Positive Grid BT4 Bluetooth Pedal Control for Bias / JamUp Pro

Started by Elantric, January 07, 2014, 12:08:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iamdave

I have a blue board. But I have use amplitube eh? Bought most all the amps in bias and fx in the fx as well as jamup. Would hate to go that route with amplitube.

Odd that positive grid has a expression pedal jack with nothing that it really works with. Go figure. I wish they'd make these things easier to gig with. Sure beats toting a amp around.

I go out with a keyboard, mic and guitar with my ipad. Run it all into the mixer to the FOH and then I mix off a qsc k8 wedged at me. Light and easy setup. Love to get in and out with just a few trips.

Positive grid told me the boss expression pedal would work. Go figure, I'll try it again tonight but I had tried every possible connection and couldn't get anything working on it with bias fx.

Elantric

QuoteI have a blue board. But I have use amplitube eh?

IK BlueBoard will work with any IOS app that supports MIDI patch change and MIDI CC# control

But I held off on positive Grid BT-4 - based upon my direct experience with all the other half baked Positve Grid products. Summed up as "so close to ideal (due to sound), yet so far to go (due to lack of fully functional MIDI Control)

I figure it will be late spring 2016 before Positive Grid gets BT-4 working beyond ability to select your 1st 4 favorite BIAS FX  / Jamup pro presets on IOS.

But Dont hold your breath waiting for MIDI control on BIAS FX Desktop  - they are too busy implementing BIAS for video games (RockBand4)

jazzkid74

I can add that my BT-4 works just fine. I am using it with the Roland EV-5 pedal.
Downloaded the BT pedal editor app and calibrated my expression pedal there and configured my BT-4 buttons to control BiaS FX. So far it has not given me any trouble and worked right out of the box. Seems like it's a rugged build too.

Elantric

If you assign the EV-5 as a MIDi CC# expression controller with BT-4 - how sluggish is the response time ?

the IK Blueboard suffers some delay that makes it darn near useless to use as a wah wah pedal  - which I attribute to the latency of the bluetooth wireless connection

jazzkid74

The response is not very sluggish. There is a slight lag, but it is quite usable. The biggest problem is the wah wah pedal in BiasFx not giving a smooth response, the volume pedal is smoother. (The problem with the wah could be my EV-5 of course).

GuitarBuilder

Quote from: jazzkid74 on December 06, 2015, 12:03:24 PM
I can add that my BT-4 works just fine. I am using it with the Roland EV-5 pedal.
Downloaded the BT pedal editor app and calibrated my expression pedal there and configured my BT-4 buttons to control BiaS FX. So far it has not given me any trouble and worked right out of the box. Seems like it's a rugged build too.

What iOS version are you using?  I can't seem to get my BT-4 to work right with v9.1.
"There's no-one left alive, it must be a draw"  Peter Gabriel 1973

jazzkid74

iamdave

I just bought a boss ev5. Hooked it up to bias fx and the positive grid bt4 and it worked like a champ. No lag at all. Made a quick video.

Elantric

Thank for posting the video of EV-5 with BT-4

Actually in your video I  see identical expression pedal delayed reaction latency as the Ik Blueboard suffers using an EV-5 - the result of a wireless Bluetooth connection

no slower, but also no faster than Ik Blueboard's expression pedal reaction

iamdave

You know I see the delay on the screen compared to my foot but when playing I don't "feel" any latency whatsoever especially the odd out of sync that is seen on the screen.

iamdave

Quote from: iamdave on January 12, 2016, 07:26:39 AM
You know I see the delay on the screen compared to my foot but when playing I don't "feel" any latency whatsoever especially the odd out of sync that is seen on the screen.

I e-mailed them and they say it's just in the screen not the actual audio. Just the actual image of the pedal going up and down is not in sync. I really wasn't noticing or feeling any latency while playing.