For sale: Antares ATG-1 luthier kit

Started by drbill, January 05, 2016, 11:03:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drbill

New in box. I bought it during the discount period, but have since bought the pedal.

It's the strat version, with 2 encoders. PM me if interested.
GP-10, KPA
BM i2.13p, '76 Les Paul Deluxe w/GK-3, MiM RRS, Ibanez RG420GK, Charvel strat copy w/GK-2a, FTP

DLC86

Hi, I know it's an almost 2 years old post, but I'll try to ask anyway since it's really hard to find one of this kits now.
Is it still available and on sale?

whippinpost91850

Antares quit selling it.  I don't know if you can find one anywhere.  Once they announced they were closing that division , they started drying up

DLC86

Yes I know that, that's why I'm desperately trying to find one.. Sadly I discovered its existence just a couple months after it was discontinued  :(

cags12

Quote from: DLC86 on November 19, 2017, 05:43:45 PM
Yes I know that, that's why I'm desperately trying to find one.. Sadly I discovered its existence just a couple months after it was discontinued  :(

Bad Marketing killed that product. Very people have discovered ATG too late or have not yet. Even worse, a lot people did not know all the other things it can do apart from "Auto-tuning".

One option you have is to get a Peavey AT-200 hopefully will the full pack. It is Piezo based but the closest to the Luthier kit. Moreover, there are some options where you can use a piezo board with magnetic hex. More on that upon request.

DLC86

Quote from: cags12 on November 20, 2017, 04:59:45 AM
Bad Marketing killed that product. Very people have discovered ATG too late or have not yet. Even worse, a lot people did not know all the other things it can do apart from "Auto-tuning".

One option you have is to get a Peavey AT-200 hopefully will the full pack. It is Piezo based but the closest to the Luthier kit. Moreover, there are some options where you can use a piezo board with magnetic hex. More on that upon request.
Yes you're right, I remember seeing some videos of the peavey at-200 some time ago but they just showed auto-tune and solid-tune, not one word about guitar modeling and all the other funcionalities. So I just ignored it. Only recently I discovered what it can do.

I've already evaluated to buy an at-200 but all the ones on sale here in Italy atm have just the basic pack installed. Furthermore it has only 12 presets if I'm not mistaken and they're not enough for my needs.

If I don't find a luthier kit I'll probably buy an atg-1 floorboard and will try to fit it in a smaller enclosure (or in a guitar if the main pcb is the same as the luthier kit)

Thanks anyway for the suggestions ;)

cags12

Quote from: DLC86 on November 20, 2017, 05:18:24 AM
Yes you're right, I remember seeing some videos of the peavey at-200 some time ago but they just showed auto-tune and solid-tune, not one word about guitar modeling and all the other funcionalities. So I just ignored it. Only recently I discovered what it can do.

I've already evaluated to buy an at-200 but all the ones on sale here in Italy atm have just the basic pack installed. Furthermore it has only 12 presets if I'm not mistaken and they're not enough for my needs.

If I don't find a luthier kit I'll probably buy an atg-1 floorboard and will try to fit it in a smaller enclosure (or in a guitar if the main pcb is the same as the luthier kit)

Thanks anyway for the suggestions ;)

Well, you can probably look for people selling their AT-200 with the Complete pack already installed. About the preset, that is not right, you can access up to 60+ presents via MIDI. Using fretboard you can access I believe is 17 and with Encoder (Only in the Luthier kit) you can access only 13. Again, in all variations, via MIDI you have plenty.

About the floorboard. If you are gonna do it, do it now. Antares was supposed to shutdown the update server on 31st of October. they have not done it yet so you still have chance to update the ATG-1 as soon as you buy it. Otherwise, you may get stuck with an older firmware version.

DLC86

Quote from: cags12 on November 20, 2017, 05:48:05 AM
Well, you can probably look for people selling their AT-200 with the Complete pack already installed. About the preset, that is not right, you can access up to 60+ presents via MIDI. Using fretboard you can access I believe is 17 and with Encoder (Only in the Luthier kit) you can access only 13. Again, in all variations, via MIDI you have plenty.

About the floorboard. If you are gonna do it, do it now. Antares was supposed to shutdown the update server on 31st of October. they have not done it yet so you still have chance to update the ATG-1 as soon as you buy it. Otherwise, you may get stuck with an older firmware version.
That's a great news! I though it was alredy shut down so I have to hurry up.
I've already sent an email to sonic8 shop that sells it at just 315€ but apparently they don't ship to Italy.. I hope they can make an exception

Anyway I checked about the presets and they're 16 but just for the essential pack, with the complete pack they're 64 too, so you're right.

cags12

Quote from: DLC86 on November 20, 2017, 06:01:50 AM
That's a great news! I though it was alredy shut down so I have to hurry up.
I've already sent an email to sonic8 shop that sells it at just 315€ but apparently they don't ship to Italy.. I hope they can make an exception

Anyway I checked about the presets and they're 16 but just for the essential pack, with the complete pack they're 64 too, so you're right.

Well. I tested last week about the server. When I get home I will test once more and see if it is still online.

The AT200 does not even come with Essential pack. It comes very limited to only String Tune, Solid Tune and Modern Humbucker model. Essential pack is an upgrade that unlocks a few features, obviously if you wanted to upgrade features it is better to go Complete pack. Anyway this is no longer valid.

cags12

DLC86

Quote from: cags12 on November 20, 2017, 08:39:31 AM
Site is still ONLINE!
Thank you! I'm going to buy it as soon as possible 😉

DLC86

And I just pulled the trigger.. Can't wait to try it! Thanks cags for your assistance and for convincing me ;)