Source of 13 Pin right angle Jack and screw on connectors

Started by FreeTime, January 02, 2014, 01:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FreeTime

After a few years of heavy (ab)use the Jack on my Godin has worn out. I know its the jack because the same setup with a GK3 equipped guitar works just fine. Can anyone tell me where I can order one of these D-1091 jacks ?

Also, has anyone ran across a source for these ?

and the mating Plug

I definitely like the screw on connector idea, looks like a very solid ground.

Elantric

H.S.P. Connector Co., Ltd.
No. 10, Lane 204, Jhongsing N. St., Sanchong Dist., New Taipei City 24158, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
TEL: +886-2-2995-2388 FAX: +886-2-8512-4298
Copyright © H.S.P. Connector Co., Ltd. All Rights Reserved.

http://www.hspcon.com/product/d/multipole-connector/multipole-plug/d-6006.php

FreeTime

Thanks for the replies guys, a nudge in the right direction :). Big Jim, I do like the idea of a right angle Jack, how was shipping them over from Taiwan ? I hate ordering parts that have been in more exotic places than I've been to lol.

Digikeys part# for the socket is CP-2313-ND but I'm not sure that its locking. They also have a CP-3313-ND which is shielded and might actually be a better ground. I'd prefer to keep the RMC board original; I think if I were to try to modify it with one of Peters' jacks I'd make a mess trying to get it in there along with two 1/4" trs sockets.

gumbo

Quote from: FreeTime on January 03, 2014, 12:47:03 AM
Thanks for the replies guys, a nudge in the right direction :). Big Jim, I do like the idea of a right angle Jack, how was shipping them over from Taiwan ? I hate ordering parts that have been in more exotic places than I've been to lol.

Digikeys part# for the socket is CP-2313-ND but I'm not sure that its locking. They also have a CP-3313-ND which is shielded and might actually be a better ground. I'd prefer to keep the RMC board original; I think if I were to try to modify it with one of Peters' jacks I'd make a mess trying to get it in there along with two 1/4" trs sockets.

FWIW, the (back of the) Synth-Linx jack is smaller than the Roland one...   ;)
...more information is available from the PDF downloadable from my original Forum post referred to (above) by Elantric, and if that's not enough and you need more info on installation, you can PM me with your valid email address which will accept a 4MB PDF download, and I'll seed you a copy of the entire Installation Instructions for free...   8)   ..no obligation... Happy New Year!

Cheers,
Peter

Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

gumbo

One of three new Synth-Linx products that I hope to launch in the first half of 2014 might just get you what you want in terms of right angle connection..   
At the present moment it is still in prototyping stage, and my life is a bit busy with an impending move to other premises next month...watch this space...   ;)

Cheers,
Peter

FreeTime

The parts came in today from Digi-key, I had the iron heated up ready to go to town on the new jack, I'm glad I had a closer look at the pcb pinout before I de-soldered anything; they look identical from the front but it turns out the RMC jack has a different footprint than the CP-2313-ND. The ground/shield pins are also a bit different. Disappointing. Since I have the jack anyways I was going to do open heart surgery, disassemble the jacks and use the new bits on the old one but then came to my senses. For just under four bucks I tore a new jack apart, it took some dexterity to get it back together again. But from that learned that I could partially disassemble the old jack, slide it over enough to get under the contacts with a sewing needle and pry them together just ever so little. End result: The old Godin is good, no string dropouts, absolutely no crackling, the 12 string and 300 patches are very playable. This is pretty extreme, you stand a good chance of wrecking your 13 pin connector permanently by doing that but in my case I had nothing to lose; the connector was worn out. I'll keep looking for the proper jack, I hope you will have something eventually Peter, and solder it in and get another few years out of it.

gumbo

...I'll keep you posted, F-T..   ;D

...all the best from 40+C Oz.  (great house-packing/moving weather.. :-X )

Cheers,
Peter