FTP-Hardware Synth Plugin question

Started by Will Robinson, May 24, 2015, 08:00:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will Robinson

I figured out how to get a single hardware plugin set up but I don't see how to assign a different hardware synth to a different 'track' in Triple Play. I can choose hardware synth but the only place I found to select the particular synth is in the Preferences menu. I have the first instance of hardware synth set to my Korg Krome and I'd like to choose the Alessis ioDock to use the iPad for another option....

Can there be more than one physical hardware synth available to the TriplePlay app to utilize at the same time?

Elantric

Will Robinson

Thanks, I've read through it a couple times but not seeing the answer. I hope it isn't me being stupid.

In a single TriplePlay patch I'm trying to have two different hardware synths...two physically different pieces of hardware...each appearing on their own synth track in the TriplePlay app.
For example Synth 1 and Synth 2 used for soft synth's like SampleTank and Reaktor, and have Synth 3 and Synth 4 playing my Korg Krome workstation and an iPad.

So far I can have either the Korg Krome or the iPad but not both at the same time...

shawnb

How do you plan on having the two hardware synths hooked up?   How do you plan on getting MIDI to both?   

Sounds like you're using a laptop & have the FTP app running, correct?   

Do you need different FTP settings for the different synths, e.g., MONO for one & POLY for the other?  Or different sensitivity settings?

Knowing these things will help us help...

The different 'channels' on the FTP app correspond to the color coding used when defining splits.   This may be helpful if you need to use different channels, e.g., 1-6 for one voice & 11-16 for another, or if you need different settings (sensitivity, etc.) for the two voices.  If they are both going to use the same MIDI channels & settings, you may not need to define a 2nd hardware synth.  You'll just need to find a way to route the MIDI to both synths. 

Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Will Robinson

Thanks
I think I discovered the source of my confusion. My Korg keyboard has a driver installed in my Mac that includes a VST so I was seeing it as a choice for the midi device in TriplePlay app along with my USB midi interface. The USB interface works with the iPad since it is in the Alessis ioDock so that's the way I should go and just rely on a midi connection from ioDock thru to Korg instead of having Korg with its own USB midi connection