Hello from Sweden and beyond!

Started by Peter the GR-eat..., February 17, 2017, 06:34:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter the GR-eat...

My name i Peter and i live in Sweden.

I have played guitar for a long time.
Briefly on a semi professional level.

But mostly just because its fun!

My gear has been a Burns London jazz splitsound and a Selmer treble n bass for about 20 years.
But because of a hand injury i started using more effects to sort of cover up for not being able to play as good as i used to. :)

I also play some synth. And been a sucker for old Roland gear (mostly)  since the late 90`s
So when i was introduced to guitar synths by a friend about 7 years ago i just seemed like the prefect combination.
And after a while i was able  to buy a G505 and a GR-300. I really like the GR-300. Seams limited at first but it is acutely quite deep.
Some years later i got a GR-100 an a GM-70

I been thinking about getting a bit closer to present time, and  into the world of 13-pin for some time now. The GR-300 and GR-100 is amazing but really not something that i would like to use live.

Found a lot of good info on the on this forum and the the atmosphere seems to be nice!   So, i finely got around to join.

First a a VG-99 seemed like the obvious choice but now i think I will buy a Boss GP-10.
Hopefully soon!

chrish

Welcome. I'd be interested in hearing how the gr300 compares to the gp10 synth horn when you get it.

The vg99 has the ability to run two gr300 models at the same time and i hear that it compares well to the original.

aliensporebomb

I originally owned a G-202 Roland guitar (Fujigen) and Roland GR-100 and played the GR-300 dozens of times in stores so am familiar with how it responds.

Both the VG-99 and GP-10 can emulate the GR-300 nicely.  The neat thing about the VG-99 though is that you can run two emulations at the same time and do crazy things like running two emulated GR-300's an octave apart for a seriously massive orchestral kick.

My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

CodeSmart

Hej Peter and welcome.
Fun to see more Swedes here.

I use a GP-10 mostly for guitar effects, modeling and/alt tuning.
It's really a handy little thing.
But I got more gear than I need...and I like it!

Peter the GR-eat...

Hi thanks for the great response!

This truly seems like a nice place!

One thing that I really should have mentioned in my introduction is that I'm DYSLEXIC
and it might take a while before I answer. So if it takes time its not me being rude.
Well hopefully anyway :)

The dual signal on the VG-99 seams great and it was something i noticed early on when readin about 13-pin synths.
Spent so many hours at Joness great site.
But the GP-10 just looks so portable.

Mostly its the synth side rather than the COSM amps
of ether 13-pin units that seems interesting to me.
But this is since a never tried it this might change. And the alt tuning and acoustic etc seems interesting indeed.

Preferably i would like to run the synth in my guitar amp. But when playing my gr-300 in my Selmer treble n bass
I found i had to adjust the setting drasticly to get a decent sound. Its a tube amp with no master volyme andcranking it and use the tube distortion really didn't work with the GR-300.

So from what i have read transitor amp might be better. But more gear to carry..

Anyways, looking forward to spending time here.
And Thanks for a warm welcome!

Brak(E)man

Hej å välkommen ,
The GP is portable but the synths are not at all as good as any of the Vgs
and you should try using full range speakers in stereo for best result with
VGs , GP or any of the synths.

swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch

Peter the GR-eat...

When i was  listening the this patch in the patch https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=19629.0, exchange section i got really impressed. And really started thinking of the GP-10
as a good alternative.
And I really LOVE the hex fuzz in the GR-300 and GR-100.
And from what i have heard the hex fuzz or poly distortion in the GP-10 sounds great. 

Seem to be some Swedes here :) So i will post in the in the local group if someone wants to write in swedish.

Brak(E)man

I think that patch was made from the GR300 emulation in GP
The only synth IMHO in GP that works, that said its a nice box
swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch

Peter the GR-eat...

Finally!
Got a GP-10GK last week.
And.... Its amazing!
After some serious fumbling whit the GK-3 i started playing.
And just using presets i started playing in new ways, and got ideas for songs.

Got a lot to learn about programming it fast.

But the GP-10 is the best!

carlb

Hey Peter, welcome! FYI ... The visual editors for the GP-10 make understanding programming it so much easier, so do start with those. But now that I understand what's going on, I just program via the knobs and LED screen on the GP-10. Makes my gig setup more simple for hardware, cables, and batteries. I can live without the convenience of a visual editor now.
ES Les Paul, internal Roland GK
Boss SY-1000, Valeton Coral Amp pedal
Morningstar MC8 & MC6
QSC CP8 powered speaker

Peter the GR-eat...

Thanks! Yes the BOSS TONE STUDIO is going to be my new home for some time. :)

Peter the GR-eat...

Had a rough couple months.

And haven't been able to  play much at all and it was a long time ago since I logged in here.
A shame really. :'(
Hopefully things get better!
Really missed this place!
And I'll try to become more active here again.

Thanks for making this a awesome place. :)

CodeSmart

Välkommen tillbaks.
Sometime life makes a twist and you have to slow down or do other things. Happens to most of us sooner or later.

Glad you're back  :D
But I got more gear than I need...and I like it!

Peter the GR-eat...

Hurricane

Hello Sverge :)

I have been there - lost my connection to this forum for several years and one day
It all comes back to me and I logged in  .

Good to know you are still kicking at it , the music keeps you young at heart always .

EZ :

HR