Some shred with the GR-55 !

Started by IanRamos, June 01, 2013, 01:26:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IanRamos

Here's a little demo of one of my custom made guitars , is the first time i use the GR-55 for recording the distortion guitar parts , it took me quite long to get a good shred sound with that box ... for my demos i always used the my Pod Hd in the solos , but i'm quite satisfied with the results !  :D

for the parts with wah , i have another preset right next to that one that is almost exactly the same , just with wah instead of dist in the MOD assign.

if somebody like the sound , i attached the patch , enjoy it !   ;)

myksara

What a patch..what a sweet guitar and superb playing!
You rock man!..cheers..thanks for d patches..
Guitars: Ibanez Prestige S5470, Ibanez Jem 7v, Ibanez JS2410, PRS SE Custom24, Cort  Ltd G16, Ibanez RG370Ahmz,
MultiFX: Roland GR55, Zoom 1on, BOSS GT00
Loopers: Digitech trio+, Line 6 JM4
MIDI:, MAudio Axiom24 keyboard, Alesis IO Dock with iPad air 2

Toby Krebs

Yeah! Nice instrumental guitar playing. Cool tone and yes I will download that one. Some nice phrasing. Thanks Ivan Lozano!

papabuss

Nice sound. Some parts of your demo remind me of some Richie Blackmore Solos in Highway Star, Child in Time and more
I notice you have activated only your normal pickup guitar ("White Strato").
So if Elantric is of the same opinion we can move your patch to the Normal Guitar Non GK Hex Section.
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?board=104.0
FENDER STRATOCASTER (1974); BRIAN MAY RED SPECIAL; VG 99; GR 55; Yamaha DX 7

Music was my first love and it will be my last (JOHN MILES)

Elantric

Since Ivan posted a video demonstrating how well the GR-55 works for his needs, lets keep this thread here in GR-55 Examples.

IanRamos

yeah , move it if you need to , i just wasen't sure where to post it ... :-\

i'm glad you like it !
the guitar is actually connected to my other guitar's gk3 pickup guitar imput ...
i found that trick really usefull to play live , as i only have one electric guitar with gk installed , but i always take two guitars with me , just in case a string brakes or something like that ...   :)

regards !

papabuss

I just recognize that you posted the patch here a second time:
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=8739.0

I think we'll move that one to the other section if it's the same.  ;)
FENDER STRATOCASTER (1974); BRIAN MAY RED SPECIAL; VG 99; GR 55; Yamaha DX 7

Music was my first love and it will be my last (JOHN MILES)