FTP - Now to control patches in Trillian and Onnsiphere 2 playing live

Started by BobbyD, October 29, 2015, 10:19:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BobbyD

Hello Friends.....I know that Fishman announced a new controller that will be out soon for or switching patches using FTP.  But with only 3 switches and a precarious receiver dongle located in a bad position, I just can't get excited about this new decvice.  I remember back in the day I had a Mesa Boogie Triaxis head which was MIDI controlled and used a rocktron 16 button MIDI  patch board to switch MIDI settings. I had everything dialed in. That may be a little over kill now and  I would love to use the new Fishman floor device but I must be missing something because  it seems with only 2 or 3 buttons, it will take too long to find all the patches you plan on using when playing FTP in a live setting.     It seems that there would be easier and better controllers on the market that would save so much time allowing us to bring up different patches much quicker. Maybe I have been out of MIDI too long and that new devise form Fishman  is the bomb.  I am new to using FTP live so wondering what you gigging guys are doing.  What are my other choices if there are any.

A big thank you to everyone for helping me out  because this has been driving me Bonkers and I have to think Fishman realizes the need for such a device is growing everyday.

God Bless, Stay Healthy, Make Music!

BobbyD

Madagascar

Hi

I use one of these:

https://www.music-group.com/Categories/Behringer/Accessories/Footswitches-and-Remote-Controls/FCB1010/p/P0089

I went for this cos it has two pedals and thus I can assign one to volume and one to (say) leslie speed on hammond patches.
It does involve a bit of fiddling to get all the controllers set up as you want them but there is a freeware graphic editor available that facilitates the task.

Being programmable means that you can assign whatever patch you want on your synth to any footswitch.
With some more fiddling you can assign a switch for hold etc.
I believe there is an upgraded chip available but have not installed it as yet.
The pedal board is quite large and build quality is so so....but unless you are doing world tours it should be ok.

Hope that helps a wee bit...

melodymann

I use Apple's mainstage  as a host . From there Omnisphere and any other Plug-ins in my library are available and saved as patches. The patches can be rearranged on the fly and you can step through them with virtually any controller. Patch change is seamless and immediate, and I'm not stuck with one plug-in.

Hope you work it out