FTP- Receiver not found

Started by pje, May 10, 2015, 06:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pje

I cannot get past this message in 2 separate Mac 10.7 computers now.
The receiver light is solid. Volume message from the wheel on the controller go through to midi out when booting a DAW after FTP, but no note data.
I used each computer for about 2 weeks on each before this happens.
Anyone else have this issue?
Thanks,
-Peter

shawnb

Most common causes are low battery & using a usb hub.    Let it charge overnight, & try different usb ports. If you're using a hub, try going without.

There are other causes, but these are the main ones.
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

pje

Quote from: shawnb on May 10, 2015, 06:58:32 PM
Most common causes are low battery & using a usb hub.    Let it charge overnight, & try different usb ports. If you're using a hub, try going without.
Hello shawnb
Thank you for responding.
I wish this were a common cause. It is recognized by triple play on yet a third computer.
And I don't use a hub. It seems to corrupt my computers on some root  level.
This happens over time.
The current one I am using has an entirely new partition and system. Even a system reinstall has not cured the 1st computer that started doing this.
I use digital performer on a MacBook 4.1 OS 10.7.
This is the only software to conflict with and frank, the tech at fish uses it as well and has no problems.
I am disappointed to say the least. I recognize ;like you,the step foreword  this technology brings.
Even without this 'game over' problem I have found it to be very picky,finicky and inconsistant in performance. I could not use it publicly. Am I the only one experiencing these things?
Thanks for listening!

There are other causes, but these are the main ones.

Elantric

Read

FTP- How to Update FTP Firmware
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=14964.0

Be sure you have set the Audio Interface I/O configuration too.  There is a known issue that the FTP Reciever may not be found by the FTP Control Panel GUI until after you configure the desired Audio interface.

shawnb

In a DAW, another cause is having the FTP VST in multiple tracks active simultaneously.  Only one can be active - as there is only one FTP.

Another DAW issue is having the control port engaged.   Only use the primary ports, do not access or even select that second set of ports.

Does it work ok in standalone mode?    That would narrow this down to your DAW.

Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

pje

Thank you folks for your thoughtful responses!

-Yes-this happens in stand alone mode as well as with the DAW

-I am not using an audio card.. Just the apple internal i/o in the sound settings.

I am using FTP in hardware mode to triger external synths.

I have a MidiMan  Midisport 2x2 installed.

However, this has happened on 2 computers now. The 1st had a motu midi interface when it happened.

it just friggin happens after a while. and is, so far irreversible per computer. I reinstalled the system in the 1st one and THAT didn't help. jeesh! both are Mac 10.7

shawnb

Is the FTP new?   Have you ever let it charge fully all night?   It's definitely flaky until its first 12 hour charge. 

Elantric

Read

FTP- How to Update FTP Firmware
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=14964.0

To update the FTP firmware in both Controller and Receiver, you need the FTP Control panel (Win/Mac) setup and working 
Dont skip to set the Audio Interface I/O configuration too. There is a known issue that the FTP Receiver may not be found by the FTP Control Panel GUI until after you configure the desired Audio interface -

pje

Actually, the tech at Fishman updated the firmware , even though it was up to date. I have charged it overnight, still I wonder if this is a battery problem. The FTP software used to give it a "full" read though.
About the audio interface: I only use the macbook audio [which is configured in audio/preferences/FTP] which I only use for a Stylus plug-in. I use the FTP for midi out only-to hardware synths.
Im stumped

To update the FTP firmware in both Controller and Receiver, you need the FTP Control panel (Win/Mac) setup and working 
Dont skip to set the Audio Interface I/O configuration too. There is a known issue that the FTP Receiver may not be found by the FTP Control Panel GUI until after you configure the desired Audio interface -
[/quote]