VG-8EX - New user with a couple of questions

Started by willframecdnvg8, November 11, 2015, 04:55:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

willframecdnvg8

Hi and greetings from Canada. So......I'm now the proud owner of a VG8EX which is being fed by a Frameworks nylon string/RMC pickup with a  Polydrive 11 preamp guitar.I play mostly jazz/jazz blues style .  So far I'm loving the sonic landscape possibilities. 

I have been through the manual and the online resources and have learned a lot but still have a couple of questions and would appreciate anyone taking the time to answer.

Lets say I have found a rhythm/comping/chord playing patch that I like for a particular song but want a different patch for solo/lead  work in the same song with a single click to go back and forth between them. The only solution I can see is to have the two patches in a user bank as either X1/X2/X3 or X4 so the foot activated switches handle the change. Is there a better/other way to handle this?

I'm also have trouble sorting out how to get patches available online  loaded into my VG8EX - I have a Roland M512E memory card so would load them there . I believe I need a library Editor on my computer connected to a midi interface which then connects to the VG8EX - which Library Editor and which midi interface are people using today that works ??

cheers for any help you care to share

Will

Elantric

Brak(E)man

Quote from: willframecdnvg8 on November 11, 2015, 04:55:06 PM
Hi and greetings from Canada. So......I'm now the proud owner of a VG8EX which is being fed by a Frameworks nylon string/RMC pickup with a  Polydrive 11 preamp guitar.I play mostly jazz/jazz blues style .  So far I'm loving the sonic landscape possibilities. 

I have been through the manual and the online resources and have learned a lot but still have a couple of questions and would appreciate anyone taking the time to answer.

Lets say I have found a rhythm/comping/chord playing patch that I like for a particular song but want a different patch for solo/lead  work in the same song with a single click to go back and forth between them. The only solution I can see is to have the two patches in a user bank as either X1/X2/X3 or X4 so the foot activated switches handle the change. Is there a better/other way to handle this?

I'm also have trouble sorting out how to get patches available online  loaded into my VG8EX - I have a Roland M512E memory card so would load them there . I believe I need a library Editor on my computer connected to a midi interface which then connects to the VG8EX - which Library Editor and which midi interface are people using today that works ??

cheers for any help you care to share

Will

For changing patches your on the right track , it's the easiest solution and you can also use the Switch buttons on the guitar.

For saving and uploading patches I used Sysex Librarian for Mac I think there's an pc version as well
Works really well , and a Sysex dump and load from a daw such as Cubase etc etc, I've been using midisport Maudio

Good luck
swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch

willframecdnvg8

Many thanks for the info it is appreciated and helped a lot - cheers