What to do after a GAS buy went almost useless?

Started by pasha811, August 19, 2017, 01:09:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pasha811

Owner of VG99, primarily used for home recording. Here and there it might happen that I still play live with friends at little random gigs. Because of that I got myself a GT-1 to spare my VG99 from dangers.. :-)
In the meantime I could not resist a GP10 offering. All shops are getting rid of the yellow boxes they are dust settlers for them.
So now I have VG99, GP10, GT-1 and no gig in sight.
VG99 it's the main asset in my home recording 'studio'.
As a standard no hex Guitar MFX GT-1 overlaps GP10 with some minor differences in the number of FX, flexibility of the FX chain and of course the looper, a 32 sec one, good for practice.
I like GP10 a lot, in some cases a very good companion to record some specific guitar sounds, synth (OSC is my fav even if a little difficult to play as it gets all ghost notes) that give me embellishment of my compositions. The lush amount of control pedals (I have no FC300 for VG99) on board make the GP10, also good for rare gigs. It also pushed my old friend the drummer to like it.. as you know from my posts. GT-1 it's a very good MFX as well and very flexible due to the FX1 FX2 chain with a lot of effects inside. However apart very occasional usage of Looper my GT-1 is getting dust. The presence of Multi-Dimensional FX and Thera Echo (albeit a lesser version of the original stand alone one) make GT-1 interesting but not enough. I have not much space at home to keep the GP-10 + GT-1 combo setup always connected and that means that getting lazy I tend to use GP10 or VG99.

So have you ever been in the mood of 'freeing some space and have some money back' after a series of GAS attack? I am looking at Ditto Looper X2 or X4 that would be a good completion of my practice / recording setup in exchange of GT-1 even if some good layered sounds are possible when coupled with GP10 both in series (GP10 into GT-1) or parallel (GP10 for modeled + GT-1 for natural then Mixer)... still undecided if it's the case to giveaway GT-1 but that's the mood.
I could also look at the used gear market and find something that I'll turn into more useful.

Any smart idea welcome!

Best
Pasha   

Listen to my music at :  http://alonetone.com/pasha/

gumbo

Best 'smart idea' that I've got is to just KEEP ON RECORDING YOUR GREAT STUFF while you make up your mind ...   ;D

HTH
Peter
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

chrish

"So have you ever been in the mood of 'freeing some space and have some money back' after a series of GAS attack? "

For me the choice comes down to this.

Either I could become a crack addict and spend large amounts of money on a useless addiction that would quickly endanger my health and pose a risk to others.

or

I could buy more gear and spend money on an addiction that could arguably improve my brain health by learning new knowledge.

It's also lots of fun to create electronic music.

So the choice is simple, I just buy music gear and keep it and don't worry. ;D

Rhcole

Pasha,

I do it constantly. It's one of my tricks for justifying new gear: "if I sell this and this and this I can (almost) pay for that!"