Virtual Guitar Blues (busking) & Beauty of a Dream (Thomas Dolby)

Started by Smash, November 26, 2016, 01:53:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smash

So the Sound Canvas and Zoom 70 pedal are gone and now I'm using the VG with ipad in a 19" rack with 5 into 2 mixer.

V Guitar Blues uses VG99 to provide bass, baritone tremolo'd guitar - the baritone guitar is fed via digital out to ipad Bias FX for another crunch style git overlaid on top (!) and an ambient verb/delay effect made up in Tonestack.

Finally, Sampletank is providing 4 separate tones in it's multi section to make up the synth pad. Roland MIDI to UD+SB gets the VG's midi out into the iTrack dock. AUM mixer is balancing everything in the ipad.

Just testing it all out - sounds amazing through the Space Station

Beauty of a Dream is a Thomas Dolby track - interesting translating his piano to guitar! I'm using the pedal steel tone with simulated 5 string bass of sorts from VG, then the ipad is running Tonestack providing a particle verb style delay/reverb ambience and finally Sampletank with the same synth sound as above. Bit rough round the edges and the Bias FX crunch is too loud but only used for small part of the song.

admin

Do you recall the make/model of your VG-99 rack case with drawer for itrack dock?

Smash

It's a Citronic 2u 6u mixer case. I bought the drawer and shelf separately - both 1u. The itrack has magnets on its Base to make it easy to remove from the drawer. I had to cut down the pots on the first channel of the mixer so the ipad would sit over the top.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/citronic-ABSDJ246-Size-2U-4U-6U-Flight/dp/B003JG26B8