used to make their guitar tone, and upload their mp3.

This service is provided as is, there are no guarantees.
Absolutely no income is generated from this site, the owner of the site pays for all hosting and bandwidth costs.

The music uploaded will remain the property of the original creator, the site owner will not on sell anything.

Importantly, by uploading you agree that anyone visiting the site can download the music you have uploaded, what users who download then do with that music is not the responsibility of the site owner.

More importantly, please have fun with the site, I hope it proves to be a valuable resource.
HEAVY on the METAL
Axe-Fx II, Roland VG-99 + FC-300, Roland GR-55, Digitech Jamman Stereo, Ibanez/ESP/Jackson Guitars

Elantric

Re ToneFinder.com - cool site.

I find it valuable to regularly check out Guitarfxdepot to see the gear used by major players.  http://www.guitarfxdepot.com/

whippinpost91850

Thanks A to the T, this sounds pretty interesting ;D

A2theT

Hey Elantric that a decent link.  I will add it to my arsenal.  I've got a few others I use:

This one is great for searching on artists and older gear or rigs they used in past tours.  The sit is in french but the link will outline what page the gear info can be found on if you do a "find" on the first page of the OP.

http://www.guitariste.com/forums/pedales-effets-homestudio,le-materiel-des-guitaristes-pro-s-sommaire-en-page-1,76579.html

Of course there's also www.guitargeek.com
HEAVY on the METAL
Axe-Fx II, Roland VG-99 + FC-300, Roland GR-55, Digitech Jamman Stereo, Ibanez/ESP/Jackson Guitars

papabuss

Hi A to the T
THX for posting this link- Seems to be an interesting additional site for all of us - I just signed in but I could not read everything in a minute. Where do I get concrete details about creating the sounds?
FENDER STRATOCASTER (1974); BRIAN MAY RED SPECIAL; VG 99; GR 55; Yamaha DX 7

Music was my first love and it will be my last (JOHN MILES)