Boss GT-1 No Midi Program or Control Change Possibilities

Started by micdim, August 28, 2017, 06:40:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

micdim

I just wanted to clarify for everyone that the Boss GT-1 does NOT have any midi Program changes or Control Change possibilities.

This unit could have been a fantastic Multi Effects Processor for the professional musician performing live, however with no midi program/control change capabilities it's not usable for live performances for us musicians who use auto program/control changes to control our gear automatically for Lead Boosts, program changes, control changes, etc.

I travel a lot by airlines, and the size of this unit would have been the answer to keeping my gear with me at all times. In fact with the limitations that Airlines are putting on us, Boss would put a much needed unit into the pro main stream community.

I hope Boss at some point in the near future changes this, and adds midi capabilities to this wonderful unit.

P.S.
I thought I would share this with everyone as It took some time to get this info correct. Even the Roland/Boss reps that I spoke to didn't have a clue about this, and at first gave me misinformation regarding the GT-1. Hope this helps in making your decisions about this unit.

If anyone can give me an email address I can send Roland/Boss about future inclusions into their GT-1 product I would be very appreciative.

Cheers!

Redvers

No sysex either? That's usually how these things communicate with the editor.

CodeSmart

Quote from: Redvers on August 28, 2017, 10:19:57 AM
No sysex either? That's usually how these things communicate with the editor.

A MIDI Bridge or similar could be developed, controlling the thing just BTS does using Sysex.
Similar to what's been done with the Katana.
But I got more gear than I need...and I like it!

gumtown

The Boss GT-001 is what you need, it has full midi and cc# spec.
It is basically a GT-100 in a compact box.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/