FTP - Show us your Triple Play Guitars

Started by merman93, April 20, 2013, 12:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vade

There's a fair bit of detail about putting your FTP on your pedal board in this thread and MusicOverGear spends a fair bit of time discussing his setup starting at post #53.

GK 13 Pin to FTP adapter
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=8413.50

(thanks again for all the work done and shared in this thread by many members)
Drachen; Fender FTP Strat w/internal GK-3, Godin xtSA w/FTP, Boss GP-10, VoiceLive 3, Scarlett 18i8, ZBox IQ01, On-Lap 1502i, D:fine 4088, 4E Dual Axis Exp Pedal, VoiceSolo FX-150, Yamaha DXR 10, Gem. M2 Flute, Special 20 Harmonicas. Fender Deluxe Reverb Mahogany Cane.

https://soundcloud.com/vadie

kenact

And here it is, finally. Just got it yesterday.  ;D
Godin Session & Montreal FTP, LGXT, LGX SA, Redline, ACS, A12, A11, A10, A4
Danoblaster Baritone w/GK-3
Gretsch Nashville, Viking
Fender Strats
Fret King Supermatic
Larrivee DV03RE
Parker Midi Fly
Seagull, S&P 12
VOX Phantom XII
GR-55, 33, 30, 20, GI-20, RC-50, US-20, VG-99, VP-7
Sentient 6
Cyr 7

crsmarker

Looks good on my Yamaha EG112C2. I used the #2 mount. The Livid Guitar Wing fits perfectly as well. Picked it up at a garage sale for twenty dollars a few years ago (it needed some TLC) and used it as a wood shed guitar. Now I feel like I need to start upgrading her.

It is nice to have a list of guitars that the FTP fits on without or without modification, and what mount pad(s) were used. For instance, I've heard the PRS Custom SE mentioned but it looks like it might be a tight fit to me. Has anyone here done that install?

neshel

I was hoping/thinking those with tight circumstances (typically strat style guitars) would explain how they fit the TP in. Looks like one person un-screwed their bridge pick-up and taped the bezel....

frummox

baatkarlo (or anyone else who knows how he did it(---how did you attach the Tripleplay on your Steinberger? I have a Hohner which is a copy of a Steinberger and it gave me an idea I may want to try.

Elantric

Just wanted to point out the FTP PU does fit on Godin LGX-SA / LGXT

Here is "DF400" 's Godin LGXT

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=142.msg96560#msg96560

Many folks claim Tripleplay PU  will not fit or will "wobble" due to the carved top wood on the Godin LGX-SA / LGXT - thinking its curved like a Gibson Les Paul Standard

but if you examine the Godin LGX-SA / LGXT top near the bridge  - you will discover this area on the wood top is relatively flat and stable for FTP PU mounting

Elantric

Fender Strat with built in Fishman Tripleplay is now discontinued  -

Confirmed with Fender, 2015 is the final year for this model

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/StratTPBk

vxboogie

admin

http://www.burrjohnson.com/News.html

Burr Johnson wrote>

Recently I've been turning my attention to EDM style music. Click here to see my videos page
http://burrjohnson.com/videos.html

where you can click on and watch the videos I've posted of my EDM music (in the MIDI guitar section of the page). I find a lot of EDM to be a fascinating blend of textures and sounds that have so much potention for evolution and development. I'm especially interested in blending Jazz and Fusion styles into the art form. Central to EDM is the use of Controllers. Mostly this is done by DJs who control the performances of their mixes by interacting with these devices. Controllers come in many shapes and sizes and predominately sit on a table or surface of some kind. I'm trying to do the same sorts of things but by using controllers that are connected to the guitar. Two examples are above. The Robocaster (upper right picture), designed by Ben Lewery (visionaryinstruments.com)
http://www.burrjohnson.com/visionaryinstruments.com
is a fantastic way to get this done. He and I have a new build coming soon which will easilly be the best option for this sort of thing. The Guitar Wing (upper left picture) is more of a consumer level piece that mounts on the guitar. A super great starter product for exploring this new a exciting music direction. Check out (Click here) Control Freak 5 to see what I've been up to.

admin

CodeSmart

Quote from: admsustainiac on January 27, 2017, 11:00:30 AM
Codesmarts FTP

Ok, here's another take.
It's a American Special 2013 I put the Dremel into and added the GK-3 KIT.
- Added locking tuners
- Added Mag-Lok to the tremolo.
- Added Kill switch on the volume
- Replaced Humbucker with Seymour Duncan JB and Seymour Duncan Little' 59, middle pup is still the original Texas special.
- Added push-pull for single coil switching of the two humbuckers.
- Added $200 for PLEK'ing the the frets (i.e. hard core laser treatment)
- Added Fishman Triple Play (FTP)

Great? ----- Yes!!!

But I got more gear than I need...and I like it!

Headless68

Awesome - just needs a bladerunner to complete it :-)

Elantric

Mark Wingfield
Patrck Eggle LA Plus with Roland GK-2 and Fishman TriplePlay hex pickups, Sustainiac, and VMeter controller. Roland VG-88 V-Guitar system and Roland FC-300 MIDI Foot Controller. MacBook Pro 2.7GHz/16GB SSD, running Apple MainStage 3. Typical MainStage effects setups: Waves NLS, Waves API 550B, Sinevibes Turbo, Lexicon PCM Reverb, Waves Neve V-EQ4, Logic Channel EQ, Slate Digital VBC, MeldaProduction MFreqShifter, and Sinevibes Circuit. For more information visit

www.markwingfield.com

Majiken

Got a FTP coming in tomorrow, going to mount it on my LGX-T for a test drive- big test will be to see how to proceed with my next guitar project, which is as of now intended feature an ATG luthier kit plus FTP and an Evertune bridge.  Given the impedance loading experience so far on my splitting a single hex pickup on my Electra guitar for both ATG and GK-3, I'm considering mounting 2 hex pickups and was wondering which one should go closer to the bridge.  Seems everybody here feels comfortable mounting the FTP hex farther from the bridge, I'll take that as a baseline and welcome any experiences shared.
Take what you need, put back a bit more, leave the place behind you better than it was before :-)

www.majiken.rocks

imerkat

Finally managed to install Komplete Elements MKII software to my vPed;

Having an instrument per string and no laptop per-se to load, I'm finally putting my GR-55 days behind me. 8)

Elantric

Patrck Eggle LA Plus with Roland GK-2 and Fishman TriplePlay hex pickups, Sustainiac, and VMeter controller. Roland VG-88 V-Guitar system and Roland FC-300 MIDI Foot Controller. MacBook Pro 2.7GHz/16GB SSD, running Apple MainStage 3. Typical MainStage effects setups: Waves NLS, Waves API 550B, Sinevibes Turbo, Lexicon PCM Reverb, Waves Neve V-EQ4, Logic Channel EQ, Slate Digital VBC, MeldaProduction MFreqShifter, and Sinevibes Circuit.

http://www.markwingfield.com/gear/index.html

Majiken

Is there general agreement that in a dual hex situation like this it is better (less critical) to have the FTP pickup farther from the bridge?
Take what you need, put back a bit more, leave the place behind you better than it was before :-)

www.majiken.rocks

admin

Since Muse's Matt Bellamy strapped a Kaoss Pad onto his Manson electrics, we've seen a fair few technologically enhanced guitars, but none quite as advanced as this incredible arcade-style electric.

Dubbed Sputnik by its builders Remy Sefi and David Or, the guitar boasts seven arcade-esque Bluetooth MIDI buttons, two MIDI knobs, MIDI motion control, a Fishman TriplePlay MIDI pickup and a Realtime Pixel Styled Audio Visualizer - meaning it can control just about anything you can throw at it.

In the video above, Sefi demonstrates its phenomenal array of features with a song made completely using the guitar.

Sputnik started life as an Ibanez Artcore AS53, and runs on several Arduino micro-controllers placed inside the body - hurray for f-holes!

whippinpost91850

Lookin good. If I can make a FTP work for me will add to my custom synth guitar

CodeSmart

Quote from:  Bluesbird on January 01, 2022, 08:49:36 AM
Just added a Fishman Tripleplay Connect to my Roland GK Starcaster.

Looks great but note the GK output may be magnetically impaired when mounted directly to the FTP. Not saying it always happen but I got issues with my Strat. GK sounded much better and gave higher output with FTP removed.

CodeSmart

Quote from:  Bluesbird on January 03, 2022, 08:58:27 AM
But if you mean the pickups being close to each other causes problems, I'll look out for that. So far so good.
Exactly what I meant.

Elantric

Quote from: Bluesbird on August 13, 2023, 03:22:12 PMTripleplay Connect on my Revstar Standard RSS20. I didn't want to use the tuneomatic bridge mounting plate, so I stacked the two thickest mounting clips together. I had to sand with a file the the top of the bottom clip to make it completely flat. 

You cannot view this attachment.

Some of those have a built in 1:1.1 passive transformer that lowers impedance and boosts the signal - its in the electronics cavity .

The concept was 1st employed by Lindsay Buckingham using inline AKG cable transformers

Elantric

Quote from: Bluesbird on August 13, 2023, 05:35:00 PMYes it does. It's activated when you pull the tone pot. It gives it a boost, but does indeed lower the impedance making for a dark tone. I don't find I use it much as I prefer a brighter sound. I didn't know that about Buckingham—I'll have to look up more info about that. Thanks for the info.

The tone gets darker as the transformer input is 50k ohm - which presents a high freq roll off , but it does provide a battery free signal boost when activated

Push tone pot in and its true bypass without the transformer