Elantric

Tracking Test

2013 MusicMesse
https://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=srE_X0JVl90&feature=endscreen

TriplePlay Demo

Elantric

Elantric

FreeTime

Those assigns are great ! Looks like it requires a great setup and deft touch but even the odd glitch might sound in place with such variety.

GuitarBuilder

Fabulous demo!  Lots of food for thought.
"There's no-one left alive, it must be a draw"  Peter Gabriel 1973

Elantric

yuri

Very nice video !very clean .  But and but ...... I can not ever get so clean sound without glitch note etc , - as piano etc  .Despite all that I have learned  all about and  tried everything about settings  of FTP  ,  (So many hours lost and  an Big pain in the ass)!  Hmmm something i think , perhaps his FTP is an special version thing for the promotion and marketing ::) . I thing , we all have glitch note problem and it is an great limit of FTP controller vs an  midi keyboard controller !

Elantric

Burr has incredibly accurate playing technique, he has built a career as a MIDI Guitar demonstrator for trade shows for all recent MIDI Guitar systems Andras Szalay has designed (Axon, Fishman)

But inspect your FTP installation and settings , not all of us experience glitching with the FTP   

Mine tracks everything I play faithfully.

yuri

I have the same technique to play guitar, if not better than him but ? ::)

yuri

Ok, it does not matter this  is my experience with FTP - FTP is great and open door for many instruments but is imperfect as midi  controller. Sazlay !  something could be improved and  simplified .lately I use only simple ( midi keyb) to drive  native instruments , and I realize that difference is huge vs FTP. Thanks

patrick802

it should also be noted that Burr's guitar is probably worth a few thousand dollars and is probably ALWAYS setup perfectly.  I've tried FTP with several guitars that are completely different in woods and construction.   One of them definately out-shines the others.  That guitar happens to be the most resonant of them all.  I don't belive that the FTP is flawed.  It did take me a considerable amount of time to get it to perform properly but I get amazing tracking and never glitch's.   To be honest, I would have payed alot more for the FTP if the price as higher,  I'm still blown away everytime i play with it.  And i play very fast and do sweeps and hammer-on's, pull-offs, etc.  I will add that getting a good sound card to reduce the latency was crucial to get it to play proper,  I think that has a lot to do with how well it 'plays'...if there is even a few milliseconds too much latency it feels like its all over the place.  like the difference between 3ms and 11ms is miles apart in my experience.

yuri

Quote(I've tried FTP with several guitars that are completely different in woods and construction.   One of them definately out-shines the others.  That guitar happens to be the most resonant of them all ) .
???  uhmmmm   But this has nothing to do with glitch notes -  FTP is okay  with  any guitar with good handle and right frets , and as long as FTP is set up well. Quality  of guitar  ,wood etc .. does not import anything with FTP

Elantric

QuoteQuality  of guitar  ,wood etc .. does not import anything with FTP

In my experience with MIDI Guitar, the quality of the instrument makes a world of difference.

I use a Godin LGX-SA with Ebony Fretboard  - and Godin press release even mentions the superior qualities of an Ebony fretboard for MIDI Guitar

http://www.godinguitars.com/godinlgxsap.htm

QuoteLGX-SA
The LGX-SA is a three-voice guitar featuring electric and acoustic guitar sounds, plus the infinite possibilities provided by synth access. The output from the bridge transducer system in the LGX-SA produces six separate signals—one for each string. This divided signal is called hexaphonic and is used to drive guitar synths. The LGX adapted itself to this application quite easily. However, in addition to the electronic modifications, the guitar itself was altered in order to achieve the best possible performance. The most visible difference between the standard LGX and the LGX-SA is in the ebony fingerboard. The use of the ebony fingerboard improves synth tracking. Guitar synth systems in the past were technically complicated and required radical changes in playing technique. The LGX-SA/RolandTM GR-synth combination represents a new standard in user friendliness and performance. This is truly a 'plug in and play' system.

http://www.godinguitars.com/godingman.htm

Synth Access
The first Multiac Nylon prototypes were already nearing completion when we became intrigued by the possibilities presented by Roland's GR-1 guitar synth system. Guitars had already been triggering synths for many years but they were either very expensive and not really guitars but guitar-like triggering devices or they just didn't work very well. The GR-1 made the guitar/synth connection available to guitar players of all budgets and abilities. However, using the GR still involved attaching a significant amount of hardware to your existing guitar. So we began experimenting with the idea of a guitar built from the ground up with synth tracking in mind. Our old friend Richard McLish of the RMC pickup company already had developed a hexaphonic pickup and preamp system called the RMC Polydrive and we asked him to work on a version of his system customized for our new guitar, which we called the Multiac. Richard's system worked beautifully, however, we discovered that we could impact the tracking of the system with fundamental changes to the guitar itself. Bracing, scale length, string tension and wood selection all had some effect on the response time (tracking) of the synth. After about twelve prototypes we not only had achieved superb guitar synth tracking but we'd done it in a nylon string guitar. Several years have passed since the first Multiac made its debut and we continue to refine our designs and explore new possibilities such as the new Multiac Fretless. There are now twelve Godin models that include synth access.

http://www.godinguitars.com/berklee/GTR.htm

yuri

different guitar, very interesting   ::).hmm  Thanks Elantric

patrick802

my 'best FTP guitar' has an ebony fretboard...the others are all rosewood.

patrick802

it also has carbon fiber rods in the neck. 

jassy

Quote from: yuri on July 08, 2015, 04:16:22 AM
different guitar, very interesting   ::).hmm  Thanks Elantric

Maybe try Jam Origin Midi Guitar 2, much less dependent on the type of installation or type of guitar and you maybe be impressed,
I have FTP, Axon and Roland and have been, tried the demo and purchased it after a few days, works with all your guitars and its very cheap compared to the FTP (500€ in Europe!) , it tracks incredibly well even with my big jazz boxes.

yuri

Very interesting !!!!!I wonder this can drive instrumenti Kontakt library NI ??? If it works well I'll go  to sell  my FTP . Thanks

patrick802

yes midiguitar2 can.  any soft synth will work.  You won't be able to do individual string things or fretboard splits though.

jassy

Quote from: yuri on July 10, 2015, 05:19:41 AM
Very interesting !!!!!I wonder this can drive instrumenti Kontakt library NI ??? If it works well I'll go  to sell  my FTP . Thanks

Just try the demo and see for yourself, that's what I did and I had to buy it.

Elantric

Elantric

Fishman Triple Play with Spectrasonics Omnisphere
Dominik Hardy

Elantric

Fishman Triple Play Wireless Guitar Controller Review With Tom Quayle | Guitar Interactive

merman93

Just saw this vid with Jennifer Batten describing, and playing a bit on, her rig, including using the Fishman Triple Play which replaced her gk 2 on her signature Washburn guitar.

I saw her with Jeff Beck back in the day, and her chops were awesome.
Ibanez RG 1520 GK
Ibanez RG 420 GK
Ibanez RG 920 (GK KIT)
Ibanez RGA 121 (GK 3)
Fender Deluxe Players Strat (GK KIT)
Roland GC 1/G 505/G 707
Hamer Phantom A7 (24 pin)
BX 13 (24 -13 pin converter)
GP-10
FishmanTripleplay (2)
VG 88 2.0
Apple Imac/Logic 9