GR-55 - 2 amps...

Started by Jim Williams, April 13, 2012, 05:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Williams

Here is a little demo patch of the GR-55 with 2 amps at the same time. Much like the VG-99 I have set a channel A and channel B. Channel A being the amp/mod channel B is the MFX(guitar amp sim). My normal pickups are routed to the amp/mod and the COSM guitar to the MFX. They are paned hard left and right ad I have used the delay on the MFX side to give the illusion of 2 guitarists. I hope you enjoy and are inspired to create.

Everything from modeling to the real deal, my house looks like a music store.

tekrytor

Thanks Jim. That's a nice classic rock patch!
SY-300/BeatBuddy/VoiceLive 3/GR-55(v1.50)/33/1/50/700/VGA-7/V-Bass, Yam-G10, GPK-4, DIY X-Bee HighlyLiquidCPU "Cozy-Lil-Footie", FCB-1010, other MIDI stuff, Godin Freeway SA and various other GK equipped controllers, Sonar X1, Audacity, KXstudio, Misc devices

mockchoi

Sounds really good.  I haven't played with the MFX guitar amp sims yet.  Is that your LP with the Graphtech? 

I sure do wish I could get my mag guitar pickups into my GR-55.

Jim Williams

Yes it is...my dream guitar. ;D

mockchoi

Quote from: Jim Williams on April 14, 2012, 07:54:37 AM
Yes it is...my dream guitar. ;D

Are you happy with the modeled guitars/synths through the piezos?  It seems like a lot of people have complained about it.  Otherwise I'd love an Axcess modified with the hexpander.

Jim Williams

The only trouble I have is a percussive sound when palm muting hi-gain guitar sounds. I am considering installing a OPI-01 to see if this will help. I don't need to optimize my tracking because if you have read some of my other posts on this, you would have read my PDF document on tracking and found that I have this issue solved. So the only issues that I need to solve is the palm muting and the use of the GR-300 COSM model.

DreamTheory

we all hate latency... yet here adding in delay is just the thing - nice!
electric: Epiphone Dot semihollow body, acoustic: mahogany jumbo, recording: Cubase Artist 11 or Tascam DP008