Tracktion T6 DAW (Mac, Windows, Linux) now free

Started by Kenmac, September 03, 2017, 08:37:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenmac

I just received an e-mail about this last night. A couple of years ago they made their T5 version freely available for download and now the T6 is available to download. This isn't a "light" version and it doesn't have any missing features. It's a fully featured DAW and it's available in 32 and 64 bit versions. You do have to set up an account with them but it's easy to do. You can read more about it here: https://www.tracktion.com/products/t6-daw
"Let them brush your rock and roll hair."

HAMERMAN409

Looks like T7 is now free.

Does anybody have any Tracktion experience? My bands drummer has a Behringer audio interface that came with Tracktion and I am wondering if I should spend some time learning how to use it.

So far I have used Cakewalk and Reaper and I am curious how it compares. For this use case I am mostly wondering about ease of use for recording audio tracks and stability. 

Kenmac

Quote from: HAMERMAN409 on March 03, 2020, 11:24:28 AM
Looks like T7 is now free.

Does anybody have any Tracktion experience? My bands drummer has a Behringer audio interface that came with Tracktion and I am wondering if I should spend some time learning how to use it.

So far I have used Cakewalk and Reaper and I am curious how it compares. For this use case I am mostly wondering about ease of use for recording audio tracks and stability.

Yes, I've been using T7 for quite some time now. There are plenty of tutorials available on YouTube for Tracktion and it seems to be one of those DAWs that people either "get" or don't. I also have Cakewalk and Reaper and to be honest, I find them to be a little easier to use than Tracktion. One of the things that I really like about it though is the way it organizes your plug-ins. It captures a visual "snapshot" of the plug-ins interface so if you can't remember the name of a plug-in you can scroll through and see the interface for it. Apparently they're going to release the successor to T7 called Waveform 11 and it's going to have a paid version and a free version. I'm not sure when that's going to happen but I'll probably be making a post about it here when it gets released.
"Let them brush your rock and roll hair."