Previous topic - Next topic

gumtown

EDIT:
For those who want to skip straight to the chase,
here is

GT-1FxFloorBoard
https://sourceforge.net/projects/fxfloorboard/files/GT-1FxFloorBoard/

I was having a quick squizz through the GT-1 amps and OD/DS types,
and noticed the Custom Amp and Custom OD/DS are not there.
Nor are 10 effects each in FX1 and FX2 that the GT-100/001 has.

Perhaps these might be accessible like with the Katana ??

Fx FloorBoard Features
Software which emulates the GT user interface in a graphical way.
Does realtime editing of settings from your desktop - saving your back.
Save your valuable GT data, system and custom settings to file.
Patch text view of all your patch settings, and print or save text list to file.
Edit a single effect setting for groups of User patches in one operation.

Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

admin

QuoteI was having a quick squizz through the GT-1 amps and OD/DS types,
and noticed the Custom Amp and Custom OD/DS are not there.
Nor are 10 effects each in FX1 and FX2 that the GT-100/001 has.

Perhaps these might be accessible like with the Katana ??

I'm hoping this is true!

CodeSmart

I'm sure some guy sitting in a control room at a power utility with some time at hand will have to check it up, otherwise he won't sleep properly  ;D
But I got more gear than I need...and I like it!

gumtown

Quote from: CodeSmart on May 02, 2017, 04:30:31 PM
I'm sure some guy sitting in a control room at a power utility with some time at hand will have to check it up, otherwise he won't sleep properly  ;D
Ok sure enough, I had a spare hour to conjure this up...
For all those GT-1 users who have always wondered if the GT-1 possesses the same "Sneaky features" like the Katana, here it is.
a reincarnation of the GT-100 editor, modified to shower the GT-1 with GT-100 command parameters in GT-1 type speak.

a windows version for a start anyway..
https://sourceforge.net/projects/fxfloorboard/files/experimental/GT-1FxFloorBoard_Setup.exe/download
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

CodeSmart

Fantastic and amazing!

No time to try today but I'm hoping for the weekend.
I met up again with my hometown teenage band from 35 years ago and my GT-1 will be handy as a reunion mini rig  :D
But I got more gear than I need...and I like it!

aliendough

Gumtown, I'm on a Mac so can't see the editor yet, but how does this work?  Are those hidden Amps in there already, or is your editor doing something else?

Elantric

QuoteGumtown, I'm on a Mac so can't see the editor yet, but how does this work?  Are those hidden Amps in there already, or is your editor doing something else?

Read the Help to get you in the ballpark

the Help file that gets installed is based upon the GR-55  - so there is much info in the Katana FX Floorboard HELP file that is not applicable to the katana

gumtown

The GT-1 actually has all the GT-100 amps, so there are no extra 'sneaky' ones  except for the "custom" amps and 6 extra amp parameters.

other stuff to check is the OD/DS custom types too.

Elantric

For both GT-1 and Katana ,  I'm hoping the Control Assign area can be expanded to support MIDI CC as Sources

BuleriaChk

I downloaded and installed Foorboard GT-1, but am getting "bad data" when it tries to do upload.  The GT-1 is connected and selected as midi device.  Version is 1.07, and Tone Studio works correctly....

I get "Error - System data was not transferred", and then Floorboard comes up with "bad data" in all the slots..

Is there a switch I'm missing?

Update: It is connected; I hit "auto sync" and the GT-1 is messaging "Bulk Data Sending..."  Is that encouraging?  Is it sending everything?  How long does it take?

gumtown

So...
Has anyone tried the software, and found any extra features not accessible from the gT-1 or Tone Studio interface?

Custom amps or Custom OD/DS maybe?

pelaomedinaese

i have an issue with this software my GT-1 cannot transfer the system data to edit my ptches in the mentioned software, that a the only thing that i can do is open a patch exported from bts but i can't open the rest... i hope that you read this

pelaomedinaese

you are right, i was using the gt 100 version, sorry  ;D

pelaomedinaese

gumtown

There was an experimental GT-1FxFloorBoard I posted a few months back
for experimental users to try and find any hidden "sneaky" GT-100 features within the GT-1.

Much interest was posted in creating a software to probe the GT-1,
but after it was built and uploaded,
no one replied as to what was found (as I don't have a GT-1 to find out myself), so I recently deleted it.

Blacque Jacque Schellacque

Quote from: gumtown on September 13, 2017, 01:20:15 PM
There was an experimental GT-1FxFloorBoard I posted a few months back
for experimental users to try and find any hidden "sneaky" GT-100 features within the GT-1.

no one replied as to what was found (as I don't have a GT-1 to find out myself), so I recently deleted it.

Hi Gumtown, I got myself a GT-1 at the beggining of the summer. If your intention was to create a GT-1 FxFloorBoard at some point and needed some help, I can give a hand. I didn't know until now that there was a version of your application for the GT-1. I am a software developer so I can certainly do some testing and report any findings. If I know what feedback you are looking for.

I did some quick research this summer by looking at the exported livesets of the GT-100 and the GT-1. You must already be aware that these are in json format, easily readable using an editor that understands json and can reformat it. I used notepad++ with the json plugin. I did edit a GT-1 patch in a liveset trying to enable some effects/parameters/functionnality found in the GT-100 and see if they would magically appear in my GT-1. Result? No luck at all for now.

I don't know if the only intended use of the FxFloorBoard is to access undocumented features of the GTs it supports. If not, it certainly would be nice to see the GT-1 in its list of supported devices.

Let me know if I can help.

BJS

DML

Typical Roland / Boss. At first glance the GT-1 looks like it has the same software, options and possibilities as the GT-001 and GT-100.
But it's not the same. Dealbreaker for me is the absence of the parameter Direct Signal in the speaker sim. That was a dealbreaker with the GR-55 too. All my gain-sounds consist of more or less 15% Direct Signal but that's impossible with the GT-1. What a pitty.......
Boss GT-1000core, Gibson Explorer 2018, Höfner travel guitar, 4x Framus Renegade Pro, Framus Panthera, Framus Panthera Custom 7, G&L Asat, Rocktron/Egnater Velocity Valve, 2x Mesa Thiele EVM12L, 2x Mesa Thiele EVM12L Road Ready, Voes MX12 midi controller, Ovation 2078TX-5 Elite, PJB Cub II - AG150.

hsuru4u

gumtown...which file is the one for the gt-1? floorboard gt-1?

admin

Quote from: hsuru4u on October 24, 2017, 10:36:25 PM
gumtown...which file is the one for the gt-1? floorboard gt-1?

It was only a work in progress and never completed - so its been removed for now

Gumtown wrote>
QuoteThere was an experimental GT-1FxFloorBoard I posted a few months back

Edit : GT-1 editor is finally released

hsuru4u

awwww.i love the layout of the floorboard.

pelaomedinaese

any plans to release fx floorboard for gt-1?

gumtown

Quote from: pelaomedinaese on December 05, 2017, 07:47:09 PM
any plans to release fx floorboard for gt-1?
The short simple answer is No.
I have no desire to buy a new GT-1 at this stage.

Juuichi

Blacque Jacque Schellacque

Quote from:  Elantric
the original version Gumtown posted was simply a non working work in progress, with no functionality

After we reviewed the GT-1 DSP code, we determined there were no lurking "sneaky amps" inside the GT-1 DSP

All GT-1 DSP settings  / configs / FX settings can already be edited using the official Boss Tone Studio for GT-1 - therefore there is no need for an independent version from Gumtown

True.... except Gumtowns version looks so since graphically!

Elantric

Quote from: Blacque Jacque Schellacque on December 08, 2017, 11:27:34 AM
True.... except Gumtowns version looks so since graphically!

But with Gumtowns busy schedule, and AND LACK OF USERS FUNDING HIS SHAREWARE EDITOR CREATION EFFORTS   - its not worth his time.