GR-55 - Prince Raspberry Beret?

Started by greekjgg, September 05, 2013, 05:24:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greekjgg

This seems to have some funky keyboard going on....almost a toy symphony type sound. Any guesses on where to start? I seem to have some sounds for the versus but the chorus I'm struggling
Setup:
Homemade EVH Frankenstrat with built in GK3
GR55
Rocktron Talkbox
TC Helicon Voicetone C1
Tech 21 Power Engine 60

papabuss

Greekjgg, I must admit: it's a very extraordinary sound.
I can't give you a solution by now.
'Wiki' says it depends on a harmonica sound.
But I' m sure there is 'something more.'
Should be realized with one of the GR55 synths....
Any ideas? ;)

FENDER STRATOCASTER (1974); BRIAN MAY RED SPECIAL; VG 99; GR 55; Yamaha DX 7

Music was my first love and it will be my last (JOHN MILES)

tekrytor

To me it resembles a mellotron calliope or soft synthy reeds with just a bit of phase shift and echo, if you're referring to the synthy part. It's cool! My all-time favorite Prince tune is Partyman, from the Batman soundtrack, with its pairing of that funky beat with the biting horns and those sparse piano twinkles, topped with the barking vox. He da man!
SY-300/BeatBuddy/VoiceLive 3/GR-55(v1.50)/33/1/50/700/VGA-7/V-Bass, Yam-G10, GPK-4, DIY X-Bee HighlyLiquidCPU "Cozy-Lil-Footie", FCB-1010, other MIDI stuff, Godin Freeway SA and various other GK equipped controllers, Sonar X1, Audacity, KXstudio, Misc devices

greekjgg

I'm getting close with a violin and cello....that's what I got out of wiki....the other side of the coin is that there seems to be a soft sorta keyboard during the versus.... So that is technically 3 sounds for 1 song and only 2 PCM...

I think there is a way to still do this in one patch. I'm gonna need to figure that out too since we also added "roll with the changes" and I get to be the piano, Hammond and guitar!!!!
Setup:
Homemade EVH Frankenstrat with built in GK3
GR55
Rocktron Talkbox
TC Helicon Voicetone C1
Tech 21 Power Engine 60