Right Blues

Started by PD FX, June 20, 2014, 09:09:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PD FX

My coming out as a righ-hand lead tapper, it is not that good, but I'm getting better at it every day.

mbenigni

Paul, it is that good.  You are awesome!  Really unique approach to the instrument and the technology.  I'm always impressed.

whippinpost91850

Paul, this is really awesome. Love the technique.

PD FX

thanks guys, nice words..
I sound better when I play normally, but I have to expand my horizon.. Somehow the physics of tapping and fingerpicking overlap at a certain string gauge. For pure tapping I'd put on 008s, but I cant do fingerpicking with 008s, so I use 009s, a balanced tension set from D'addario, it is not perfect for my righthand legato, but it allows fingerpicking and tapping on the same guitar. It is a complicated process of trial, error and reward.

thebrushwithin

Really excellent, Paul!!! I have never been able to get to first base with tapping, and end up tapping with the edge of a pick. Any secrets to share ?

PD FX

Quote from: thebrushwithin on June 21, 2014, 11:27:25 AM
Really excellent, Paul!!! I have never been able to get to first base with tapping, and end up tapping with the edge of a pick. Any secrets to share ?
thanks! Secrets? take your time, and enjoy yourself with the level you've acquired. I've been developing my righthand for tapping in a gentle way: I've done simple bass voices with the righthand a lot, that is what you see in my older videos. Now that my right hand is somewhat stronger I can play a little lead with the right hand also.

Machh_2

WOW!
amazing !..
congratz !

[]'s

Machh