SampleTank "All Sounds Pack" good deal @ $39.99. for guitar synth?

Started by Chumly, February 20, 2016, 08:15:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

I know I purchased Sampletank once, but i have  it installed on my iPhone 6  and three iPads

The iPhone version has a different GUI to fit the smaller screen

jassy

Ok, now its clear, the different nomenclature, pages and GUI was confussing me.

Thanks admsustainiac and cplm.

Chumly

OK I'm buying the SampleTank "All Sounds Pack" today on sale for my Fishman Triple Play equipped Godin Session unless you guys talk me out of it for some as-of-yet unknown reason!
I think it's much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers which might be wrong. - Richard P. Feynman

jassy

Dammit, they are reluctant to make a good deal...  ::)

thanks for the warning

whippinpost91850

Quote from: admsustainiac on March 30, 2016, 10:19:42 AM
Wow - $8 savings!
My sentiments exactly.
Now that I have FTP I was interested, but I think I'll wait and see If they come up with a "REAL SALE"

PS: I just sent a little something to help with the expenses, Recommend others do too. This Forum is invaluable to me.

Chumly

Quote from: admsustainiac on March 30, 2016, 10:19:42 AMWow - $8 savings!
That's not an unreasonable position from an absolute standpoint but from a relative perspective I suggest it is a meaningful savings. Crunch the numbers as a percent and decide for yourself.
I think it's much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers which might be wrong. - Richard P. Feynman

HCarlH

Quote from: jassy on February 27, 2016, 06:25:24 PM
Thats the answer from IK:

I asked about how to share Sampletank between Iphone and Ipad ant they answered that:

These can be shared via iCloud. Just make sure to log into iCloud on both of your devices (With the same account). Open each app on your devices and use the Menu -> Store's Restore My In-app Purchases option. This should help get you started. If this does not help, let us know.

This worked for me!  I just purchased the All Sounds Pack tonight and it sounds good.

I have an iPad 2 and had given up on it (too slow with IOS 9x and unable to downgrade due to Apple's policies). This was a shame as I had a Behringer iStudio is202 which was, until now, being used with my iPhone 6 and an adapter cable.

I followed instructions from a couple of the posts here:
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7234359?start=15&tstart=0

...and although the iPad 2 is not speedy, it's now very usable.  I completely erased and reset the machine now only keeping music apps on it. I keep no more than 2 apps open at a time and it works as well as it ever did. I'm also on the most current IOS (9.3.1 as of today).

The great thing about the All Sounds pack being available on both my iPad and iPhone is that I can take both to the gig and the phone will be a backup.
GR-55 (or) Fishman TP + Kemper Profiling Rack -->> 
QSC K10 -->> FOH
Fender Squier Stratocaster Bullet (w/GK3), Ibanez AM93 (w/FTP pickup),  Stratocaster (w/FTP pickup)

Telecaster, Charvel SoCal ProMod, Gibson Les Paul, PV Wolfgang,

jassy

Well, today is the day, 50% Sampletank and in app purchases!!

Chumly

jassy

I'm a little surprised about the  "All Sounds Pack". I have the feel that after downloading the full Sampletank version, I purchased the "All Sounds Pack", but It did not download additional content, at least that I have noticed (there was not a visible download process), and the sounds where available immediately.
In many cases the sounds of this pack seems to be simple editing of the sounds from the full version, which if its the case I find it a little questionable that it had such a somewhat high price.
Now I'm wondering if buying Sonik Synth, its 9,90 not sure if its the regular price or if its at 50% sale.

Chumly

I also find their pricing structure confusing, and that concern has been echoed by others here as well.  I do not have a simple answer to this concern except to suggest the notion of caveat emptor has merit and the worst case scenario is the loss of some pocket change.

romero

I have noticed that in the sample tank free version there is the all instrument upgrade for $40 is this the same upgrade that you get when ordering for the Sample tank paid version? If so What else is included in the $20 upgrade from free to paid version of sample tank. Any insights would appreciated