Line 6 Helix Owners Manual

Started by Elantric, September 28, 2015, 08:13:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spider

Hymmmm... MIDI Clock sync In/Out???

Elantric

Helix Firmware v1.01.2 Release Notes
Helix v1.01.2 is a free firmware update that includes fixes and optimizations. It is highly recommended that all Helix users perform this update.

It is also recommended that you back up your current presets by using the Helix application to create a preset bundle, allowing you to install new presets as part of the update process.

The easiest way to perform the update process is by installing the latest version of Line 6 Updater. Once you've connected Helix to your computer via USB port (hubs are not supported), Line 6 Updater will recognize the unit and take you through the update process. The Line 6 Updater application may be downloaded here: http://line6.com/software/

Bug Fixes
In certain situations, while in Pedal Edit mode only, effects parameters may fail to appear on the scribble strips if an Amp+Cab block was previously selected. This only happens when navigating to an effects block's parameters after viewing the third page of Amp+Cab parameters. —FIXED
Other minor bug fixes and optimizations
Other Improvements

Minor improvements made to the factory preset bundle
Loading the Newest Factory Presets (Optional)
IMPORTANT! Loading the factory presets will completely overwrite all existing presets and setlists! Back up your presets before proceeding!

Turn off Helix.
While holding footswitches 7 and 8 (two left-most switches on the bottom row), turn on Helix. Wait for the message "Will restore stock Presets and Setlists..." to appear and let go.
Known Issues

While a loop is playing, changing from a preset with the Looper block on Path 1 to one with the Looper block on Path 2 may cause a small portion of the recorded loop to play
If the Helix application is open, FS6 (EXIT LOOPER) may fail to work after changing presets while in Looper footswitch mode
Minor pops and clicks may be present when Helix is streaming audio from a Mac® running OS X 10.11 (El Capitan)
Minor pops and clicks may be present when Helix is streaming audio from an iOS® device with Apple® Camera Kit
On rare occasions while booting, noisy graphics artifacts may appear on the main display
The underscore character ("_") should not be used in Preset names or IR names. Redwirez IR names commonly contain underscore characters; in the meantime, rename these IRs until a fix is available
Streaming audio over USB while the Helix application is open may cause it to disconnect
In rare cases, pressing the Variax/Mags knob on a Variax (connected via VDI) while the Helix application is open may cause Helix to freeze
When using the stereo version of the Looper (almost all factory presets use a mono looper), pressing Undo may remove only the left channel
While in Pedal Edit mode, the expression pedal may only select values 0 and above for Pitch parameters; in the meantime, pressing FS10 can manually select negative values
The firmware version number will incorrectly appear as 1.01.02 in the Line 6 Updater and Helix applications

Elantric

http://line6.com/support/page/kb/_/effects-controllers/helix/

IR FAQ
http://line6.com/support/page/kb/_/effects-controllers/helix/impulse-response-irs-r759
Impulse Responses (IRs)

What IRs does Helix support?

Helix supports nearly all IRs in .WAV format. However, the Helix Edit application may
automatically change its attributes before sending it to the Helix hardware:

• Converts all .WAV IRs to 16-bit, 48kHz mono; when loading a stereo file, Helix
Edit uses only the left side
• Shortens (or lengthens) the IR to 2,048 samples. The user may choose a
1,024-sample version to save DSP, which fades out the IR halfway through

Can I load IRs from Ownhammer or RedWirez?

Yes, as long as they're .WAV files.

How do I load user IRs?

1. Connect Helix to your computer via USB and open the Helix Edit
application.

2. From the left side tool bar, click the IR Manager icon.

3. Drag one or more IR files from the desktop or any Finder window
directly into the IR Manager list.

4. Click the IR Manager's Save button.

Helix Edit sends the new IRs to the Helix hardware.

Remember: IR blocks reference an IR number, not the actual IR file. For example, if you happen
to replace or delete "IR 12" from Helix Edit, it will affect any presets containing IR
blocks with "IR 12" selected.

I e-mailed a preset to my friend, but it didn't include the IR. What gives?

Helix's IR blocks only point to a specific IR number (1-128); they don't include the IR
files themselves. Your band mate will need the same IR file assigned to the same IR
index number to perfectly recreate the preset.

---

How does L6 LINK work in Helix?

It's drastically different from POD HD. If you have one StageSource speaker or
DT25/50 amp, Helix will send a mono signal to it. If you have two StageSource
speakers or DT25/50 amps, Helix will send the first one in the chain the left signal
and the second one the right signal.

We have a template (TBD) that has L6 LINK set up and ready to go, and you can
switch topologies with the footswitches.

--
The Looper

How do I find the Looper?
Most factory presets already have a Looper block, ready to go. If your preset
doesn't, or you cleared all the blocks, Looper blocks can be selected from the very
bottom of the Model List, below the Send/Return category.

How much looping time do I get?
For mono looping, Helix gives you up to 120 seconds 1/2-speed or 60 seconds full
speed. There's also a new stereo looper, which gives you 60 seconds 1/2-speed or
30 seconds full speed.

Why does the Looper stop when I switch presets?
Helix's looper can maintain playback and recording across presets as long as the
target preset:
• Has the same type of looper block (mono or stereo)
• Has the looper block on the same path (1 or 2)
• Has the looper block assigned to a footswitch
Otherwise, loop recording/playback will stop.

Basic Looper Usage

Helix can add one mono or stereo Looper block per preset.
The Looper can exist anywhere on either Path 1 or Path 2. See Looper Footswitch
Mode for information on using the Looper.

Looper Settings
Knob Parameter Description

1 Playback: Adjusts looper playback level. You may find it useful to turn this
down a bit so your live guitar can be slightly louder.
2 Overdub:Sets the level of your loop while overdubbing. For example, if
your Overdub Level is set to 90%, each time your loop repeats,
its volume will be reduced by 10%, sounding quieter and quieter
with each overdub pass.
3 Low Cut and Low Cut: Filters a portion of the loop's bass and/or treble frequencies, which can improve the mix with your live guitar.

Elantric

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/line6-helix.1586637/page-158#post-20282861

http://line6.com/support/topic/15984-helix-reviews-please/?p=118657
We have two template presets that currently let you switch between two completely different tones within the same preset: 8 TEMPLATES > 2C and 2D. Both have spillover delay and reverb.

Here's another way to build it yourself, starting with a new preset:
Assign both Path's Input blocks to Multi.
Place a single Volume/Pan > Gain block (both set to -120dB) somewhere on each path.
Assign both Gain blocks to a single footswitch, but press BYPASS while one of them is selected. This makes the footswitch toggle one on and the other off. By extension, you'll be toggling between the blocks on Path 1 and Path 2. Any blocks (not just delay and reverb) after the Gain block on each path will spillover when switching to the other path.

Elantric

Helix Firmware v1.02.2 Release Notes

Helix v1.02.2 is a free firmware update that includes fixes and optimizations. It is highly recommended that all Helix users perform this update!

It is also recommended that you back up your current presets by using the Helix application to create a preset bundle, allowing you to install new presets as part of the update process.

The easiest way to perform the update process is by installing the latest version of Line 6 Updater. Once you've connected Helix to your computer via USB port (hubs are not supported), Line 6 Updater will recognize the unit and take you through the update process. Line 6 Updater application may be downloaded here: http://line6.com/software/

Bug Fixes
When set to Per Preset, Variax model and tuning settings would not recall reliably after rebooting  —FIXED
In rare cases, pressing the Variax/Mags knob on a Variax (connected via VDI) while the Helix application is open may cause Helix to freeze  —FIXED
In certain situations, punching out of the looper would not take effect after pressing UNDO, causing invalid data in the loop —FIXED
Undoing an overdub in the stereo looper would only affect the left channel. —FIXED
If the Helix application is open, FS6 (EXIT LOOPER) may fail to work after changing presets while in Looper footswitch mode  —FIXED
From the Controller Assign screen, changing pages in Pedal Edit mode would sometimes result in empty scribble strips  —FIXED
On rare occasions while booting, "broken TV" artifacts could appear on the main display  —FIXED
The underscore character ("_") could not reliably be used in IR names —FIXED
Some pitch parameters' negative values were not accessible from the expression pedal in Pedal Edit mode  —FIXED
Volume/Pan > Volume Pedal blocks would load bypassed when an external expression pedal was connected to EXP 2  —FIXED
In some cases, the inspector line would disappear when jumping to the Home screen from the model list by touching a cap sense footswitch —FIXED
Bypassed IR block footswitch appeared as dim white; now properly appears as dim pink —FIXED
Variax magnetics could emit the Variax model signal when booting with Variax connected via VDI —FIXED
Other Improvements
Added underscore ("_") to available preset name and customized scribble strip characters
Minor improvements made to the factory preset bundle
Resetting Helix Globals / Loading the Newest Factory Presets (Optional)
IMPORTANT! This procedure will completely overwrite all existing presets and setlists, as well as clear all user IRs and reset all global settings! Back up your presets and IRs before proceeding!
Turn off Helix.
While holding footswitches 9 and 10 (middle two switches on the bottom row), turn on Helix. Wait for the message "Will reset Globals and restore stock Presets, Setlists and IRs..." to appear and let go.
Known Issues
While a loop is playing, changing from a preset with the Looper block on Path 1 to one with the Looper block on Path 2 may cause a small portion of the recorded loop to play
Minor pops and clicks may be present when Helix is streaming audio from a Mac® running OS X 10.11 (El Capitan)
Minor pops and clicks may be present when Helix is streaming audio from an iOS ®device with Apple® Camera Kit
Importing a Helix bundle while streaming audio over USB may cause the Helix application to disconnect
In rare cases, Amp+Cab or Cab > Dual parameter graphics may overlap the action panel buttons while in Pedal Edit mode
A certain rare combination of looper footswitch presses may cause several scribble strip graphics to disappear

Elantric

Line-6 Helix Software , Updater, Firmware, and Windows USB Driver
http://line6.com/software/index.html

Step 1  - All Helix owners with Windows computers MUST install the Helix USB Driver for Windows OS first!

Step 2  - Download and install the Line 6 Updater Application

Step #3  Download the latest Helix Firmware. - (this should be 2.5MB file with  *.hfx file extension! ) 

I observe the latest Helix firmware 1.02.2 update file has wrong ZIP file extension -( its not a ZIp file), and reports an error

HELIX_v1.01.2sha9c86959bundle.zip

Just Rename it with the proper file *.hfx extension:

HELIX_v1.01.2sha9c86959bundle.hfx

Then the Line-6 Updater Application can open this Helix firmware update file and update your Helix

Elantric

Elantric

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/lounge/103335-line-6-helix-reviews-starting-appear-4.html
Great example of the importance of IRs and how each unit can get close enough when going thru the same quality IR!

This guy on TGP enabled only the cab section of a Kemper Marshall profile & then captured the IR using Voxengo Deconvolver.

Helix JCM800 preset using the Kemper's IR & the Kemper obviously using the Marshall profile that the IR was captured from.

Each riff is first played using the Helix & then immediately repeated using the Kemper.

I agree - third party IR cabs realy do make a big difference

--

Line 6 Helix - ANGL Kemper VS Stock CAB - Quick Vid

M~Dan thread with IR Cabs
http://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/helix-kemper-clips.1629076/

M~Dan wrote>
QuoteConclusion:
So after using the Helix for about a week now I can definately say: it really sounds good.
Personally I will still pick the Kemper over it for any sound though.
Why? The Kemper sounds how you want it to sound, it can easily be made to sound the same as the Helix (just take a profile) ... what someone mentions with the more "direct" sound of the helix... well it would be easy to add this in the KPA as well, but that's just not how the real recorded amp (in the profile) sounds like... if the actual amp would be more trebly/direct sounding then it would be in the profile as well (does anybody wants to hear that?). Or if you would just take a profile of the helix amp the Kemper would this more direct sound have as well. It really is VERY dependant on the profile :)

If you play it in person (maybe it gets lost in mp3 recordings) the Kemper still has some "magic" that the Helix can't replicate, it's hard to describe, but there is just something in the Strings to KPA interaction (dynamics?) that is just fun to play and couldn't be (at least by me) recreated on the Helix patch, even using the IRs from the Kemper. While the IR brings you in the same region of the KPA in terms of frequency response there still is some difference in feel. Don't get me wrong, the Helix feels good as well, dynamics are there, but it's just a different thing with the Kemper. I made the same experience with the Axe-Fx2 (don't hate me please) - there is something in the Kemper's tone that no other modeller can replicate (in MY opinion, so please no flamewar).

In my opinion it can't really get better than the KPA (I just love this thing, if you didn't determined this yet :p), it is (to my ears) in most cases a 100% recreation of the profiled tone. You find something that sounds better? Just take a profile and you have it in the KPA :D

What I like on the Helix: It really is very fun to use, the big colored screen is awesome :) That joystick dial wheel sucks a little bit though - I rotated it accidently when I just wanted to navigate very often. It still sounds really good :) Effects are also very good!

TL;DR: Helix sounds very good. Effects are good. UI is fun. I still prefer the Kemper because it has some "magic" in the tone that I couldn't replicate with the Helix yet.

Elantric

1:30 Playing starts
3:18 How to load an IR onto the Helix

One of the things that people have been requesting for years from Line 6 is the ability to load their own impulses, and they've delivered with the Helix. It's super easy and using your own familiar, favourite impulses can certainly bring the amp models to life!

Elantric

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/getting-started-on-helix-please-post-your-tips-here.1630666/#post-20778541
Digital Igloo wrote>
Some modelers—including a few legacy Line 6 boxes—apply judicial EQ, filtering, compression/limiting, restriction of knob ranges to avoid bad sounds, and a general shave-the-warts-off approach to amp modeling. There's nothing wrong with this, as it can result in inoffensive tones quickly (especially when dialing in tones is time-consuming or complicated). It's basically the Nickelback of modeling.

Line 6 did not take this approach with Helix.

If you pull up amp X with cab Y through mic Z at distance Q, it will sound just as good, just as bad—just as unforgiving—as the real thing. If you're a chicken pickin' country player and pull up a high-gain metal preset, it's gonna sound horrible, and vice versa. Other modeling approaches are deathly afraid of this, and make efforts to ensure the user doesn't get in trouble... because it's a PITA to get out of trouble on those units. If Helix wasn't so easy to use, we probably would've considered something similar.

I've said it before, but an SM57 one inch from the grille on a dimed plexi needs a lot of work to sound good in the studio (especially within the confines of a mix), and if it didn't require the exact same steps to sound good in Helix, then our model wouldn't be accurate. Again, we didn't shoot for good, we shot for real—because good is 100% subjective and real is quantifiable and measurable.

So if you treat Helix like you would the real amp, cab, and mic in the studio, you might do one or more of the following things, none of which are subtle:
Pick a different mic. Man, I'm not a fan of the SM57, but I know a lot of people are. Often, the first thing I do is switch to the 121 Ribbon or 160 Ribbon. It's very important to understand that just like in meatspace, certain amp, cab, and mic combinations sound like BUTT
Use two mics. It's really easy to copy and paste the cab block and switch out the mic—or use a Cab > Dual block
Adjust the distance of one or both mics. The 57 sounds best to my ears a few inches out, but like the real thing, will lose a lot of proximity effect and oomph; blend the Royer in to bring some of that back
Apply low and/or high cut filters to the cabs. Can't remember a time where I haven't done this in almost twenty years of tracking guitar amps. ALL cranked guitar amps sound "fizzy" without a high cut filter—the 5150 sounds, yes, like a can of angry bees. When mixing with a bass track and kick, I rarely maintain any energy below 120 Hz on the guitars, but soloed, this may sound thin
Pay very close attention to Master volume. People aren't used to hearing certain amps at 9.5—they'd be deaf!
Pan two amps/cabs hard left and hard right. It's pretty rare these days to hear a single guitar amp track on a record, unless it's solo jazz or something
Run stereo delays and/or reverbs 100% wet on their own parallel path and blend the path in from the Merge > Mixer block. This is just like creating aux sends on the console or in any DAW
The tonestack parameters (press the AMP button to jump there instantly) behave and react exactly like the real thing. Bass, Mid, Treble, and Presence knobs aren't an EQ; they're often very reactive and sometimes pretty squirrelly and unpredictable. A working knowledge of the original amp goes a long way; YouTube has a ton of helpful information
This is really oversimplifying things, but high sag = squishy and vintage; low sag = tight and modern

Most of the same rules apply—if you're connecting an FRFR from the 1/4" outs and XLRs are sent to FOH (or if the engineer mic'ed your amp on stage), the audience is hearing something very similar to the recorded sound anyway. There are certainly differences in the art of mixing live vs. in the studio, but these days, they're much closer.

Cool bonus—if you've created tones at home that sound great through studio monitors but things sound a bit different on stage, you can apply Global EQ to only the 1/4", while the XLRs are sent to FOH (and the audience) unscathed:
Press MENU and then Knob 5 (Global EQ). Press BYPASS to enable Global EQ.
Press [PAGE >] twice to get to page 3.
Turn Knob 1 (Apply EQ) to select 1/4".
Shortcut: At any time while on the Home screen, press and hold BYPASS for two seconds to enable/disable Global EQ to make sure it's helping and not hindering.

Elantric

Helix Reset Procedure

1. Hold switches 8 & 9 while powering on: resets setlists to factory and clears any loaded IRs.

2. Hold switches 9 & 10 while powering on: same as 8 & 9 plus it resets globals. (do this one after updating to firmware 1.02.2)

3. Hold switch 2 while powering on: some sort funky led color thingy. Doesn't actually do anything except allows you to mess with the led colors.

germanicus

I think its 7 and 8 that does #1. May be mistaken!
My albums done with modeling/guitar synth at http://music.steamtheory.com

JTV69/59P/Godin LGXT/Multiac ACS/Variax 700 AC
Helix/FTP/GP10/VG99/SY1000
Traynor k4

Elantric

QuoteHow do i adjust amp controls like "Sag", ?

Read Scuffham S-Gear manual - most concepts explained there in detail still apply to many other  DSP Amp Modeling systems  - including  Line-6 Helix
http://www.scuffhamamps.com/images/documents/sgear_usermanual.pdf

germanicus

Helix v1.03.0 is a free firmware update that includes new features, fixes, stability improvements, and optimizations. It is highly recommended that all Helix users perform this update!

The easiest way to perform the update process is by installing the latest version of Line 6 Updater. Once you've connected Helix to your computer via USB port (hubs are not supported), Line 6 Updater will recognize the unit and take you through the update process.Line 6 Updater application may be downloaded here: http://line6.com/software/

IMPORTANT! Before restoring your backed up presets to Helix, you must first install the latest 1.01 version of the Helixapplication!

New Features

•Added the ability to control speed of Optical Trem, Ubiquitous Vibe, and Bubble Vibrato via Tap Tempo; press Knob 1 (Speed) to display the note value
•Added "Don't Force" value to Variax Volume Knob and Variax Tone knob parameters; when selected, Helix will not alter a connected Variax's volume and/or tone knob settings. This is now the default for factory and new presets
Bug Fixes

•Helix would display a blank screen and scribble strips after selecting an output block, saving the preset, and restarting —FIXED
•Helix could freeze when quickly moving between input and/or output blocks on parallel paths —FIXED
•Helix could freeze if Variax is repeatedly engaged and disengaged via VDI while the Helix application is open —FIXED
•Amp+Cab and Cab model defaults would reset to SM57 instead of the intended mic model —FIXED
•Helix would not remember Tuner Output routing across power cycles —FIXED
•Helix would not respond to stomp footswitch emulation (MIDI CCs 49-58) in Preset footswitch mode when set to "Upper Row" or "Lower Row" —FIXED
•Minor issue with Brit 2204 preamp Master volume —FIXED
•Minor issue with Mutant Filter's Gain and Drive parameters with regard to sensitivity —FIXED
•Changing the sweep direction of the Mutant Filter would sometimes cause an audible pop —FIXED
•General stability improvements
•Other minor bug fixes and optimizations
Other Improvements

•When selecting "Per Preset" Variax settings, Variax Tuning now defaults to Custom, set to standard EADGBE for most presets
•Added the ability to swap min and max values for transmitted MIDI CC messages from the Command Center
•When receiving a MIDI program change without a preceding Bank Select message, Helix now retains the current setlist instead of reverting to Setlist 1
•Improvements made to the factory preset bundle

IMPORTANT! This procedure will completely overwrite all existing presets and setlists, as well as clear all user IRs and reset all global settings! Back up your presets and IRs before proceeding!

1.Turn off Helix.
2.While holding footswitches 9 and 10 (middle two switches on the bottom row), turn on Helix. Wait for the message "Will reset Globals and restore stock Presets, Setlists and IRs..." to appear and let go.
Known Issues
•Copying and pasting a Wah block will reset its Position parameter's Min and Max values
•While a loop is playing, changing from a preset with the Looper block on Path 1 to one with the Looper block on Path 2 may cause a small portion of the recorded loop to play
•Minor pops and clicks may be present when Helix is streaming audio from a Mac® running OS X 10.11 (El Capitan)
•Minor pops and clicks may be present when Helix is streaming audio from an iOS® device running iOS 9 with Apple® Camera Kit
•Importing a Helix bundle while streaming audio over USB may cause the Helix application to disconnect
•In rare cases, Amp+Cab or Cab > Dual parameter graphics may overlap the action panel buttons while in Pedal Edit mode
My albums done with modeling/guitar synth at http://music.steamtheory.com

JTV69/59P/Godin LGXT/Multiac ACS/Variax 700 AC
Helix/FTP/GP10/VG99/SY1000
Traynor k4

Elantric

Version 1.03
Released 10/30/15

Works with:
Helix   
Helix Firmware v1.03.0 Release Notes

Helix v1.03.0 is a free firmware update that includes new features, fixes, stability improvements, and optimizations. It is highly recommended that all Helix users perform this update!

The easiest way to perform the update process is by installing the latest version of Line 6 Updater. Once you've connected Helix to your computer via USB port (hubs are not supported), Line 6 Updater will recognize the unit and take you through the update process.Line 6 Updater application may be downloaded here: http://line6.com/software/

IMPORTANT! Before restoring your backed up presets to Helix, you must first install the latest 1.01 version of the Helixapplication!

New Features

Added the ability to control speed of Optical Trem, Ubiquitous Vibe, and Bubble Vibrato via Tap Tempo; press Knob 1 (Speed) to display the note value
Added "Don't Force" value to Variax Volume Knob and Variax Tone knob parameters; when selected, Helix will not alter a connected Variax's volume and/or tone knob settings. This is now the default for factory and new presets
Bug Fixes

Helix would display a blank screen and scribble strips after selecting an output block, saving the preset, and restarting —FIXED
Helix could freeze when quickly moving between input and/or output blocks on parallel paths —FIXED
Helix could freeze if Variax is repeatedly engaged and disengaged via VDI while the Helix application is open —FIXED
Amp+Cab and Cab model defaults would reset to SM57 instead of the intended mic model —FIXED
Helix would not remember Tuner Output routing across power cycles —FIXED
Helix would not respond to stomp footswitch emulation (MIDI CCs 49-58) in Preset footswitch mode when set to "Upper Row" or "Lower Row"  —FIXED
Minor issue with Brit 2204 preamp Master volume  —FIXED
Minor issue with Mutant Filter's Gain and Drive parameters with regard to sensitivity —FIXED
Changing the sweep direction of the Mutant Filter would sometimes cause an audible pop —FIXED
General stability improvements
Other Improvements

When selecting "Per Preset" Variax settings, Variax Tuning now defaults to Custom, set to standard EADGBE for most presets
Added the ability to swap min and max values for transmitted MIDI CC messages from the Command Center
When receiving a MIDI program change without a preceding Bank Select message, Helix now retains the current setlist instead of reverting to Setlist 1
Improvements made to the factory preset bundle

Turn off Helix.
While holding footswitches 9 and 10 (middle two switches on the bottom row), turn on Helix. Wait for the message "Will reset Globals and restore stock Presets, Setlists and IRs..." to appear and let go.
Known Issues

Copying and pasting a Wah block will reset its Position parameter's Min and Max values
Minor pops and clicks may be present when Helix is streaming audio from an iOS® device running iOS 9 with Apple® Camera Kit
Importing a Helix bundle while streaming audio over USB may cause the Helix application to disconnect
In rare cases, Amp+Cab or Cab > Dual parameter graphics may overlap the action panel buttons while in Pedal Edit mode
OS: Mac OS X, Mac OS Jaguar, Mac OS Panther, Mac OS Leopard, Windows 7, Mac OS Snow Leopard, Mac OS Lion, Mac OS Mountain Lion, Windows 8, Mac OS Mavericks, Mac OS Yosemite, Windows 10, Mac OS El Capitan
( 2.54 MB ) GET DOWNLOAD

Helix      
Helix
Version 1.01
Released 10/30/15

Works with:
Helix   
Helix Application v1.01 Release Notes

Helix Application 1.01 is a free software update that includes new features, fixes, stability improvements, and optimizations. It is highly recommended that all Helix users perform this update!

New Features

Added Windows 10 support
Bug Fixes

IRs with underscore characters ("_") in the name may not load properly —FIXED
Preset names could not include an underscore ("_") —FIXED
The Helix app could only import one IR file when clicking the Import button —FIXED
The Helix app could crash when importing 88.2 kHz IR files using Windows —FIXED
Known Issues

Importing a setlist and then importing a bundle can cause the Helix app to disconnect
In rare cases, the Helix application may fail to connect when set to autolaunch on Mac OS X

Elantric

http://line6.com/support/topic/17938-helix-fw-106-available-next-week/

Helix Firmware v1.06.0 Release Notes

Helix v1.06.0 is a firmware update that includes new models, features, fixes, stability improvements, and optimizations. It is highly recommended that all Helix users perform this update!
The easiest way to perform the update process is by installing the latest version of Line 6 Updater. Once you've connected Helix to your computer via its USB port (hubs are not supported), Line 6 Updater will recognize the unit and take you through the update process. Both the Helix application and Line 6 Updater may be downloaded here: http://line6.com/software/

New Amp Models
Matchstick Ch1, based on* Channel 1 of the MatchlessTM DC30
Matchstick Ch2, based on* Channel 2 of the MatchlessTM DC30
Matchstick Jump, based on* jumping Channels 1 and 2 of the MatchlessTM DC30

New Effects Models
Distortion > Teemah! (Mono, Stereo), based on* the Paul Cochrane Timmy® Overdrive
Distortion > KWB (Mono, Stereo), based on* the Benadrian Kowloon Walled Bunny Distortion
Distortion > Bitcrusher (Mono, Stereo)
Modulation > Dynamix Flanger (Mono, Stereo)
Modulation > Deluxe Phaser (Mono, Stereo)
Modulation > Tremolo (Mono) and Tremolo/Autopan (Stereo), based on* the BOSS® PN-2
Pitch/Synth > Simple Pitch (Mono, Stereo)
Pitch/Synth > Dual Pitch (Mono, Stereo)
Filter > Autofilter (Mono, Stereo)
* All product names are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with Line 6.

New Features
Swap Footswitch Assignments—This feature makes organizing Stomp footswitch mode a lot easier, especially when footswitches have multiple-assigned items or custom labels/LED ring colors. Touch and hold (but don't press) any two stomp mode footswitches for one second. A dialog box appears, asking if you want to swap all assignments. Press Knob 6 (OK)
When touch-holding a footswitch to invoke Quick Footswitch Assign (or touch holding two footswitches to swap their assignments), the dialog panel automatically closes after four seconds

Bug Fixes
In rare cases, assigning a parameter to a footswitch may briefly display the parameter's value above Knob 1 (Parameter) on the Controller Assign page —FIXED
After returning to a preset while the looper is active, the Looper block and/or half-speed footswitch's LED may not properly reflect its state(s) —FIXED
In some cases, a Command Center > CC Toggle footswitch's LED may not properly reflect its state —FIXED
Helix may fail to respond when receiving a huge string of MIDI PC messages while on the Setlist view —FIXED
After customizing the name of an auto-assigned EXP 1 block (Wah or Pitch Wham), the Volume Pedal may become unassigned —FIXED

Other Improvements
When selecting banks by pressing FS1 (BANK UP) or FS7 (BANK DOWN), FS6 now appears as CANCEL, letting you dismiss bank queue without changing footswitch modes
Expression Pedal 2 and 3 can now adjust values in Pedal Edit mode
Factory presets leveled
Additional improvements made to the factory preset bundle
Resetting Helix Globals / Loading the Newest Factory Presets
Turn off Helix.

Known Issues
Minor pops and clicks may be present when Helix is streaming audio from an iOS® device running iOS 9.1 or 9.2 with Apple® Camera Kit

Elantric

admin

Helix Rack Firmware v1.06.2 Release Notes
IMPORTANT! If Helix Control is connected to Helix Rack, turn Helix Control's power switch OFF before proceeding!

Helix v1.06.2 is a firmware update that includes new models, features, fixes, stability improvements, and optimizations. It is highly recommended that all Helix Rack users perform this update!

It is also recommended that you back up your current presets by using the latest  Helix application to create a preset bundle, allowing you to install new presets as part of the update process.

The easiest way to perform the update process is by installing the latest version of Line 6 Updater. Once you've connected Helix to your computer via its USB port (hubs are not supported), Line 6 Updater will recognize the unit and take you through the update process. Both the Helix application and Line 6 Updater may be downloaded here: http://line6.com/software/

After Helix Rack has been updated, turn on Helix Rack, and the Inspector Header will ask if you want to also update Helix Control. Press Knob 6 (OK) to proceed.

New Amp Models
• Matchstick Ch1, based on* Channel 1 of the MatchlessTM DC30

• Matchstick Ch2, based on* Channel 2 of the MatchlessTM DC30

• Matchstick Jump, based on* jumping Channels 1 and 2 of the MatchlessTM DC30

New Effects Models
• Distortion > Teemah! (Mono, Stereo), based on* the Paul Cochrane Timmy® Overdrive

• Distortion > KWB (Mono, Stereo), based on* the Benadrian Kowloon Walled Bunny Distortion

• Distortion > Bitcrusher (Mono, Stereo)

• Modulation > Dynamix Flanger (Mono, Stereo)

• Modulation > Deluxe Phaser (Mono, Stereo)

• Modulation > Tremolo (Mono) and Tremolo/Autopan (Stereo), based on* the BOSS® PN-2

• Pitch/Synth > Simple Pitch (Mono, Stereo)

• Pitch/Synth > Dual Pitch (Mono, Stereo)

• Filter > Autofilter (Mono, Stereo)

* All product names are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with Line 6.

New Features
• Swap Footswitch Assignments—This feature makes organizing Stomp footswitch mode a lot easier, especially when footswitches have multiple-assigned items or custom labels/ LED ring colors. Touch and hold (but don't press) any two stomp mode footswitches for one second. A dialog box appears, asking if you want to swap all assignments. Press Knob 6 (OK)

• When touch-holding a footswitch to invoke Quick Footswitch Assign (or touch holding two footswitches to swap their assignments), the dialog panel automatically closes after four seconds

Bug Fixes
• In rare cases, assigning a parameter to a footswitch may briefly display the parameter's value above Knob 1 (Parameter) on the Controller Assign page —FIXED

• After returning to a preset while the looper is active, the Looper block and/or half-speed footswitch's LED may not properly reflect its state(s) —FIXED

• In some cases, a Command Center > CC Toggle footswitch's LED may not properly reflect its state —FIXED

• Helix may fail to respond when receiving a huge string of MIDI PC messages while on the Setlist view —FIXED

• After customizing the name of an auto-assigned EXP 1 block (Wah or Pitch Wham), the Volume Pedal may become unassigned —FIXED

• General stability improvements

• Other minor bug fixes and optimizations

Other Improvements
• When selecting banks by pressing FS1 (BANK UP) or FS7 (BANK DOWN), FS6 now appears as CANCEL, letting you dismiss bank queue without changing footswitch modes

• Expression Pedal 2 and 3 can now adjust values in Pedal Edit mode

• Factory presets leveled

• Additional improvements made to the factory preset bundle

1. Turn off Helix.

2. While holding footswitches 9 and 10 (middle two switches on the bottom row), turn on Helix. Wait for the message "Will reset Globals and restore stock Presets, Setlists and IRs..." to appear and let go.

Known Issues
• Minor pops and clicks may be present when Helix is streaming audio from a Mac® running OS X 10.11 (El Capitan)

• Minor pops and clicks may be present when Helix is streaming audio from an iOS® device running iOS 9.1 or 9.2 with Apple® Camera Kit

• Importing a Helix bundle while streaming audio over USB may cause the Helix application to disconnect

Elantric

Helix Firmware v1.06.5 Release Notes
Helix v1.06.5 is a firmware update that includes new fixes and stability improvements, and optimizations. It is highly recommended that all Helix Rack users perform this update!

Bug Fixes
In extremely rare cases, Helix can hang after a factory update. 1.06.5 adds a "safe boot mode" to allow for a subsequent firmware update. To enter safe boot mode, press and hold footswitches 6 and 12 (far right switches on both rows) while turning on Helix
In some cases, changing a cab model within an Amp+Cab block after opening Pedal Edit mode may reset controller assignments — FIXED
Helix would not filter out MIDI program change messages with a channel different from its MIDI Base channel — FIXED
Headphone volume would be louder when Global Settings > Ins/Outs > Headphone monitor was set to "Multi" — FIXED
The Command Center > Action Panel's "Copy All Commands" button would be grayed out unless a footswitch/instant command containing a message was first selected — FIXED
The US Double Nrm and US Double Vib model's Sag parameter was biased too high — FIXED

1. Turn off Helix.
2. While holding footswitches 9 and 10 (middle two switches on the bottom row), turn on Helix. 3. Wait for the message "Will reset Globals and restore stock Presets, Setlists and IRs..." to appear and let go.

Known Issues
Minor pops and clicks may be present when Helix is streaming audio from an iOS® device running iOS 9.1 or 9.2 with Apple® Camera Kit

admin

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/new-firmware-release-for.851478/page-15

Helix Application v1.10 Public Beta Release Notes
Helix Application 1.10 is a public beta that includes new features, fixes, stability improvements, and optimizations.

IMPORTANT! READ BEFORE INSTALLING ANY NEW SOFTWARE!
Shut down all Line 6 software as well as any software that streams audio, including, but not limited to: iTunes, Spotify, DAWs, etc.
Use your CURRENT EXISTING Helix application to back up all of your presets and IRs. If you're running Helix FW 1.06 or 1.06.5, your current Helix application version should be 1.04.
Quit the CURRENT EXISTING Helix application and download and install the NEW Helix application (1.10.0), available here: http://line6.com/software/ This also installs the newest version of Line 6 Updater (1.08).
If you're using Helix Rack with Helix Control, turn off Helix Control.
Using the new Line 6 Updater (1.08), update Helix (or Helix Rack) to the newest firmware (1.10.0). If you're using Helix Rack with Helix Control, after Helix Rack has been updated, connect and power on Helix Control, and it will update automatically.
Reset Helix's global settings by holding footswitches 5 and 6 (top row) while booting. For Helix Rack, press and hold knobs 2 and 3 under the big LCD while booting.
Using the new Helix application (1.10.0), restore all user presets and IRs.
New Features
New Edit View—Click a block and its parameters appear as sliders. Click and drag a block to reorder it. Click and drag a block on a serial path down to move it to a new parallel path
New Footswitch Assign View—Click a block and its footswitch assignment parameters appear as sliders. Drag the Footswitch slider to assign a footswitch to the block
New Controller Assign View—Click a block and its controller assignment parameters appear as sliders. Drag the Parameter slider to select the parameter you wish to control and drag the Controller Slider to assign a controller to it
New Command Center View—Click an Instant (lightning bolt icon) command, footswitch, or expression pedal and from the pull-down menu to the right of the item name, select the desired command type. Scroll down to view parameters for the selected command
New Global EQ View—Click the Global EQ tab at the top of the editor window. Click Reset to reset Global EQ. Click the standby icon to the right of the Reset button to turn Global EQ on and off
Drag and Drop IRs—With an IR block selected in the Editor pane, drag & drop an IR from the Impulses list at the left directly onto the IR Select editor slider
Bypass Block Shortcut—Press B on your computer keyboard to bypass/enable the selected block
Clear Block Shortcut—Press Delete or Backspace on your computer keyboard to clear the selected block
Full Screen Mode—Mac: Click the green dot in the upper left corner of the Helix Edit window to display everything full screen; Windows: Click the maximize icon in the upper right corner of the Helix Edit window to display everything full screen
Resize Window—Drag the lower right corner of the window up, down, left, or right to resize the edit area
Not Yet Implemented
Customize scribble strip labels and LED colors
Copy and paste blocks
Known Issues
From the Controller Assign tab, any Time or Speed parameters appear as Note Sync
Helix Rack and the Helix application can lose connection after turning Helix Control off and on again while importing or exporting a bundle
Input > Multi and Input > Variax Volume Knob parameter is missing
Graphics for Input > USB 3/4, USB 5/6, and USB 7/8 are missing
Removing the last block on a parallel B path displays a floating None icon until a different block is selected
Unassigned blocks may appear to have a Footswitch assigned in the editor, but not in the hardware
Keyboard shortcuts won't work if an item in the Librarian pane was clicked
Importing a previously Exported preset does not use the exported title
Footswitch and Controller UI sliders may jitter when moved over the Looper FS or an FS with 8 assignments
App does not initially show Controller Assignment for Wah

Elantric

This is always annoying !

A Helix Editor that refuses to launch when hardware is not connected (when will these manufacturers learn the value of off line editing!)

Elantric