Using GR-55 with an Amp and get sounds from both

Started by senorpotatohead, October 07, 2015, 08:10:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

senorpotatohead

Hello

I going to be doing a 2 man light folk rock gig, like the Eagles and the like, and I want to be able use my Fender Mustand III for all my
basic guitar tones, especially the Lead sounds.  But I'd like to also be able to just move the GK switch and get just GR-55 tones like strings or horns or bass etc. and vice versa.  So for example we are doing Hotel California and I wanted to do picking 12 string parts on just the GR-55, but have the sound come through my guitar amp.  Then for the solo I would move the GK switch and then my Lead tone would be coming from just my Fender Mustang with nothing coming from the GR-55, just the Fender Mustang III Lead Sound.

I've read quite a few posts about this sort of thing, but I guess I just don't understand how to set it up, if it is even possible.  I've seen different setting adjustments, 4 cable method etc.  Nothing I've tried as worked and not sure if it is just me making the mistakes or is this type of setup not possible at all.

I've also read about being able to run the GR parts out to the PA, while the Guitar Amp would handle the other sounds and would just be stage volume, not going through the PA.

I would prefer the first scenario, because we are not sure of what we are going to do with the PA and I don't want to rely on having that as the only way to use the GR.

I do use the GR quite a bit while recording my own tunes, but that is easy, for me anyway....I just pick a sound  and run a cable to the channel of my choice to record.  This Gig idea sounds good and logical to me, but need help figuring it out.

Any and all suggestions, advice and knowledge is welcome and greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

SenorPotatoHead   

imerkat

you can do all that by just going into the front of your amp but if your trying to play horns and such through a guitar amp it's not going to sound the best. Set you patches to control the patch volume with your GK-Vol (system set to patch settings). then turn off the modelling tone to be controlled by the GK-vol in the menu and you will be able to control it with the GK switch.

AngeloEvs

I use my  back line amp for virtually all guitar tones and the GR55 is mainly used for providing synth tones, however I also have a few patches that provide acoustic guitar and lead guitar which are into the auxillary input on my back line amp.  (The auxillary input on my amp feeds directly to the power output stage and not the front end of the amp).

My synth tones are panned right and the GR55 right output  is fed to the PA.  My guitar tones are all panned left and the GR55 left output  feeds the auxillary input.  To pan the guitar tones requires you to use a mod effect but the effect doesn't need to be switched on for the pan to function.

The GR55 guitar volume can be controlled by your GK switch, the GK vol or the expression pedal.  (I use separate volume pedal which controls the guitar output volume from the GR55 rather than the GK or expression pedal.