VG-99 - Dead Lizard - Nylon

Started by Elantric, February 25, 2008, 04:42:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elantric

They're OK. They will require tweaking, though. Mostly in terms of string levels and internal EQing. Best to A/B with a classical plugged into an amp. I haven't gotten around to doing this yet, but here is a demo I whipped up.

(No, it's not Diary Of A Madman!!!!)

ZORO

kneagle

beautiful - just beautiful

thanks,
ken

baranger1

sustainiac's name is Steve Conrad not Bret.
The the clip Steve posted was from a user named "Dead Lizard".

Brent Flash

Quote from: baranger1 on December 01, 2008, 06:39:08 PM
sustainiac's name is Steve Conrad not Bret.
The the clip Steve posted was from a user named "Dead Lizard".
Sorry for the mixup but he was thanking me for converting the patch to .mid for him. And it is BRENT.

baranger1

Elantric

I want to thank Brent Flash again for the laborious effort he did this past summer,  scanning the patch threads converting the VG-99 patches from *.g9e format into SMF (*.mid) format, with "system data" stripped off.

I know I tend to post a lot , but actually my post count is an inflated number because I spent a whole weekend back in February 2009 reposting 6 weeks worth of posts and patches from over 100+ members of a short lived prior version VG-99 Forum. Brent has been kind to re-upload SMF versions of the original *.G9E patches, but i think there may be a few random *.G9E type patch files left here lurking, which "look" like they are authored by Sustainiac (me), but actually these are the work of others - like the one here on this thread from "Dead Lizard". Initially we had some resistance to get all VG-99 users here, It was a lot of "if you build it they will come" and cut & paste from the prior php Forum  - where I was the chief moderator there too. But in our current  incarnation  - www.vguitarforums.com , Rob is the owner  ("Slackjaw"), we worked together to build this place - he found the ideal web hosting service,  with RSS feeds, high bandwidth and large file storage -  surpassing the capabilities of the prior VG-99 forum hosting platform . There are costs involved, Rob agreed to fund the monthly web hosting fee , if I agreed to be the Moderator and share my 30+ years of technical expertise with Roland Guitar products - rack it up to the cost of education.  Now 10 months later we have expanded roughly 100 new members each month. We now have  several Moderators, and 1000+ members - we ALL play a large part in making this Forum an effective tool for all Roland Vguitar owners and potential owners.  Even with all our growth, Rob made the right  web hosting decision. Our current web hosting platform is still meeting our needs, and allows us the freedom to post patches,  MP3s, PDFs,  and pics and many other file types - and its been very robust and fast.

But 10 months ago we were new, less than 10 members, and some people still love the yahoo group, and still others were bitching they would not join this Forum until all the old threads at the old php VG-99 forum ( now deceased) were copied over here. So thats what i did one weekend in late February 2009. But unfortunately all the posts and patches have my avatar over on the left and a newbie might think i was the one who created all these patches. Actually as of this date, i have never uploaded any original VG-99 patch of my own creation.

btw - Yes I had permission from the original VG-99 patch creator, and I list who this is  in the first post in all patch threads i have re-posted from other sources. The goal was to accumulate mass VG-99 patch styles, from all over the globe, and make www.vguitarforums.com the principle archive of VG-99 patches on the web. 

Hope this helps clear up some confusion.