Yamaha Corp Buys Line 6

Started by bbob, December 20, 2013, 11:13:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbob

I am reading on the web that Yamaha Corp has entered into an agreement to buy Line 6

http://www.premierguitar.com/blogs/5-daily-news/post/20096-yamaha-acquires-line-6

Bob

gumtown

Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Magiamusical

Wonder whats going to be the future of the Variax line with Yamaha.
Godin LGXT, Les Paul Studio w/GK3, JTV89F w/GK3, GR-55

DeRigueur

I suppose this will have an effect on how Roland perceives its competition.
Fender GC-1 -- Boss SY-1000 -- Alto TS112A

Elantric

I can only go by past experience -

http://repforums.prosoundweb.com/index.php?topic=4955.0

In 2004 Yamaha purchased Steinberg - and today most of the original Nuendo / Cubase development team now develops Presonus StudioOne
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PreSonus_Studio_One

I anticipate elimination of of few jobs - particularly IF Yamaha announces in 2014 that  Line-6 operations will move from Calabasas (Headquarters), to Yamaha' s Buena Park, CA headquarters in 2014. 

Wonder if Henry J at Gibson made a bid ?
But hey -it could be worse - at least Newmark is not the new owner of Line-6.

Elantric

I figure by 2015 we might see Variax 3.0 Pacifica guitars

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical-instruments/guitars-basses/el-guitars/pacifica/?mode=series#tab=product_lineup

Variax Standard shares many components with a budget "Yamaha Pacifica" guitar, which makes sense since Yamaha is building the new Variax Standard

I can only go by past experience -

In 1988 Yamaha purchases Sequential Circuits  - and more or less let it die  ( Less Competition )
http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/mar99/articles/retroprophet.htm

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=67988

QuoteUgh. I'm still mad at Yamaha for buying out Sequential Circuits and then ignoring it. My poor Prophet 600's didn't deserve orphanhood.
[/i]

Elantric

One thing is clear - I'm downloading all docs firmware apps for all my Line6 gear this weekend!

Just in case ;)

http://line6.com/software/index.html

http://line6.com/support/manuals/

Elantric

QuoteI suppose this will have an effect on how Roland perceives its competition.

If Roland has no VG-99 replacement at 2014 NAMM, and delays release of a replacement

The timing might be right for Antares to fill the resulting void in the 13 pin world 
http://www.autotuneforguitar.com/technology/guitar-and-pickup-modeling.php

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=7286.0

vanceg

I totally agree.. And frankly I wouldn't mind if someone else nudged into the hex/13 pin market.   

I surely don't want the world to loose that nice Line6 tech - I just hope Yamaha EXPANDS is....and that Roland takes this as time to step up it's game again. 

Quote from: Elantric on December 20, 2013, 02:37:27 PM
If Roland has no VG-99 replacement at 2014 NAMM, and delays release of a replacement

The timing might be right for Antares to fill the resulting void in the 13 pin world 
http://www.autotuneforguitar.com/technology/guitar-and-pickup-modeling.php

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=7286.0

Toby Krebs

I have been so very close to pulling the trigger on an HD500(x or no x). Glad I waited. I will definitely use  what I have for now (2 GR55s/Line 6 HD300/M13/Boss GT-10/Me-25 and wait and see what happens. Thanks for the heads up. My gut kept telling me to wait.Now I know why LOL!

justin

So now that yamaha bought line 6 do you think variax technology will be whored out and yamaha will make variax installation kits?

Elantric

Tough to determine, but I do expect a consolidation of both company's USA pro audio / music departments in the next 18 months.
Such mergers are not always ideal, shortsighted folks tend to forget Yamaha purchased Sequential Circuits from Dave Smith in 1988 and essentially killed their main competitor to the Yamaha DX7 synth (Prophet T8)
http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/mar99/articles/retroprophet.htm

While its true our forum discusses the merits of DSP Modeled guitar processing, the ROI (Return on investment) for most of Line6's efforts have been flat. While my modified JTV-59 has become my main #1 axe, i do not see lots of Tyler Variax's being used out in the wild, and when they released the 2008 Spider Tube followed by the DT50/DT25 Tube amps in 2009 after the Vetta All DSP Amp hype of 2004 , it basically admitted to the general public that their earlier press releases for full DSP Modelling of every component in the Guitarists signal flow had holes.     

Also the principal Line6 staff / management is already pushing retirement age, so by 2016 its my opinion they are seeking to retire.

Sorry I'm not bright and cheery on this outcome.

FWIW - read and post new replies at the prior thread we have on this topic here:
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=10128.0

justin

I hope yamaha pushes the 13 pin market so roland will have to step up its game

Toby Krebs

I would think Yamaha would do something 13 pin guitar wise as they have before. I have a close friend art the NAMM show this week. He will report back to me when we have lunch next week.

Deus02

Quote from: Toby Krebs on January 23, 2014, 08:27:59 AM
I would think Yamaha would do something 13 pin guitar wise as they have before. I have a close friend art the NAMM show this week. He will report back to me when we have lunch next week.

On the surface, I would think a pretty formidable combination.  One can't forget that Yamaha is the largest musical instrument manufacturer in the world.  I have owned several pieces of Yamaha A/V and pro equipment over the years and loved them and what could give them a significant advantage over everyone else in particular is their pre-eminence in DSP and their specialty chips perhaps somehow being able to integrate that technology in to future Line 6 products.  It should be interesting how it all unfolds.

Elantric

Its safe to assume it will be 18 months before the public sees any new joint Yamaha / Line-6 product release. So I do not expect anything to be revealed until 2015 Summer NAMM in Nashville.

mbenigni

Interesting timing to see Line 6 announce this, though:  http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pages/line-6-amplifi?src=3TP4AOA

And I actually think it looks pretty interesting.

Elantric

Google Translation from iCon.jp Magazine interview
https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Ficon.jp%2Farchives%2F7388
PART 1

Line-6 co-founder Marcus Lyle Interview: new product of the topic that the "invention" re guitar amp as "AMPLIFi", I talk about a wholly owned subsidiary of Line 6 by Yamaha

Presented at the NAMM Show in January, new product sales of the topic has been started in Japan not long ago, "AMPLIFi (Amplify)". This product claiming to "re-invention of the guitar amp", was developed for people who enjoy the guitar playing at home, Line 6 is the guitar amp a whole new style.

As a guitar amp, can by modeling technology of POD direct line, to reproduce any and all guitar tone is "AMPLIFi", but not only that, computer smartphone / tablet or (Mac / Windows) of (iOS / Android) music, can be played wirelessly by Bluetooth connection. Of course, since it is not possible to play a full range of music in Guitar speakers usual, by mounting the stereo speakers 2-way on both sides of the Guitar speakers, an organic speakers a total of five in "AMPLIFi" (In other words, it is to be a product for audio stereo speakers and guitar amp is united) by the full utilization basis, it's going to specification that can play music at the same time full range of the guitar sound.
Features of "AMPLIFi" this is not the only. This is to make it possible by an innovative feature called "tone matching", to reproduce a realistic guitar tones of all music. For example, if you want to play the The Eagles the "Hotel California", just to play the track of "Hotel California" using the iOS app dedicated, preparation complete guitar tone to it matched is read from the cloud. The "AMPLIFi", for a total of 7,000 guitar tone is not only provided with the product at launch, it is possible to up the cloud guitar tone of the original user-created, and the "Hotel California" As well as classic, and support for various music, including the Japanese artists have been made.

Design, such as those in modern VOX AC30, and even if I put it in the living room or home with no sense of incongruity "AMPLIFi". And that can also be used as an amplifier when it is used as the audio speakers for listening by connecting to the AUX input or via Bluetooth or tablet computer, I wanted to play the guitar is usually, and type of product was not likely to ever would be to say.
Therefore, in ICON, with Ojama to Line 6 headquarters in the city of Calabasas, California, CSO is a co-founder of the company: Marcus Lyle, which is also (Note Chief Strategy Officer / Chief Strategy Officer) to (Marcus Ryle) Mr. dared the interview. Marcus's, I think you know that there is many, but started his career in that Oberheim, we have developed a POD with Line 6 ADAT, and SampleCell, with Digidesign at Alesis then, it is one of the legend of this industry. In this interview, of course, and one review of a wholly owned subsidiary of Line 6 by Yamaha surprised the world, "Oberheim Matrix-24" of the illusion is "product invention" in the latest of Mr. For "AMPLIFi" For such, we were able to ask a lot of interesting story. Please read by all means.

-- Mr. Marcus is also famous in Japan as one of the co-founders of the Line 6, but do you have tired in any position now?
Recently, CSO the MR: I is in a position of (Note Chief Strategy Officer / Chief Strategy Officer). The CSO is called, it is responsible for determining the vision and strategy of the company. Including product roadmap, does not mean that thought alone I respect the vision and strategy, but I's oversees the intention of Line 6 It is certain. It is the reason that our mission speaking clearly, is going to solve the problem that musicians are having, but we do we should resolve which in the problem a lot, resolve in any order It is my job to consider from that should go and to decide upon.
--- Bluetooth speaker and guitar amp is fused, new products were presented at the NAMM Show "AMPLIFi" is, it is a product of the type never before. This product, or would have been born from any idea.
I love everybody, MR guitarist is Jamuru of. When you start Jamuri once, it will continue to play endlessly to forget their time (laughs). However, to have around fellow is always jam, guitarist to have a band can play studio Nantes say does not have only a handful of the world Japan. In other words, though it is a favorite guitarist of the world is Jamuru of, it is that not jam to one's heart's content in practice. It 'I thought we realized that this, and want to eliminate somehow the stress of their (laughs). And I thought the favorite time, guitarist seeks to provide a tool is jam as much as you like. This is It is a starting point of "AMPLIFi" development.
Line 6 - Marcus Ryle Interview
Be like a recital at the NAMM Show in January of "AMPLIFi". There is also the catch copy exciting of "" re-invention "of the guitar amp", many media have flocked from all over the world
Arranged in a row and the venue of the presentation "AMPLIFi". 2 product output to the size of the speaker is different from the "AMPLIFi 150" and "AMPLIFi 75" is lineup
As a result of looking down from above "AMPLIFi 75". Be used in conjunction with (such as iPhone and iPad) iOS device "But AMPLIFi", base / mid / high and drive, and volume can be manipulated knob as well as guitar amp usually basically. The dent in the back of the knob, which is designed to be able to put it up against the tablet, such as iPad
In recital, where the attention function "tone matching" of "AMPLIFi" have been introduced. Guitar tone of classic demonstration is actually, it seemed to media gathered also surprised the first time the close resemblance of the sound
--- Can you briefly tell us the characteristics of "AMPLIFi".
MR is "AMPLIFi", and at the same time is a guitar amp powerful equipped with a DSP, that also functions as an audio speaker of Bluetooth connection is a great feature. That is, not only enjoy connects the guitar, I can also be connected via Bluetooth or iPad computer to play music. Of course, I can also be in flowing orchestra, to play the guitar sound on it (laughs).
Feature called "tone matching" and is also a great feature of "AMPLIFi". In "AMPLIFi", it is possible to use an iOS device via the guitar tone of a huge number that is provided to the cloud, it is now possible to reproduce instantly the sound of a well-known music. For example, if you want to play the "Highway Star", and should I call the guitar tone from the cloud. You do not have to create the hard way the guitar sound of Ritchie Blackmore. Of course, if the guitar tones are available in the cloud of "Highway Star" did not like, but I do not have to be created by yourself (laughs). The "AMPLIFi", dedicated application called "AMPLIFi Remote" has been prepared and will be able to freely edit the guitar tone from your iPhone or iPad. And if was a good guitar tone, please come up to the cloud. That way, by the rating people to (evaluate) it guitar tone that you created, and also made available to people all over the world, the level of guitar tone that is up to the cloud is going up steadily It is a mechanism that. "AMPLIFi" is a really interesting product.
Screen of the iPad guitar tones of The Eagles "Life in the Fast Lane" is loaded
--- If you say guitar amp Line 6 so far, it was the image that professional use stage or in the studio, but "AMPLIFi" I'm a product that is targeted at home use.
Well MR. Professional guitarist use on stage, it is a product of the type different from the boutique amp, such as the DT series. However, just because a professional guitarist does not mean that excluded. Even a professional guitarist, you'll be Plucking the guitar in the living room of the home. Like when ...... you can make a song, and you can think of riff. Producers that use Pro Tools in the studio, to use the GarageBand to sketch for at home. On the back stage after, I think you also play the guitar for warm-up. "AMPLIFi" is the perfect product to such use. Of course, I think because there is a considerable power The larger "AMPLIFi 150", and to play an active part in the stage as the main amplifier. We are proud to be has finished in the product of quality that you can use to convince professionals who noisy in tone.
The fusion of audio for stereo speakers and guitar speakers

--- The juggle a function as a guitar amp, the function of the audio speaker and I think in difficult?
You're right MR. First of all, it's a guitar amp is not suitable at all to play the music of the full range. So result, it has been developed over a long time, we I arrived in speaker design that is sandwiched by two 2-way speaker of the mid / high, the loud speaker for guitar. By speaker design that this makes sense, of course, I became a product that also functions as a high-performance audio speakers that can be played on full range music as a guitar amp powerful "AMPLIFi". Points are connected by Bluetooth or tablet computer, you can play music wirelessly is a great feature of "AMPLIFi," but, Bluetooth capable speakers of many on the market these days, but is excellent in properties audio basis, and yet I do not see most when I say something high output. So, we gave a development as well as a guitar amp, a full-range speaker portion is also over time considerably. I think as a result, and finished product which I can recommend it with confidence as audio speakers.
However, two-way speakers of both sides are not just for playing music. Many of the guitarist to create your sound using well the effect to or to avoid confusion with the guitar amp in the main, a full-range amplifier for effect. Lead guitar which worked of the distortion but it is proper use of full-range amplifier in the case of clean sound of the main amplifier, stereo chorus is applied. 5 of speaker design "AMPLIFi" corresponds with a single to proper use of such amplifiers. For example, I am capable to output only the distortion sound dry from the loudspeakers of the center, and that output in stereo only effect sound of reverb and delay from the two-way speakers of both sides.
Speaker design of a revolutionary "AMPLIFi". I arrange the (speaker of custom-made, which was developed in collaboration with Celestion) Guitar loudspeakers of 12 inches in the center, it is the unique design sandwiched between stereo speakers 2-way its both sides. Guitar sound that is dry is played from loudspeakers in the center, such as music from a computer or iOS device playback from the stereo left and right speakers. In addition, stereo left and right speakers is also used for output (such as reverb and chorus) and the effect sound of the guitar, loudspeakers in the center also serves as a sub-woofer for music playback. It is a speaker design which makes sense sore
iOS device app "AMPLIFi Remote" (screen thing of iPad). It can be performed comfortably with a fingertip edit guitar tone
--- The DSP function that creates a guitar tone, what's good to catch POD is proven to have been installed.
Well MR. To be more specific, almost the same as 2.5 Platinum POD Farm is a plug-in version of POD is on. The "AMPLIFi", model based association, but I do not enter. I think the machine name of stomp box guitar and amplifier, and are covered walked through.
--- "Tone matching" is a feature very unique, but how guitar tone of factory created by the Line 6 is, or do they create. Listening to the original song, do you are making only ear?
It has been made ??with ears to the MR basically. I though some people to raise studied guitar and amplifier, and stomp that was used during recording, are making based on such information in. However, we are of that sound of the hear work, since is not a sound that has passed through a variety of strokes, such as mastering and mix, who if you do not go well only by simulation simply setting equipment and guitarists with many Desuyo.
"Tone matching" Still is a really interesting feature. And I think that the products that you can reproduce the guitar tone of prominent music has existed up to now, but can be up to the cloud guitar tone of the original, and that the product that allows the user to Rating it's the first time You. Future, "AMPLIFi" community going to come and raised much, and we are looking forward to sore.
--- The NAMM Show venue, and I was let me listen to demo many times, but when you want to play music of the iPad, I was surprised by the sound powerful than it looks. It is the impression that bass was also out at least the size.
When you are playing music at full range, Guitar loudspeakers of central'm also functions as a sub-woofer actually MR. I think So, low frequency and is finished in rich sound at least the size.
--- Mr. Marcus, do you like the best part of "AMPLIFi" throat?
After all MR, It is most sound. I think as a guitar amp, even as Bluetooth speakers, the sound is really good. Sound is good, even if playing the guitar, even if listening to music,'m very fun (laughs). If you tell me by this product, the guitarists of the world "Time to play the guitar has increased," said Well, that was not too happy any more.
Line 6 is capable of innovation by becoming a subsidiary of Yamaha, and further growth

--- By the way, I was surprised to news of a wholly owned subsidiary of Line 6 by Yamaha, which was announced at the end of last year. For this matter, anything but it is still not talking to you.
No MR, is not such a thing. If you what I know, you will be able to talk.
From a few years ago, announced a management strategy with or investment, or the acquisition of another company, and to expand the business, they were running it. I think of that subsidiary us also, and is part of its strategy. Story of this time was raised specifically last year: that of (Note 2013), I talked to various I also met with them, but I felt at that time, than you had imagined It was the vision and ideas of each other that Na is similar. Thought ...... and passion for music and musical instruments, and continue to better society through them. I was so part of each other through sore. Countries and cultures though different with them, and I'm aiming for the same goal in the end, I did the meeting interesting. And, I tried to imagine that after we became a subsidiary of them actually, but there is a strength of Line 6 of the Yamaha, the Line 6 in the Yamaha. Have a relationship that can complement well the missing parts, two I was feeling terrible possibility that join hands is I think we born.

Elantric

Google Translation from iCon.jp Magazine interview
https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Ficon.jp%2Farchives%2F7388

Line-6 co-founder Marcus Lyle Interview: new product of the topic that the "invention" re guitar amp as "AMPLIFi", I talk about a wholly owned subsidiary of Line 6 by Yamaha

PART 2

--- Some of the M & A of the manufacturer of musical instruments, cases that do not capitalize on good company and products that you purchase will also be found.
I think that this is not the case we can MR. I am caught in a very positive review of this one. Indeed, there is a place in the acquisition of a small company at random, resulting in the Kaigoroshi brands and products that should have been put in hand in a large company it is also true. Well, because sometimes to acquire a company in patent mercenary and technology, Although I'm not a pupil unconditionally. But very clever company, Yamaha has chosen very carefully a company that you can purchase, the capital alliance. In the past few years, they have acquired three companies. It is three companies Steinberg, NEXO, the Bösendorfer. Both make up the part that was lacking in Yamaha, I think have been a good M & A sore. I believe as well as those companies, whether not going well this time.
The interview was conducted in Line 6 headquarters in city of Calabasas in California, USA
--- Certainly, digital wireless products and guitar related products Line 6 is, I think that part of that has been lacking in the product line-up of Yamaha. On the other hand, live-related products, such as digital mixer and speaker who started recently Line 6 is, I think in overlaps with the product lineup of Yamaha.
MR I do not think so. As you say, in terms of live for might be in the same category, but I believe the concept and target of the product and different. StageScape M20d and StageSource our series is a product that targets musicians and bands Rather. Therefore, we believe that it might be able segregation is well. We - would be wholly owned subsidiary of Yamaha, but they have me respect really the product of Line 6, and I think so far and than able to sell the product still in the future I'm sure.
--- Not only one review of Line 6 and Yamaha, InMusic has acquired the brand and manufacturer of musical instruments one after the other, and the last few years, I feel M & A of the instrument manufacturers to go as. How do you see the recent trends of this industry?
It is indescribable's For MR M & A, because it is done under a variety of management strategy, rather than the size of the business is whether to expand much by it, that they whether Umidaseru what synergy is most important is. I believe what it's nature of M & A. Acquisition of Line 6 by Yamaha, will management strategy on the thought in the first synergy, and it is necessary to understand each other well and to create synergies. I believe that respect, Line 6 and Yamaha, we understand each other well, and I will do not be successful M & A this time.
To continue to grow the company, innovation is required. And I'm thinking, Line 6 is to grow further, the need for innovation to become a subsidiary of Yamaha at this timing. Some of the M & A, that the case was not dead in the water side to be acquired is not a dead end, you'll have to keep to help other companies plentifully. But one cases in this time, not the M & A that. Line 6 is, has continued to grow alone, but I was thinking innovation by becoming a subsidiary of Yamaha, to be able to grow further. The musicians, we are able to provide a better solution by it. Therefore, I think is not good economy much, but surely bright future is waiting for us (laughs).
Is the background of the Oberheim Xpander, which was developed with the aim of "the ultimate synthesizer" is, EMS Synthi

--- Between the equipment favorite Japan, Mr. Marcus is known produced the hit number of products as a "legend". Engaged in the development of the synthesizer Oberheim 1970s, it has been come Poulton and 6 POD Line Alesis ADAT, and Digidesign SampleCell,, the product of many afterwards, but, some of the feelings in particular or would be any in the .
It is a difficult question, MR (laughs). Each product is an important children for me. The Matrix-12 and Oberheim OB-8, can be put in a home even now, I have to or play once in a while. Also was able to help the music of musicians around the world, ADAT is a memorable product. It is the same for products of the current Line 6. Needless to say POD series, Dream Rig: Dream Stage and (Note integration guitar system that combines the HD500, DT series James Tyler Variax, POD) (Note: integrated live sound system that combines the StageSource Series StageScape M20d) is I think I think to be a really great solution, and it's OK to say that confidence among the products that I have dealt with so far.
--- In Marcus's "invention", are interested most personally is Oberheim Xpander. I think in the mania, some people say "analog synthesizers" ultimate things that product but, in fact, and we have the right degree of perfection to be praised so. About Xpander, Do you have any memories?
I think the MR indeed, Xpander is a great synthesizer. That synthesizer, I have developed two and I Do~uwadiku of Michel (Michel Doidic) becomes the center. Michelle The person who co-founded 6 Line with me later, CTO now: I is in a position of (Note Chief Technical Officer / Chief Technology Officer). So, I will be that developers Xpander, that are in the Line 6 for both of them (laughs).
In developing Xpander, we were told "What Can I do" with. In other words, you always were free, but any attempt to create a synthesizer. "So this opportunity because you would not again, let's make the best, the ultimate synthesizer to the extent that their can be" Michelle and I, I was considered. and try and invest generously all the skills and knowledge themselves have.
Actually lie in the background of the concept of Xpander is what EMS Synthi. At the time, synthesizer like most it was a EMS Synthi is Michelle and I (laughs). I was very inspired by the most comprehensive that a matrix circuit. And I think that it is trying to develop more that concept, was completed is what Xpander.
synthesizer module Oberheim was released in 1984, Xpander. In analog synthesizers of 6 voice specification equipped with oscillators 12 group, with filter is switched various modes of LFO and 5 groups, and VCA that can be finely set for each Voice, MIDI input and output is also equipped. Mania called "analog synthesizers ultimate" not a few
--- The development of Xpander, Tom Oberheim's Why is not there much involved?
Core members of the MR development is two of me and Michelle.
--- Still, it is interesting's finished in sound "Oberheim really".
If Mire is said MR Well (laughs). But, SEM first also, Jim Cooper oscillator part: I thing that was developed (Note he also worked at Oberheim's founder at the time of JL Cooper's.) Is.
--- Part which is the liver of Xpander sound what do you think?
It must be original chips MR Doug Curtis gave me developed for Xpander. In fact, we tell the idea to Doug, but I'm such, which has been developed in such a way of collaboration. At the time, I had a very close relationship with us Doug.
For example, a temperature sensor are you equipped with chip oscillator, but by converting it into a voltage that is in Xpander, and I've been to stabilize the pitch. In addition, the filter, I have become sore complex design which was placed a large number of circuit as a sub around the circuit as a core. This allows to switch the filter mode of 15 different in Xpander had become possible.
Maybe, I think Doug chip has been developed, and has been adopted by other synthesizers, but I think are using the chips of all kinds and just Xpander.
--- It is interesting the same chip even if they are adopted, the sound is quite different.
It's so MR. Even tube amps, where you use the same example vacuum tube, it will not be the same sound in any way. Synthesizer It is also the same. What matters here is the circuit design.
Oh yeah, I remember the funny story. Actually in the vision of our, and of 24 voice version, "Matrix-24" of the Matrix-12 also I was there (laughs). Unfortunately, the company becomes funny before issuing a Matrix-24, I though I had been shelved. In fact, if it becomes the specifications that can connect four pieces of the voice board of 6 voice specification, Rewriting a little software to strengthen the power supply unit afterward, mother board of Matrix-12 is a Matrix-24 sooner rather than later I had been able to create. For Matrix-24, are you still think you want to try and produce one (laughs).

Do you have a close friendship even now with Tom Oberheim's?
We are often in exchange , such as MR -mail . And such like I had come to the venue of the NAMM Show , but did not meet this time unfortunately . Although I 'm told the story in various ways when they met last year . I love still things Tom .
--- Future , Is it possible for Mr. Marcus to develop a synthesizer again ?
Now MR, (laughs ) I guess what . I have the feeling that this procedure was that as soon as the idea . Nobody like not doing yet , really interesting idea if floated , and I actually like working by all means . If it is such a synthesizer , since will be something that inspires musicians surely . However, to expand its product lineup is simply if your goal would not be that we dabble in synthesizer . It is not interesting even make something trivial , and because nobody I will not pleased . But , since the synthesizer does not address hundreds of years , may need to be run-up period if it becomes that I deal with really ( laughs) .
--- Some of the people who launched a manufacturer of musical instruments as Marcus says , the company had gone to sell to large companies at the time of the peak , you are living in leisurely with or immersed in the hobby after Some people . I think up to now , there was a chance to grab that kind of life and Marcus san , why are you continuing to develop the instrument in the front line still are you ?
It is fun to simply MR . I I love to think that the new instrument . Well , I have to say " nothing left if you take the instrument development from me " and (laughs ) , rather than anything even a joke , it is likely to do really .

Elantric

http://www.mixdownmag.com.au/marcus-ryle-line-6

MARCUS RYLE OF LINE 6 20 Years Of Digital Innovation
Authored 16 May by Chris Scott 
This year marks the 20th anniversary of Line 6. As a pioneering force behind musician-focused gear they introduced the world's first digital modelling amp, and manufactured the POD multi-effect system – the unit that bridged the gap between great guitar tone and digital capabilities. Now a prominent member of the Yamaha family, Line 6 continues to find digital solutions for guitarists where others can't. A challenge that the company's co-founder and President, Marcus Ryle, continues to relish.
"Well we hope to be some of the cause of those shifts," he says, reflecting upon 20 years of industry growth. "I feel like that's really our job, to try come up with new ways to create tools that can really inspire musicians, change how they do things in
 a way that lets them fully explore their creativity. Hopefully it just continues to keep evolving. I think it's a great time to be a guitarist because there are so many great tools today, compared to what existed 20 years ago."

"It really doesn't seem that long ago we were trying to convince people that digital wasn't a bad word. And so it's been a remarkable journey, it's been a lot of fun. There's still a lot more to do though." It's this hunger and endeavour to think beyond the status quo that has ensured the longevity of Line 6. Their commitment to creativity and performance personified in, what is arguably their greatest achievement to date, the Helix guitar processor. "Helix went through many years in development and I think as a company gets older it's kind of like a person getting older, you get more mature, you learn more," says Ryle.

"We built a whole new DSP engine with much more power than before, we re-did
 our modelling from scratch to make sure
we could capture the most minute detail of what really is the source of sound. And I'm equally proud of the work the team did on making something that's so versatile, so very easy to use."

In today's ultra-competitive guitar-effect market the desire for complex features
 that are equally easy to grasp and utilise is paramount. Helix ticks both of these boxes, yet as is the case with the majority of products that offer digital programming, has undergone a number of evolutions since its mid-2015 release. "It's a platform [where] we've already done a number of updates," Ryle explains. "We have a team that's really engaged with guitar players, with thousands of guitar players that are constantly giving us feedback and suggestions, and we continue to do updates to add more and more capabilities."

The online arena is an area with which Line 6 has wholly embraced and, in doing so, undoubtedly excelled. With the CustomTone online virtual marketplace, Line 6 users can trade, download and rate presets for free. While the Ideascale product feedback page harnesses the experiences of users in an effort to improve Line 6 products. Both of which are products of a two-way relationship, shared between developer and consumer. "First of all we appreciate there are certain message boards that have organically become... a magnet you could say for certain types of guitar players," says Ryle. "It's different for different countries, we try to participate in a lot of those things. But one of the challenges that can happen is sometimes there can be one or two very loud voices on a message board that may not really represent what people really want or what concerns them. So we take all 
of that very seriously, but we actually have another tool that we host called Ideascale, which we try to route guitar players to, where not only can people articulate what it is they want maybe, they wish it has a particular model
that we don't have or they wished for
 a specific feature – but all the other participants, they get to vote on the ideas."

As Line 6 celebrates 20 years of digital music innovation, its vision remains resolute. "We want to make tools that are really meaningful to artists and musicians, the only way to be sure you're doing that is with a lot of interaction," says Ryle. "So we have artists that come to the shop, we interview guitarists, we do focus groups, we do all kinds of stuff like that along with the things online. And because the people at Line 6 [that] are doing this are also artists and musicians themselves, it's not like you're speaking a foreign language. You're just talking to other like-minded people."

"We know we're onto something when, as happens quite often with something like Helix for example, internally we're all excited and think this would be awesome, and then we hope that when we talk to people they agree. It's great when you get that confirmation – you show it to people, you test ideas and you get that positive feedback. It's really gratifying."

Line 6 is distributed throughout the country by Yamaha Music Australia. For more details, head to au.yamaha.com.

Elantric

https://line6.com/variax-modeling-guitars/variax-standard

Variax® Limited Edition Onyx—a limited-run guitar with HD modeling and a stunning translucent-black finish over a flamed-maple veneer top.

The new Variax® Limited Edition Onyx guitar offers guitarists the opportunity to own a limited-run instrument that is not only visually striking, but also delivers a wide range of tones and alternate tunings via Variax HD modeling. Each guitar features a translucent-black finish over a flamed-maple veneer top, with a matching headstock overlay, a Limited Edition insignia, and a numbered neck plate.

admin

https://line6.com/data/6/0a020a402c2b5ab98c38b0ebe/application/pdf/

PRESS RELEASE Yamaha Guitar Group, Inc.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
YAMAHA ANNOUNCES FORMATION OF
U.S. BASED YAMAHA GUITAR GROUP, INC.
New organization will be dedicated to developing and marketing
Yamaha and Line 6 products for guitarists worldwide

Calabasas, CA—March 26, 2018 – Yamaha today announced the formation of a new
U.S.-based wholly owned subsidiary, Yamaha Guitar Group, Inc., which will bring
together the intercompany teams that have been focused on serving the needs of
guitarists worldwide.
Building on a long history as a leading guitar company, Yamaha demonstrated their
commitment to the future of the global guitar market when they acquired Line 6 in 2014.
As a leader in tech-forward segments of the guitar industry, Line 6 brought with it a
family of digital electric guitars, amps, and effects to complement the extensive line-up
of acoustic and electric guitars, basses, and amps that Yamaha has offered customers
for over half a century.
Since the acquisition, the growing collaboration between the two complementary brands
led to the formation of a dedicated Guitar Division headquartered in Japan at Yamaha
Corporation in April 2017, with Line 6, Inc. being included within this division. Shoji Mita,
based in Japan, and Marcus Ryle, based in the U.S., were named co-general managers
of this new division. Throughout 2017, this new formation led to expanded collaboration
in strategy, development, sales, marketing, and artist relations, including the relocation
of Yamaha Artist Services, Los Angeles to the same California campus as Line 6.
With the formation of Yamaha Guitar Group, Inc. (YGG), effective April 1, 2018, the
natural evolution of these collaborative efforts becomes formalized within one multibrand
organization, with a dedicated team committed to producing and marketing the
very best products and services for guitarists under both the Yamaha and Line 6
brands. The YGG U.S. headquarters will also serve as the strategic base for Yamaha
guitar business worldwide. In addition to their current roles as Guitar Division GMs,
Marcus Ryle and Shoji Mita will serve as co-presidents of YGG, and Mr. Mita will
relocate to the U.S. YGG and the Japan-based Guitar Division team members will work
together as one under common leadership.
"We are enthusiastic about bringing this multi-brand entity together under one
organizational roof. This will better enable our team members to take a customer-driven
approach to how both brands develop products and serve their customers", said Shoji
Mita, co-president, Yamaha Guitar Group. "Our centralized guitar focus will also help us
to work with each of our Yamaha and Line 6 U.S. and international distribution partners,
to ensure that we can meet the needs of their markets effectively."
"Since Line 6 joined the Yamaha family four years ago, the energy between the two
brands and the people who drive them has continued to build," added Marcus Ryle, co-
president, Yamaha Guitar Group and co-founder of Line 6. "It became apparent that we
could further this momentum by formally unifying the teams and expanding the potential
for both brands. We're excited to further serve the needs of today's and tomorrow's
guitarists."
Yamaha Guitar Group, Inc. will be headquartered at the Calabasas, California, campus
where Line 6 and Yamaha Artist Services, Los Angeles have been located. Although an
independent U.S. entity, YGG will be working closely with Yamaha Corporation of
America, and all other Yamaha sales subsidiaries around the world, to continue
providing retail partners and end users with the excellence that Yamaha has been
known for worldwide.
####
About Yamaha Corporation
Since its founding in 1887, the Yamaha Corporation Group has developed its business
activities focusing on musical instruments, audio products, Yamaha music schools,
semiconductors, and other products and services related to sound and music. With its
unique expertise and sensibilities, Yamaha is committed to creating excitement and
cultural inspiration together with people around the world.
About Yamaha Guitar Group, Inc.
Yamaha Guitar Group, Inc. (YGG) is a U.S. based wholly owned subsidiary of Yamaha
Corporation, that is dedicated to serving the needs of guitar players through two distinct
brands: Yamaha and Line 6.
Yamaha began making classical guitars in Hamamatsu, Japan in 1941 and launched in
the U.S in 1966 with the legendary FG180 acoustic, the forefather of the best-selling FG
series. Since then, Yamaha has gone on to create class-leading instruments including
the SBG and Pacifica electric guitars, BB basses, APX electro acoustics, the unique
Silent Guitar and, most recently, the TransAcoustic guitar, all combining craftsmanship,
technology and engineering excellence to redefine what a guitarist can expect from their
guitar.
Line 6 is known for products which leverage groundbreaking digital technology to inspire
guitarists. With a long history of firsts, Line 6 has a proven track record of creating
category-defining products. Their best-selling flagship Helix® guitar processor has
received numerous accolades and awards, including the Guitar World "Platinum
Award", the Premier Guitar "Premier Gear Award", and the Guitar Player "Editors' Pick"
award. For more information, visit line6.com.

gumtown

A good time for them to scoop up Gibson for a bargain.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

germanicus

They predict Guitar sales to increase (they did in 2021 over 2020) and on of their focuses is on "Plan and develop high-end guitars" (P63 of Annual report).
My albums done with modeling/guitar synth at http://music.steamtheory.com

JTV69/59P/Godin LGXT/Multiac ACS/Variax 700 AC
Helix/FTP/GP10/VG99/SY1000
Traynor k4