Loopers - plain and simple

Started by old_picker, December 12, 2017, 09:38:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

old_picker

Hello this is my maiden post on the frorum:

I am agonising over purchasing a looper -
for the foreseeable future I am done with bands and about to launch into an exploration of ambient writing - I am used to pretty nice levels of production so the quality of the sounds generated are critical.

I have a few well chosen old pedals that have served me well on stage - delays reverb overdrives, trem, chorus and wah. The RC-300 has its attractions but I'm wondering if there is anything else. that would do the job for me.

It is on my list because:

expression pedal onboard
long recording time
easy transfer of .wav files to and from
excellent sound quality

The effects dont excite me and triple loop is maybe not necessary but nice too have. It seems overly complex for my needs.

Happy to buy a volume pedal if I can get a looper that fits the other criteria. The boomerang isnt available so no need to suggest that one. Also the pigtronix is a little on the exie side being more expensive than the RC-300

What do you suggest?
thanks
Ray

chrish

Quote "expression pedal onboard
long recording time
easy transfer of .wav files to and from
excellent sound quality"

What you're describing there is the Boss RC-300 in a nutshell.

Mine is used as desktop unit though, it's never seen the floor.

I purchased mine by calling the 'group buy' vendor. I mentioned that I was a member of this forum and received 10% off.

But they do go on sale from time to time.

I believe Perfect Circuit had a pretty good sale on them a while back and they tend to go on sale during holidays.