GR-55 - YYZ

Started by Quizzus, January 05, 2014, 08:07:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quizzus

Got isolated drum track and recorded this using GR-55 and Sonar X1. What do you think, guys?

https://soundcloud.com/aleks-v/yyz

lespauled

Maybe it's me, but I don't see any attachments or video.

Quizzus

Sorry, added link.

Gaustu

This is done very good, really, the sound is cool. Though maybe it needs something more "wet" as assitional processing - reverb, delay. But this is my subjective.

Btw, I think that it would be much more difficult to achieve those tones of Red Barchetta solo and Limelight solo. They seem much more tricky made then is YYZ.

Thank you for posting it
Parker PDF85 modified: Sustainiac, SD TB-4, Piezo Hexpander 13 pin out.
GR-55 mod with 13 din thru, 6 analog outputs D-Sub => Presonus FS Mobile  8 analog inputs.
NI Reactor matchHEX Guitar Framer Ensemble custom.

Quizzus

Thank you for comment, Gaustu.

There is quite a lot of delay and reverberation, actually. I am always cautious and kinda conservative when adding time-based fx since I have a tendency to overdo it every time :). May be I will try to do Red Barcehtta as well, love this song.

Gaustu

Yes!
would be so great to hear!

btw, here is my very old version of red barchetta (very bad version)

No real bass here, bad drum samples, bad vocal and a lot more :-\

P>S
sometimes it seems for us that we add much delays and reverbs (as we look at knob's turns about it) but if to listen by a fresh ear we may notice there is almost nothing.
sometimes we feel we add a moderate portion of reverb or delay but for others opinions - they hear too lot of it  in the mix. We know this.
Parker PDF85 modified: Sustainiac, SD TB-4, Piezo Hexpander 13 pin out.
GR-55 mod with 13 din thru, 6 analog outputs D-Sub => Presonus FS Mobile  8 analog inputs.
NI Reactor matchHEX Guitar Framer Ensemble custom.

Machh_2

Quote from: Quizzus on January 05, 2014, 08:07:29 AM
Got isolated drum track and recorded this using GR-55 and Sonar X1. What do you think, guys?

https://soundcloud.com/aleks-v/yyz

A M A Z I N G !!
Bravo !
very good !
congratz...

Quizzus

Elantric

Bummer no GR-55 patch was included