Hello from Salt Lake City

Started by jb63, May 25, 2016, 04:19:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb63

Hello From The Desert!

Jon Babcock, trapped in Salt Lake City reporting in.
Not a week goes by (well, it used to be a day), in which I don't have to look up something I don't understand and this forum has the answers.
I can't believe I've been a member so long and never had the need to actually post anything, but I am going to try to switch from my trusty VG8 to a tiny little GP10 and I'm pretty sure I will be able to come up with some unasked questions during the process.

I was out and playing full steam until my 2nd Kid was born in the end of 2014 and since then I have slowed way down. Hopefully by the end of the year I will have more performance time and get to share something with all of you. (Of course when my 2nd post is in 2018, you can smack me upside the head.) One of the things I have been looking for that seems to be so evasive is a book or instructional video that offers an introduction to MIDI and could be used to work with jr. high school level kids. I've tried to explain stuff to them, but apparently, I am too old and use too many words in the plug-and-play world.

Anyway, thank you again for organizing a library of information that the manufacturers couldn't hope to match.
You've made my life less-complicated while allowing for me to attempt the most complicated of all interests.

Back to work!

jb