Hello from Belgium

Started by Funky, February 10, 2016, 06:58:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funky

Hi, I am a 45-year old guitar player, who (unfortunately) decided only at 42 to start playing. I love most guitar music, from blues over (hard) rock to metal. Some names : ZZ-Top (the more bluesy songs), Bonamassa, Judas Priest (early years), Iron Maiden, Foo Fighters, and many more. I play every single day, between 30 minutes and 2-3 hours. Let's say about 10 hours a week, and every 2 weeks I go to a teacher for an hour.

Guitars : I play a black Gibson Les Paul Studio, and an SG Standard. I change my guitars every now and then according to how they feel to me, and next to go is the SG - I prefer the LP. Maybe it will be replaced by an acoustic, don't know yet. Maybe a Strat, already tried one (Japanese 1980) but prefer the thicker neck of the LP. Next to playing, I like to buy a guitar that has been mistreated, clean it up, give it some love, and sell it later. Gives me some knowledge about the instruments (lots of research, setting them up etc...).

Electronics : Marshall SL-5 tube amp which I hardly use (lack of skill to make it sound the way I want), and a Boss GT-001 which I use every day. I love the little thing, together with the Tone Studio on my Mac. A little issue, but I'll post that in the right section.

papabuss

Welcome to VGuitarforums, Funky!
FENDER STRATOCASTER (1974); BRIAN MAY RED SPECIAL; VG 99; GR 55; Yamaha DX 7

Music was my first love and it will be my last (JOHN MILES)