Review: El-Cheapo Behringer Rotary Machine RM-600

Started by Rhcole, October 04, 2014, 04:22:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhcole

The Behringer Rotary Machine is a sort-of clone of a discontinued Line 6 rotary speaker pedal. The Rotary Machine produces rotating speaker sounds with the typical controls you'd expect and a selection for three different Leslie models. It typically sells for about $50 brand new. It has stereo ins and outs, surprising for such a low price.

I found a NOS one on Reverb for $30 including shipping. Prior to that I was considering the Leslie pedal for 10X the amount. $30? Why not.

The net- It's got a plastic case that probably wouldn't hold up well for serious road warriors, but hey, it's actually pretty good! A few quibbles such as an overly-bright LED, having to hold the pedal down to switch between fast/slow which can also switch the effect out if you're not careful, a small drop in input volume when the unit is on.

But it really sounds pretty darn good. My Leslie sounds have been covered up to this point by a Line 6 M5 multi-effect (terrible Leslie effect! Ugh!) and a DigiTech EX-7 (fair if a bit digital and thin sounding). This is WAY BETTER than either of those.

Did I mention it was only $30?