Fender Triple Play or Godin Triple Play?

Started by GuitarBuilder, March 13, 2014, 09:14:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GuitarBuilder

I'm taking the plunge and getting one of them; however, it's not clear to me if either is distinctly better.  I have no way of trying either out in my immediate area, so I'm interested in the opinions of owners out there.  What are the pros and cons?  Thanks!
"There's no-one left alive, it must be a draw"  Peter Gabriel 1973

admin

The Fender will get better warranty service in the long haul IMHO. And it comes with a 16GB USB stick with all the TriplePlay Application installers and Fishman TriplePlay Documentation PDF files that  equates to saving about 5-8 hours of download time with typical low end DSL broadband internet connection.

TheGuitarPlayer

If you like Strats, buy the Fender.

If you like the Telecaster Thinline/Deluxe, buy the Godin.

Otherwise, install an FTP on your favourite guitar.

GuitarBuilder

Quote from: TheGuitarPlayer on March 14, 2014, 12:46:53 AM
If you like Strats, buy the Fender.

If you like the Telecaster Thinline/Deluxe, buy the Godin.

Otherwise, install an FTP on your favourite guitar.

So I have FTP installed on a Strat-style Carvin and it works fine.  I just don't like the vulnerability of the electronics on the front of the guitar.  That's why I'm looking for a more robust built-in solution.  I'm very familiar with Strats, but not that much with Godin Session Customs.  Hence the question.

GuitarBuilder

Update: I ended up with the Godin due to an irresistible discount on Amazon - $800!  It's an awesome guitar with great non-synth tone as well.