GT-1 - Effects only at end of chain

Started by johnnyninja, April 27, 2017, 06:20:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnyninja

I'm thinking about adding a GT-1 to my board to use for effects such as delay, reverb, and modulation. I'm wondering if anyone else has done this and if you notice any loss of tone. My concern is a degradation of sound since the pedal is not really designed for this use. I had a GP-10 that I ran in front of everything and did notice a slight bit of tone suck. In this scenario, the GT-1 would be at the end of a chain containing a wah, comp, distortion, and preamp.

lefty Freak

I've done it and yes there's tone degradation but a little creative eq'ing could help. IMO the GT-1 works best as a direct unit either into the return of an amp or direct to mixer or FRFR speaker. I am a little disappointed that there's no fx loop on it but for 199 dollars I am not going to complain.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage."  ― Anais Nin

beatpete

Quote from: johnnyninja on April 27, 2017, 06:20:46 AM
I'm thinking about adding a GT-1 to my board to use for effects such as delay, reverb, and modulation. I'm wondering if anyone else has done this and if you notice any loss of tone. My concern is a degradation of sound since the pedal is not really designed for this use. I had a GP-10 that I ran in front of everything and did notice a slight bit of tone suck. In this scenario, the GT-1 would be at the end of a chain containing a wah, comp, distortion, and preamp.

Are you going into an amp? If so, just make sure all the amp sims in the GT-1 are off and it should be fine.