VG-99 - Led Zeppelin's "Since I Been Loving You"

Started by Brent Flash, April 30, 2009, 03:20:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brent Flash

I am revisiting this patch and have made some major changes for a show I have coming up and I thought maybe it would be fun to get some help with it before I have to use it.

I am working on getting the tone and feel of the guitar parts by just adjusting the GK volume so start with it all the way down then as you go though the song add some. When Page goes to that real treble sound just crank the volume all the way up.

I am trying not to have too much actual volume change but just tone and feel (if you know what I mean).

What I would like you guys to do for me is try it out and tell me what is not working for you and if you have any suggestions let me know those too. Please don't pay any attention to the amp models and guitar models I am using because I know they are not what he used, I am just going for the sound and the matching up of what Page used in the VG-99 did not do it for me.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Here it is, you must be signed in to see it and download this patch. Import it in your editor under FILE / IMPORT SMF.

Brent Flash

I have made some changes so here is an update. The gain structure is a little better and when the GK volume is down the tone cleans up a little better, but you can still get a little bite out of it if you hit it hard. I guess I am trying to say there are a little better dynamics in it in the lower GK volume position.