GR-55 - recording with the gr55

Started by jeremydunit, March 08, 2017, 04:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeremydunit

hey all, was wondering if anyone here has done any recording with the 55 and if so, wich dawwould you recommend for a newbie. ive been recording for awhile with tascams and a boss br 1180. want to get into using software. so many out there just want a easy, user friendly one. any feedback would be awesome. ???
schecter hellraiser with gk3 on the bridge, gr55 and more to come!

admin

If you are on Windows
Reaper
NTrack Studio
MixCraft
Studio-One

If on Apple Mac - GarageBand, Logic

Try demo versions and see which one you can wrap your brain around

alexmcginness

VG-88V2, GR-50, GR-55, 4 X VG-99s,2 X FC-300,  2 X GP-10 AXON AX 100 MKII, FISHMAN TRIPLE PLAY,MIDX-10, MIDX-20, AVID 11 RACK, BEHRINGER FCB 1010, LIVID GUITAR WING, ROLAND US-20, 3 X GUYATONE TO-2. MARSHALL BLUESBREAKER, SERBIAN ELIMINATOR AMP. GR-33.

jeremydunit

got a Yamaha thr 10xthat ame with Cubase....would you say its fairly easy o navigate?
schecter hellraiser with gk3 on the bridge, gr55 and more to come!

Nicksp

I have been using Mixcraft (just upgraded to Mixcraft 8) - it's cheap and simple to use !!

Jim Williams

I strongly suggest Reaper for starting out. Firstly is the cost...... you can download it and try it out fully functional for free. If you choose to buy it you can buy it for $60. It will get you started but after some time you may wish to buy something else. Reaper has the same features as other DAW's but Studio one is one of the most impressive ones out there.

Everything from modeling to the real deal, my house looks like a music store.

groovey1

Quote from: jeremydunit on March 10, 2017, 02:22:40 PM
got a Yamaha thr 10xthat ame with Cubase....would you say its fairly easy o navigate?
Truthfully there's a fair-sized learning curve for any DAW. But if you already have Cubase LE you might as well start with that. You can always spend more money later. And once you have a handle on the basics, most DAWs offer demo versions you can try out to see if they suit you better.
Good luck and have fun!

alexmcginness

Quote from: groovey1 on March 18, 2017, 10:09:48 PM
Truthfully there's a fair-sized learning curve for any DAW. But if you already have Cubase LE you might as well start with that. You can always spend more money later. And once you have a handle on the basics, most DAWs offer demo versions you can try out to see if they suit you better.
Good luck and have fun!

This is so true. If youre familiar with a DAW stick with it. Ive been with Cubase since the Atari days. Ive tried using other DAWS that have come along that promised something better, but they all had steep learning curves.
   In the end they all do the same thing and that is they let you record music and get a finished tune done. The only real difference is the interface you prefer to work with.
VG-88V2, GR-50, GR-55, 4 X VG-99s,2 X FC-300,  2 X GP-10 AXON AX 100 MKII, FISHMAN TRIPLE PLAY,MIDX-10, MIDX-20, AVID 11 RACK, BEHRINGER FCB 1010, LIVID GUITAR WING, ROLAND US-20, 3 X GUYATONE TO-2. MARSHALL BLUESBREAKER, SERBIAN ELIMINATOR AMP. GR-33.

Spatzi

I'd recommend not using any recording software. I do all my recording live, direct out of the headphone jack into a zoom recorder. I make a loop on the gr 55, then improvise over it. I then edit or enhance the audio with wavelab. It then goes up on bandcamp.