Boss GP 10 with MD 500

Started by Mark Haydon, September 18, 2017, 08:29:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Haydon

Was planning on adding a Boss MD 500 to my GP 10 pedalboard. L/ R of GP 10 into the stereo input of the MD 500 and the stereo out of the MD 500 into the stereo in of a DD 20. Is it ok to use the power supply of a BCB 60 - PSB series to power all 3 units ? The specs show it to be 9 v ,2000 ma.

admin

Never know until you try

but IMHO you are drawing a fair amount of current running all on one wall wart

Mark Haydon

Many thanks for your inputs. Here in Asia, boss markets it's BCB 60 Pedalboard power supply under the name  PSB 250 ,with the specs of 9 V and 2000 MA . Old advertisements of the BCB pedalboard show the DD 20 sitting besides other boss pedals. But not for the MD , RV and DD 500 series pedals , hence I asked. Thanks once again.

Elantric

Quote from: Mark Haydon on September 19, 2017, 08:19:58 AM
Many thanks for your inputs. Here in Asia, boss markets it's BCB 60 Pedalboard power supply under the name  PSB 250 ,with the specs of 9 V and 2000 MA . Old advertisements of the BCB pedalboard show the DD 20 sitting besides other boss pedals. But not for the MD , RV and DD 500 series pedals , hence I asked. Thanks once again.

I like the BigJoe  - its a 9VDC pedal board Battery box,While Big Joe  will NOT have enough DC current to run GP-10+ MD-500 + RV-500  its still a valuable tool

As Big Joe also measures the actual DC milliamp  current draw of any  connected effects 
https://www.corrosionpedia.com/definition/5695/milliamp-ma

Big Joe Stomp Box Company PB-107 Power Box Lithium Rechargeable 9v 500ma Battery Power Supply
The new Power Box Lithium is a small footprint rechargeable, 9v 500ma Lithium Battery Power Supply capable of powering multiple pedals, pedal boards and high current draw effects.  Innovative, Smart Battery, display technology shows current draw, battery status and time remaining.  These features let you know how much battery time is left under current pedal load, so that you never have to worry about when the battery will die.

Features
Innovative, Smart Battery, display technology shows current draw, battery status and time remaining

Mark Haydon

Mark Haydon

Dear Mr. Conrad, I found the answer in the Boss BCB 60 manual. It states that the PSB 1U ( or PSC Series) can be used with any Effect  Pedal that is compatible with the PSA or ACA series. It further states " when using effects pedals compatible with the Boss ACA series,be sure to route the guitar signal via the BCB-60 send and returns. Insufficient voltage is supplied to the effects pedals unless the signal is routed through the sends and returns ". " Do not connect the PSB -1U ( or PSC series) directly to the effects pedals.