IOS9 Status

Started by Elantric, September 17, 2015, 06:46:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Headless68

Three more to add to the 'working' list @ iOS 9.2.1

The following all work without any clicks or pops at ios 9.2.1 .....
Midi Guitar 2
Jamup Pro
Sunrizer
Sampletank
iM1
Z3TA+     (Note - some patches will crackle - this was the same at iOS 8x though)
Xenon
CrystalSynthXT
Kaossilator
Garageband
Flux FX

Added:
Photophore    (Synth)
Korg Gadget
Yonac Tonestack

Headless68

Added as ok :
Korg gadget v2
Nano studio
Noise    (Note chord work OK in this but lead / pull offs etc go crazy - with MG2 )

jassy

Thanks for your info.
Have you tried to use some combination of apps, i. e. Midi guitar + synth + guitar multieffects?

Headless68

Yes I have been experimenting with multiple apps running

Using audiobus I can happily have bias fx + tone stack + sample tank Inc reverb being triggered by MG2
If I add flux fx to this lot that pushes it over the edge and it starts to break up

The start sequence matters
1 audiobus
2 MG2
3. Guitar processors (bias / tone stack etc )
4. Synths
This seems to work best
Sometimes you get a buzz after starting and app & you just shut the output off and on again in audiobus and that stops it

I'm really happy with the playability and sounds - MG2 into sample tank for pianos are my favourite over any other guitar to midi system & bias FX is really winning me over the more I get into editing it (the default sounds and a lot of the tone cloud patches are poor in my opinion )

Elantric

Elantric

iOS 9.3 Beta 4 Pushed Out With 5 New Changes. What's New Features Review + Speed Test, Faster? + Release Date Estimate.

Headless68

The following all work without any clicks or pops at ios 9.2.1 .....
Midi Guitar 2
Jamup Pro
Sunrizer
Sampletank
iM1
Z3TA+     (Note - some patches will crackle - this was the same at iOS 8x though)
Xenon
CrystalSynthXT
Kaossilator
Garageband
Flux FX
Photophore    (Synth)
Korg Gadget (V2)
Yonac Tonestack (V2)
Nano studio
Noise    (Note chord work OK in this but lead / pull offs etc go crazy - with MG2 )

Added:
Thor  (Synth)

UPDATE ON BIAS FX – since the latest update a couple of weeks ago from Positive Grid, initially it seemed the same to me however after playing for a few more hours I noted that the pops / clicks are not consistent, i.e. sometimes I have totally clear audio and other times with the same patch I get the clicks. Before I was dropping all other apps & turning wifi off or going to airplane mode & still getting the clicks however – if I power the ipad off completely then back on, start Bias FX and go the the same patch – clean audio.  It seems like something is either staying resident in the operating system or something else is triggering the issue which then remains until reboot.
In my opinion it's worth the effort as Bias FX is better overall than the other Amp/FX programs – ToneStack is good (and actually better than Bias FX at some things like the polypitch shift which has notably less latency and less glitch) but overall the sound of Bias just seems to sparkle in comparison and gives me a 'wider' sound.

Headless68

...added to working list

AMPKIT  -
(Note: I have had this on iphone and not really used it much (free version) I loaded it on ipad to test it and got a new offer message to unlock everything in AmpKit for $19.99 / £14.99, usually this message says £39.99 - not sure if thats a deal at the moment or if it comes up after you dont go for the £39.99 option 'x' times :-)   Anyway worth noting that the app is actually really good, nice clean audio, good amps (nice and warm sounding) and stereo imaging is good  - if you are heavily using ipad its worth having Bias FX / Tone Stack & AmpKit as they can all do things slightly differently to each other & with a recent ios device you can run them at the same time to create some really nice layers

Headless68

IOS 9.3 update
I wanted to see if the clicks are gone - so I tried it - 1 hour in - NO CLICKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MG2 + AUM running Bias FX / SampleTank / Tone Stack / Amp Kit / DM1 - all in realtime - NO CLICKS - CPU 40 to 42% ( Ipad air2 )

Im sooooooo happy right now :-)

Headless

GovernorSilver

Maybe we should start an "IOS 9.3 - Shit is working again" thread.

Headless68

:-)
I wont be first in line for future updates - that's for sure 

Elantric

Elantric

http://appadvice.com/post/apple-is-violating-its-own-rules-for-the-removal-of-native-ios-apps/710352

Okay, so basically, Apple has to determine which apps get linked together from others, and code in a way to deal with what might happen if a required app has been deleted. Since Cupertino has been working on new and more exciting features, that capability has probably taken the back burner. Now, as we come up to the days of iOS 10, there's the indication that Apple might be finally bringing the possibility of removing preinstalled apps to fruition. Let's hope so, anyways.

whippinpost91850

Headless68

Is 9.3.2 a safe update ?

Elantric

At this hour, Ive only done that IOS 9.3.2 update on my iPhone 6 plus, (got tired of the constant 'update your IOS"  nag pop ups)

Still using IOS 9.3.1  for my iPad music content creation rigs - awaiting more user feedback

but take heed:
https://www.gottabemobile.com/2016/05/23/ios-9-3-problems-5-things-you-need-to-know/

and as always - if you still use an iPad 2 or iPad Mini (1st generation) - stay away from IOS 8 or 9 or anything newer.

Chumly

I have not noticed any problems at all with my iPad Air 2 128 and iOS 9.3.2.

I've purchased a ton of music apps (more than I'm ever likely to need in fact) in all sorts of genres such as: generative, guitar amp modeling, DAW, multi-effects, mastering, synthesis, sample playback, educational, groove-box, alternate-controller, etc.

I do not use my iPad for anything except music apps, so I cannot comment outside of that nor have I used it much via its internal battery, as I've purchased the Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter.

I did notice that once loaded and with no iPad connected, iTunes tended to slow down and/or disconnect Wi-Fi on one of my Windows 10 laptops, but runs perfectly on another of my Windows 10 laptops. I did not bother figuring out why as I'm only using iTunes for iPad backup and file transfers and I am singularly underwhelmed with iTunes' usability in any case.
I think it's much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers which might be wrong. - Richard P. Feynman

Elantric

Quoteand I am singularly underwhelmed with iTunes' usability in any case.

A shared complaint

whippinpost91850

Elantric

I hate IOS 9.3.2

It really messed up Safari browser  , which now forgets all my passwords , and deleted all my history and is the most buggy web browsing experience I ever had on an IOS Device

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2016/05/16/how-to-downgrade-ios-9-3-2-to-ios-9-3-1/

whippinpost91850

I haven't had any issues with 9.3.2 on Safari on my 6plus. Weird that you are ???

concordal

QuoteIt really messed up Safari browser

Safari has been sl-o-o-w for a few releases now.  I switched to Firefox and find it much better.  And whatever you don't like in Firefox can usually be addressed with one the 1000's of free add-ons.

Elantric

I reported last week that IOS 9.3.2 was giving me grief on my 2014 iPhone 6 Plus.

I decided to Reset the iPhone and purge its memory of older IOS apps I rarely use, and now my iPhone is working really well
(Battery life is Much better now and the whole phone runs faster now and than it was before when I had 8 pages of apps installed   

I still have an issue with syncing via iTunes on my 2011 iMac 27" running OSX Mavericks. (I Hate iTunes)

I have a Macbook Pro 17" with OSX Yosemite and hope I have better luck there.   

Headless68

I'm running 9.3.2 on iPad Air 2. No issues to report so far regards music related apps