GP-10- Trying to assign two FX settings on same patch?

Started by homeby5, May 29, 2017, 02:23:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

homeby5

Hey guys,
I'm trying to assign my CTRL-1 to toggle Fx OD/DS and also assign CTRL 2 to toggle the Fx Uni-Vibe. Want them to work independent with each other. I don't want to use any modeling amps.....just Fx pedals. Problem is that CTRL-1 works fine and toggles my Fx on and off but my CTRL-2 does nothing. I assume that's because I can only assign one FX to a single patch? Is this correct.
Thanks guys  :)

gumtown

You can only use one item from "FX" at any one time,
although you can use an assign to change the FX type from OD/DS to UNIVIBE from the same patch,
and use one or the other.

If you are using the GK pickup, you could use the POLYFX-Distortion and the FX-Univibe together.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

beatpete

Quote from: gumtown on May 29, 2017, 02:38:58 PM
You can only use one item from "FX" at any one time,
although you can use an assign to change the FX type from OD/DS to UNIVIBE from the same patch,
and use one or the other.

If you are using the GK pickup, you could use the POLYFX-Distortion and the FX-Univibe together.

Yes, I do this all the time. For your second control (cntr 2), set up two assigns, one that switches between the 2 fx and another turning FX on/off. Works well and retains the settings from each FX. I use to switch between OD and tremolo..

homeby5

Thanks guys...I'm not to savy on this but I'll give it a go. I'll get back with ya...  :)